KPMG Employee Reviews in Mountain View, CA

You’re seeing reviews in Mountain View, CA based on your current location
Not your desired location?
Choose a different one
You’re going to work a lot but having KPMG on your resume will set you for life in the world of corporate accounting. You have to travel to various clients so it’s rare you’re working from the main office.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
I enjoyed the time I spent at KPMG/Bearing Point. It was challenging and interesting. Most of the people were good folks. The last boss I had was a bit flaky but we just really never understood one another.
Overall it is a good firm to work for. Very smart people and a very good place to develop a career. They do seem to have a small man syndrome compared to the other Big 4 though
Overall great place to work for a self motivated individual. One has to manage their own career growth as it is easy to get lost in a matrixed organization. I gained so much experience working for the company as I was able to work across a variety of industries and was exposed to a large variety of fortune 500 companies.
I have always been able to manage a work life balance with a 21 hour per week schedule. I love being a administrative assistant. I enjoy collaborating with the owners of the firm.
Great way to start a career in finance and accounting. Bad hours, bad health, not competitive pay. Great team, ok management. Good education and investment in skills.
Pros
Experience
Cons
Hours
Want to jumpstart your career? Pick a Big 4 firm. KPMG is one of them and it is doing well, along with the three others. KPMG was a little slow to paperless audits, but I think that is in the past now.
The executive was 40k in the rears on his corporate credit card and the floating admin could not get his travel plans correct either. I was brought in to take care of expense report and was kept on. Executive would have liked me to stay on but his assistant was on a short term leave of absense
Pros
demanding work, but respected
Cons
unable to keep the assignment
My position allowed me to grow and take initiative as much as I could handle. I mentored others in new software. I thoroughly enjoyed my responsibilitis for numerous company functions and fundraising events.
Pros
Company team building sessions
Cons
Tax time deadlines all year
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at KPMG?
I worked at KPMG for several years and I enjoyed working with the other professionals in the workplace. Their training enabled me to extend my knowledge.
The Company is fascinating, challenging and well rewarded. You’ll be working with clients from some of the world’s biggest companies, and some of the very best professionals too, whom you’ll be mixing with and learning from.
A typical day at work was always fast paced. Constantly working with project teams to help create budget files, forecasting project economics and coordinating invoicing processes. Meetings were held frequently during the week with Partners, Senior Managers and Managers. My coworkers were very supportive yet very demanding. This was my first job in a huge company, therefore I learned so much relating to time management, relationship building, and working with a dynamic group of people. The most enjoyable part of my job was the traveling advantages. I attended training classes in other cities as well as having quarterly meetings in Seattle and Los Angeles. The hardest part of the job was learning how to prioritize since the work load was fairly heavy; it constituted a lot of overtime.
Pros
traveling and leadership support
Cons
some partners and leadership had unreasonable time lines.
Good place to gain work experience. Company is strong only in financial auditing.
  1. Mountain View, CA