Kriska Holdings Limited

Kriska Holdings Limited Employee Reviews

Canada25 reviews
There are a lot of underhanded outfits out there. That isn't Kriska. They are fair, have a family atmosphere (some family does work there) and they try really hard to be the best in the industry and stay ahead of thre competition in every way. The equipment is all new and well maintained. They just try hard.
Pros
Environment
Cons
Miles at times
Good place to work. Great training first 4 weeks. Good equipment. Good routes. Learned a lot from trainers. Management 2nd or 3rd generation owner, clueless and arrogant, but line managers great
Culture is good, clean work and no accidents = good time.

Hardest part of job was dispatch to same routes all the time, but lots like that.
Kriska is my first company straight from the school. There new driver program was good and the trainers was helpful. No force dispatch and Drivers seems happy the way kriska treat them cuz you will see bunch of seniors/old drivers in the company.
dispatching drivers
speaking with drivers

discussing plans with supervisors

operating TMW program

answering telephones

using spreadsheets

excellent people to work with
long hours to work. its good if you are single. The yard is located in Mississauga. most dispatchers are nice except the Mississauga location. the worst thing is maintenance. If there's something wrong with your truck, takes forever to fix
Pros
its free but full of challenge
Cons
long hours and all on your own when you out of town
Kriska puts Safety first and makes us all feel that we are part of the team.
Pros
Newer well maintained equipment
Not much chance of advancement and little or no recognition when you've exceeded expectations. Wages are generally not great unless you are a member of management.
Great Management. Genuine concerned for Operators Safety and well being. They have an outstanding Training and support system in place. The culture and management Team is always positive and supportive.
Nickle and dime the employees. Management doesn't care about the staff (drivers). Total disconnect between management and drivers. Preschool mentality in the safety department. They beat their chests about their safety record...well drivers want miles as well as that and you wont get them here.
Management is more concerned with appearing to be a MAJOR player in the industry then actually getting loads for drivers.
Pros
Cons
Management. Ego. Safety needs to their head out of their rear.
Kriska is a good place to work. Or at least it was when I was there many years ago. You didn't have to share trucks with anyone at the time. If you like a lot of cross border driving, then you'll like this place.
It one of the best companies to work for as a company driver or owner operator. The management and staff very friendly and helpful. Safety departments is awesome. Dispatch is friendly no pushing.
Pros
Friendly dispatch
Cons
Nothing.
Not very good pay, many runs under 400 miles, lots of waiting, they will forget about you unless you pester them, they have an ego problem, safety first
Nice atmosphere. People are super friendly and helpful. Great software and advanced programs. Amazing place to work besides the pay. If you are not concerned about career advancement this is a decent job.
Pros
Free tea coffee snacks clean environment strong focus on safety
Cons
Pay
Great company to work for,definitely recommend to any new or experience driver that enjoy being on the road. They do not offer dedicated routes but make every effort to get you home for days off rotation that you choose. A very busy and secure company that has no problem giving you miles if you want them.
Pick up load and deliver it
Never trust any company management

Workplace is comfortable

The hardest part of this job was driving in winter

The most enjoyable part was going from point a to point b dedicated work I loved it
Pros
Cons
To many to list
Working with Kriska was a very wonderful experience. I learned a lot about the trucking industry and got very facinated by it. Gained knowledge of the documents used and their importance in the entire supply chain process.

Did internal audits and prepared reports on other departments like Logistics, Dispatch, Safety and Recruitment for compliance which helped me in expanding my knowledge of other departments also.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Did same type of work for all these years.
good support, up to date tech. they have their own shop. two terminals and multiple drop yards. safety is paramount. close to 401 and border crossings and fair pay
Pros
team enviroment
Cons
home life balance
It was a good experience working with Kriska Holdings Ltd. for nine years. The atmosphere is friendly and management is awesome !!
started driving for them right out of driving school great company to start off with. They pretty much taught me how to driver truck. Their trainers have good understanding on how to operate the truck in tight situations and how to back up. I learned quite a bit from them. Their trucks come nicely equipped with the apu and refrigerators so makes life on the road a bit more easier. Another plus with working for kriska at the time was that they only expected me to run 5 days a week and if u live close to their mississuga yard you had the potential to be home for a 10 hr break pretty much every other day. running for that amount of time i was not making too much and kriska pays on mileage based. From my experience kriska does not offer too many long trips and that was one of the reasons I left as well I wanted to further my trucking career and I could not see that happening at kriska. Overall I would say great place for rookies to get their foot into the door and if your a seasoned veteran and looking to spend time with family it's great place, but if your mind is on making money and getting further in your trucking career I would definitely look for something else.
Family oriented company and great culture. if you are hard working person and you wan to grow Kriska is the best company to work for.
Work load is balanced, some days worse than others; this comes with the position. All my work experience has been acquired from this company. Co-workers are all friendly.

My only negative is the slow decision making. Middle management never arrives at any conclusion fast.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kriska Holdings Limited. Our community is ready to answer.
Kriska Holdings Limited Reviews by Location