Kraft Heinz Company Management reviews

Found 41 reviews matching the search See all 3,481 reviews
Hmmm
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Canada22 March 2019
Heinz merger was disastrous
Poor execution with a flawed design.
Don't really care about the people.
Upper management only goal focus not people focus.
Pros
no real benefits
Cons
so many, too numerous
Used to be good
Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 May 2018
The change in management has led to the downfall of this company. They keep preaching meritocracy but never follow through. Merit is based off of whether your manager likes you or not. Everything else they tell you is lies so don’t believe it. They try to have these “social” gatherings to make up for everything but it doesn’t work. Everyone is still bitter. They need to understand that a CANADIAN needs to manage the largest team in the organization and provide you with good relevant feedback during a performance review. Not a place I would want to work.
Pros
Cons
Meritocracy (practice what you preach), no work life balance
Company of yes men
General Labourer (Current Employee) –  Ingleside, ON17 August 2017
As long as you agree with everything management says or does and don't point out anything that their favorite people may be doing wrong your life is easy! Independent thinkers need not apply.
Pros
wage, company store
Cons
mainly contract workers
Union mentality undermined teamwork
Forklift Operator/Packing Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Leamington, ON11 May 2017
This was the best paycheck and benefits package I have experienced to date.

But I hated every day on the job. When the paycheck is the only motivator, a job can only be a drudge.

Promotions were only available by seniority. One had to wait years to have any opportunity for advancement.

Managements attitude was clearly shaped by its inability to get the best out workers. Union protection made for minimum effort far too often, and management didn't want to be there any more than the rest of us.

The Leamington facility, of H.J. Heinz Ltd, closing was the best thing that could have happened to me professionally.
Pros
Excellent pay & benefits
Cons
Boredom
Long days and micro management of all aspects of the job.
Sales & Operations Planner (Former Employee) –  Don Mills, ON5 May 2017
Days last 12 -14 hours
Training is minimal
Morale is low
Culture does not allow for work/life balance.
Top down style of senior management.
All wage increases based on bonus/MBO achievement.
Pros
Company store
Cons
Long Hours
Chaotic and unorganized
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Leamington, ON2 May 2017
Unorganized and chaotic place to work. Many aspects unsafe and full of negativity and workplace gossip. Wages were good, yet they did not adhere to standards of practice.
Meh
Help Desk Technician (Former Employee) –  Leamington, ON20 March 2017
Didn't really care for this job
I found it frustrating to work here
Management didn't seam to care about its employees. There didn't seam to be much if any room from growth
Fridays fun days at work
Business Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 February 2017
Fridays are usually very fun day at work, casual dressing and luncheon and no meeting!! During the normal days very easy going friendly working environment especially management was very caring
Challenging and rew
Senior Scientist (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 February 2017
Great coworkers and challenging work that motivates to get out of the bed.
Fair management, everyday there is something to lean.
Very unstable since merger
Manager (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC7 January 2017
Looking to flush experience and higher salaries with new young inexperience recruits. Not an optimal way to increase profits. No consistency with direction process or strategies, it change on a daily basis. No proper recognition. extremely poor planning with regards to project management. Change management is no existant
Pros
Brand Recognition- strong reputation, good place to gain credibility
Cons
too demanding on employes, unrealistic comitment requirements ---way too many hours with no plans for improvemnt
Overall I would say it was a nice place to work.
Production Operator (Former Employee) –  St. Marys, ON18 December 2016
At times it wasn't the easiest to work there but I am sure that most places are run the same way. I only meant that quite often materials and/or ingredients would run short of a typical product run. We would have to "brite pack" the product into other boxes until the proper boxes were delivered. The same thing would happen when we would run short of ingredients to run a certain product so that run would either be postponed until all ingredients were accounted for or the run would have to be cut short until proper supplies were available. All in all the atmosphere there was upbeat. I did enjoy my job as a machine operator. My co-workers were friendly and easy to talk to and get along with. Management was very friendly, courteous, easy to talk to and they listened to our concerns and when they could they tried to make things easier for us.
Pros
Annual Christmas parties, treats throughout the year, and quarterly bonuses.
Cons
Rework, very, very hot working in certain sections of the production area.
Productive, Dynamic
Assoc Mgr, IT - Projects, COE (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 September 2016
Worked on many Project Implementation, Migration and Support Role as Center of Excellence at KraftHenz.Worked on project management, systems migrations, mergers, acquisitions, design and support for the Financial, Controlling and Reporting applications. These projects were highly important for the company. .
Pros
many projects to complete in parallel
Cons
Great Learning Experiemce
Friendly work environment with good balance between autonomy and direction
R&D Product Development Intern (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC14 September 2016
Colleagues were very friendly and open, enabling me to integrate very quickly into the Kraft culture. This was a very enjoyable part of the job. Management was flexible enough in giving me autonomy to make decisions and act on them, but also provided adequate direction to allow me to make the right decisions.

Attending and leading meetings helped strengthen communication skills immensely and aided in staying up to date with other projects and departments.
Pros
Flexible hours, friendly work environment
Cons
Some irregular hours required (late night/early morning)
Dictative work enviorment
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Leamington, ON16 March 2016
This company has an ill regard for its workers, it continually moves its workers from one shift to another which places undue health risks upon all
Pros
Money was good
Cons
continual miss use of shifts and ill equipment management skills
N/a
Operations Finance Intern (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 November 2015
Fun work place with supportive management. Not all about the numbers but how you personally grow and develop. Decent amount of red tape and politics, but this is expected of a big company.
Great place to work before it closed
Cook/weigh up (Former Employee) –  Leamington, ON20 October 2015
Heinz was a good place to work, management was attentive and listened to our concerns. My co-workers were mostly good people whom i got along with. The hardest part of the job was the weird hours, sometimes i would work all three shifts in one week. The most enjoyable part was the easy going environment and interacting with my co-workers.
Pros
Easy going work environment, good people
Cons
Unstable work hours/shifts
Productive and fun place to work
Supply Chain Analyst (Former Employee) –  Oakville, On14 July 2015
well organized and managed workplace.
Learned about lean manufacturing
Team atmosphere
Clear direction from upper management
Great working environment
Green Bean Dumper (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON29 September 2014
good pay and benefits along with a great work team.

Good management and organization from Kraft
Highly structured corporate environment
Purchasing Agent (Former Employee) –  Montreal, Quebec20 July 2014
As Purchasing Agent, I was responsible for the purchasing of a portfolio of items require by the company, including highly volatile commodities. Management was ultra-conservative and highly political. I learned much about dealing with commodities like sweeteners that are traded on Futures Markets. I worked with highly qualified colleagues in a pressure-filled environment. The hardest thing to deal with was the politics and the most enjoyable was formulating strategies to save the company money.
Pros
Stable company
Cons
Higly structured.
Not bad once you get used to it.
Quality Control/Assistant Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON13 June 2014
Long, 12-hour, continental shifts do feel like they take up most of your life but it's not a hard job and there's usually enough to do to pass the time fairly quick. Management were always very understanding and kind but the managers for Kelly Services (the temp agency I went through) weren't always coordinated. Easy but repetitive job and not nearly as bad as it first seems.
Pros
Paid breaks, accommodating management
Cons
Long hours, continental shifts, tiring work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kraft Heinz Company. Our community is ready to answer.

51.1K