KPMG Employee Reviews for Administrative Assistant

Administrative Assistant17 reviews
Canada17 reviews
fun work place , good work life balance I worked with an amazing bunch of people who I truly miss sadly being laid off due to covid 19 hope to be back.
KPMG has great work life balance. Their new corporate role structure helps assign roles to the right people for the job. It also helps take the role that suits your career , personality and future plan. There is lots of room to grow within the organization. It is one of the best big 4 in terms of work life balance and culture.

Benefits kick in from the first day itself. The Partners and Managers are very approachable and respectful. They give you the leverage to grow as well.
Pros
Benefits from day 1, good work life balance
Cons
Haven't found anything yet
Sr. management seek, advise from vindictive administrative staff and penalize employees based on fault accusation. Favouritism with staff...discrimination?
I can only speak from an admin and reception perspective, as I've had both jobs at KPMG. Be ready to be taken for granted at every turn. Usually the Partners you work with are great and you can build a great relationship with your team. However, head admins and admin management says they are on your side but never are. They will not fight for you. They will not give you fair living raises or wages. They will throw a ton of parties instead. That's where your living wage goes. Not to mention support staff gets zero thank yous ever. Unless you count a generic card on Admin Day.
Pros
Good work/life balance
Cons
Poor management and atrocious wages
Good international name, great people to work with. But, Promotion criteria are not clear and poor work/life balance. The management team is helpful.
The firm is full of great people that are fun to work with. My experience with the firm has been great for the most part. I have found though that being in an administrative role working with executive partners within the firm, you tend to be treated a bit more poorly than other positions working with client work. It isn't often recognized just how much you have to do to accomplish some of the things being asked of you, or perhaps if you go above and beyond in your role, which doesnt sit well when you aren't really being paid competitively to other positions similar to yours.
Pros
Flexible hours and benefits
Cons
low salaries
It was a good run working as an admin assistant with the advisory KPMG practice, it has its rewards (good people) and challenges (mgmt.). It is a busy and deadline-oriented work environment, with many oportunities for learning new skills. I have made many friends but I moved on to another company for better compensation. The compensation is not on par with other Big 4.
The most challenging part of the job is the outdated performance management for employees and the support structure. When we don’t know something, the expectation is that we have to learn it, regardless of education. I would hate to see an admin help responsible for a financial decision they are not necessarily trained for or compensated appropriately to do.
Pros
Free lunches, social, people
Cons
What is the true value of the admin to the organization
I worked during the tax season. It was busy, but the help of my colleagues and managers, I was able to learn fast and continuously improve my work and learned to work well under pressure and with great detail and accuracy.
KPMG paved the path of my entire career. They hired me right out of university with zero office skills and kept taking chances on me as the years went on. I can't say enough great things about the company. The ONLY reason I left was due to location....I would have still been there today if I lived closer.
Pros
Great people, team events, leadership, opportunities
Cons
Distance from home
Loved working for this company, wish it was a permanent job! Excellent team I worked with and we worked togetheron multiple projects assigned and we completed them in a timely, efficient and professional manner.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Compulsatory overtime occassionally
I was a temp and treated like one. Paid very little per hour and only given 25 hours per week. Bosses worked remotely so it was very lonely for me. Ultimately, I was glad to leave the contract.
Pros
Quiet, Professional
Cons
Very Aggressive Managers.
Fantastic work life balance. Engaging colleagues. Interesting work. Great building. I have only great things to say about KPMG!
I continue to learn new skills in Caseware. I have made a number of friends and I don't believe I have ever had a relationship where you don't feel left out or are not part of a team. When I first joined there was only myself and my manager. We now have 6 people plus our manager. A typical day is checking the web to see what work needs done, putting our name to a submission and doing the work on the Reporting Control Sheet. All first drafts and final submissions are reviewed by our manager. All finals are proofed by us and added and cross-added for consistency. My co-workers and I share ideas to ensure all work is being done accordingly. The hardest part of my job is during corporate tax season, making sure all E-Files are done by June 30th, as well as all statements and letters are done and sent to client service staff. I enjoy being surrounded by such diverse people.
Pros
Great health and wellness plan, free tickets to hockey, soccer and football games
Cons
No ability to grow with this position
KPMG is a great place to work. It encourages work and life balance and positive feedback in order to help you grow in your career.

I enjoyed being an Team Administrative Assistant as it allowed me to talk to other teams on other floors and in different departments and to learn new skills and develop my experience as an Administrative Assistant.
The job was really interesting in the sense I would work within a team of people from different level. I had to prioritise my work and be able to work under pressure.
The hardest part of the job was working during the Tax season which required a lot of work and overtime. I had to provide service excellence for not only poeple I worked for but also the Clients.

It was a very interesting job because I was able to work with different departments and people. Tasks varied from simple letter writting to proof reading documents, presentations, organise travel, have total responsibilities on people whereabouts and calendar.

Over all a very enjoyable job and company to work for.
Pros
Very good benefits
Cons
Worked long hours at time
KPMG was a great job. A large corporate employer with excellent benefits. I have moved from Toronto to Lindsay and I now want part-time work 15-20 hours per week.
Pros
Working as an admin assistannt with KPMG has its rewards and challenges. It is a busy and deadline-oriented work environment, with many oportunities for learning new skills. The best part about the company is the people. I have many friends at KPMG and enjoy working with my co-workers and the group I support. The most challenging part of the job is the introduction of new computer computer systems and programs on a regular basis. We are constantly in a learning curve with new systems and that can make it challenging to gain any work momentum.
Pros
good people, good benefits
Cons
contstant technological upgrades/changes.