Kriska Holdings Limited Employee Reviews

Great Place to work
Commercial Long Haul Driver (Current Employee) –  Prescott, ON19 July 2019
Kriska puts Safety first and makes us all feel that we are part of the team.
Pros
Newer well maintained equipment
Good company - not great management
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Prescott, ON9 June 2019
Not much chance of advancement and little or no recognition when you've exceeded expectations. Wages are generally not great unless you are a member of management.
Outstanding Training and support
Commercial Vehicle Operator (Former Employee) –  Prescott, ON4 January 2019
Great Management. Genuine concerned for Operators Safety and well being. They have an outstanding Training and support system in place. The culture and management Team is always positive and supportive.
Good place for new drivers to learn but then get out.
OTR Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON29 November 2018
Nickle and dime the employees. Management doesn't care about the staff (drivers). Total disconnect between management and drivers. Preschool mentality in the safety department. They beat their chests about their safety record...well drivers want miles as well as that and you wont get them here.
Management is more concerned with appearing to be a MAJOR player in the industry then actually getting loads for drivers.
Pros
Cons
Management. Ego. Safety needs to their head out of their rear.
They have a tv in the drivers lounge!
AZ Driver (Former Employee) –  Prescott, ON13 November 2018
Kriska is a good place to work. Or at least it was when I was there many years ago. You didn't have to share trucks with anyone at the time. If you like a lot of cross border driving, then you'll like this place.
Best management
Long Haul Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON16 May 2018
It one of the best companies to work for as a company driver or owner operator. The management and staff very friendly and helpful. Safety departments is awesome. Dispatch is friendly no pushing.
Pros
Friendly dispatch
Cons
Nothing.
Short runs wait till tomorrow to get unloaded
Driver, OTR, Long Haul, International (Former Employee) –  Prescott, ON27 February 2018
Not very good pay, many runs under 400 miles, lots of waiting, they will forget about you unless you pester them, they have an ego problem, safety first
Good place to get your foot in the door
Office Staff (Former Employee) –  Office21 February 2018
Nice atmosphere. People are super friendly and helpful. Great software and advanced programs. Amazing place to work besides the pay. If you are not concerned about career advancement this is a decent job.
Pros
Free tea coffee snacks clean environment strong focus on safety
Cons
Pay
driving
AZ Driver (Current Employee) –  prescott,on25 January 2018
Great company to work for,definitely recommend to any new or experience driver that enjoy being on the road. They do not offer dedicated routes but make every effort to get you home for days off rotation that you choose. A very busy and secure company that has no problem giving you miles if you want them.
Great equipment
Transport truck driver (Current Employee) –  Sarnia, ON29 November 2017
Pick up load and deliver it
Never trust any company management
Workplace is comfortable
The hardest part of this job was driving in winter
The most enjoyable part was going from point a to point b dedicated work I loved it
Pros
Cons
To many to list
Nice working experience with Kriska.
Document Imaging Specialist - Canadian Experience (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON26 October 2017
Working with Kriska was a very wonderful experience. I learned a lot about the trucking industry and got very facinated by it. Gained knowledge of the documents used and their importance in the entire supply chain process.

Did internal audits and prepared reports on other departments like Logistics, Dispatch, Safety and Recruitment for compliance which helped me in expanding my knowledge of other departments also.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Did same type of work for all these years.
nice equiupment
Tractor trailer operator (Current Employee) –  Prescott, ON15 June 2017
good support, up to date tech. they have their own shop. two terminals and multiple drop yards. safety is paramount. close to 401 and border crossings and fair pay
Pros
team enviroment
Cons
home life balance
It was nice working with Kriska Holdings Ltd.
Document Imaging Clerk (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON26 September 2016
It was a good experience working with Kriska Holdings Ltd. for nine years. The atmosphere is friendly and management is awesome !!
As new driver great place to start at.
truck driver (Former Employee) –  Mississauga on31 July 2015
started driving for them right out of driving school great company to start off with. They pretty much taught me how to driver truck. Their trainers have good understanding on how to operate the truck in tight situations and how to back up. I learned quite a bit from them. Their trucks come nicely equipped with the apu and refrigerators so makes life on the road a bit more easier. Another plus with working for kriska at the time was that they only expected me to run 5 days a week and if u live close to their mississuga yard you had the potential to be home for a 10 hr break pretty much every other day. running for that amount of time i was not making too much and kriska pays on mileage based. From my experience kriska does not offer too many long trips and that was one of the reasons I left as well I wanted to further my trucking career and I could not see that happening at kriska. Overall I would say great place for rookies to get their foot into the door and if your a seasoned veteran and looking to spend time with family it's great place, but if your mind is on making money and getting further in your trucking career I would definitely look for something else.
Fun place to work at Kriska
Driver Service Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Mississauga,ON14 June 2015
Family oriented company and great culture. if you are hard working person and you wan to grow Kriska is the best company to work for.
Execlent place to work
Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Prescott, ON25 February 2015
Work load is balanced, some days worse than others; this comes with the position. All my work experience has been acquired from this company. Co-workers are all friendly.

My only negative is the slow decision making. Middle management never arrives at any conclusion fast.
I'm new to trucking...
Driver (Current Employee) –  Prescott, ON17 October 2014
As a company overall Kriska shows to me that they are employee focused and safety oriented. They provide clothing, on going training and around the clock driver support. Although being new to the industry this review is biased in that this is my only exposure. Being the only paycheck in the house I find myself being away from home for 6 days a week and home long enough to reset. Sometimes resetting on the road in order to make a sufficient pay.
Pros
Clothing, support, willingness to listen to ideas and paitence with new drivers.
Cons
From what I understand this is an industry complaint...low wages.
Regional Sales Manager - Eastern Canada
Regional Sales Manager - Eastern Canada (Former Employee) –  Prescott, ON14 January 2014
At Kriska, I was responsible for overseeing sales and development as well as account management for Eastern Canada. Kriska provides truckload services to the United States and has been doing so for over 35 years. As RSM for Kriska, my main focus was to ensure profitability for business in my region.
Pros
Strong administrative support
Cons
Position eliminated as company has chosen to focus on Toronto market and no longer in Montreal
I would recommend this company
AZ Long Haul Driver (Former Employee) –  Prescott, ON24 October 2012
Many people have bad things to say about Kriska. They bent over backwards for me. I got my training through them. Always had work. Pretty competitive wage, and great benefits. If I needed to be home for something it was never a problem. Every company in the trucking industry screws you somehow. Kriska treated me the best out of a quite a few.
Pros
flexible and steady
Cons
don't expect too many rewards for doing favors
it's a job
Transport Driver (Current Employee) –  Sarnia, ON31 August 2012
it's an ok company,but you can't really get ahead here. i drive truck, my co-workers are pretty good.the hardest part of the job is my paycheck( don't make very much)

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kriska Holdings Limited. Our community is ready to answer.

Kriska Holdings Limited Reviews by Location