Kromet International
Happiness score is 45 out of 100

Kromet International Employee Reviews

Canada34 reviews

paymanagementgoodjobworkemployeebenefittraining

They just care about the numbers and if you look like you're working

IF you do decent numbers of parts and look like you're working they'll leave you alone.If not, they're not 'the nicest' per say.They'll blame you for their own technical issues.Management is very bad while your fellow workers and direct manager is good, but there's only so much they can do as they're on the bottom of the pyramid. Lack of formal training and communication.only positive is pay is decent and once you get the hang of things, you can get skilled.Handling the parts wasn't difficult as they're not heavy but not being allowed to sit down while you're waiting was the toughest part.Get reimbursed for anything you buy for work ASAP as they don't respond to emails when you're no longer employed.

Enjoyed learning CNC milling

Wish I had training to help increase my speed. Light work, variety of parts kept it interesting. Reading blueprints for measuring parts was the hardest part for me, personally. Co-workers were usually helpful, but had their own job to do as well. My time there was short, but overall memorable.

Insights into Kromet International

Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager
  • Sense of belonging
  • Overall satisfaction

Okay Job

Good job, was hot in the summer, good for students. The job always starts with not knowing what needs to be done in a day. After you have your job, it is smooth sailing, as long as you are working, the supervisors do not care.

Meh

Company should value their employees..........There was no interview. Safety of their employees are terrible. The people are friendly. Work is fast pace and easy. Must be able to work well with others.

Run don't walk

Avoid this company unless you are desperate for work! Underhanded management, unsafe and toxic work enviroment, no respect for the hardworking people on the floor.

Pros

The pay

Cons

Bad management toxic and unsafe work environment

Light to heavy work and friendly environment

Good place to work , lots of overtime, light to heavy work, friendly people, management works well with employees. This is at the Hamilton Ontario plant.

Run Away

Senior Management is unprofessional, relies on intimidation to try to achieve goals. Of course they fail miserably. Nepotism runs rampant, no chance of getting anywhere unless you are a member of the Royal Family. Stay away.

Pros

Decent benefits

Cons

Management, no direction

Challenging and stressful

Too many people think they are the boss Stressful work environment with difficult people Benefits aren't the best and pay raises don't happen often. Employees are treated very poorly, even if a job is done well.

Great place to work if you enjoy fast work

I enjoyed the work, the employees were very helpful in training and showing me the ropes, everything is very light but busy fast paced and days went by quickly, if you enjoy busy work then I would recommend kromet to a friend or family I was laid off and am currently waiting a call back as to covid is coming to an end

nice place to work

Very good people to work with, Management are understandable. Work is not difficult and is fun. Some people over there don't like to work hard or let you work hard.

Can be very relaxed, operators on floor are very friendly and welcoming. Management needs minor restructuring to continue growth as a company.

Lay-offs have become very frequent approx every 3-6months and lay off can extend up to months at a time Your previous position is not guaranteed when returning to work Majority of staff are very friendly and eggar to help one another

Fast paced workplace

the hardest part of the job is the management. There is no training at all They don't do performance review as they claimed in the job interview Low pay

not a very comfortable environment to work

would not recommend working here as this is a very stressful place to be great workers company does not adhere to safety no maintenance after hours on call no one available to respond

It was decent

It was a decent job lots of work friendly employees...job was a fast pace environment but easy to keep up with training was good you rotate jobs so your not doing repetitive work

Toxic Work Culture

Would not recommend working here. Only as a filler if you desperately need a job. People who care about their jobs tend to leave due to no one ever getting in trouble for anything. I’ve seen other operators run their machine only half their shift and walk around and not get in trouble. One of the supervisors is known to disappear for hours at a time and management doesn’t care. I left for a company that values hard work and appreciates hard work. If you’re an operator that cares you will feel unappreciated and if you’re a supervisor, you’ll be responsible for everything while they give you no help to get the job done. Those who get work done, get more added onto their plate. Those who don’t get anything done, get away with it. Seems fair right?

Pros

Paid biweekly, if you don’t hit rate nothing happens to you

Cons

Everything else

Awful place to work. Spare yourself the mental distress.

I think this company embodies the definition of micro management. They are constantly hiring supervisors who have little to no experience in the industry every several months so managers do most of the supervisory work. They have little to no regard for their employees,

Pros

Paid lunches. Benefits.

Cons

No training. Lots of hazards.

Worst company ever.

Severely unorganized, management is garbage, supervisor turnover rate is absolutely ridiculous. Don't care about safety at all. Basically if you want to work in a soul sucking pit, Kromet is perfect for you.

Pros

Pay

Cons

Literally everything else.

Great Place to Work

Great pay and great benefits. Kromet is a fast paced environment with lots of opportunity for personal growth. As with any job, you will be appreciated if you do your work to the best of your ability and show up to your job as scheduled.

Productive and fast paced work environment

Productive and fast paced work environment; Excellent workplace to learn and develop skills; Ability to complete tasks with or without direct supervision; Overall excellent employer

Treat you like sh@t!!!

Thyre horrible!! They talk to you like a dog and whistle to get your attention. The job sucks, you stand there all day and push a button... Management either fires the good supervisors or wears them out to the point of quiting on thier own. Dont even bother.....Thats my opinion. Every employee looks absolutely miserable 24/7.

Pros

Nothin

Cons

Will not pay you for your work!

I worked there for 5 days. I was told my pay would be sent through email, and I have yet to see a penny from this company. This speaks volumes to me. I would never support or purchase products from an employer that doesn't pay it's employees. Tomorrow is Christmas eve to add more stress to this whole situation. Now I am wasting my time trying to contact someone regarding my pay I am owed, when I could be looking for gainful employment with an honest company. This is ridiculous! To say the least. Horrible company. Stay away

Pros

Cons

High turn over rate and won't pay you for your time

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kromet International. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.6 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement