KPMG Employee Reviews

Productive and a good place to work
Mail Clerk/Administrative Support (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB9 April 2018
It is a diverse company which fosters growth within its employees where they can develop leadership and management skills. They provide good compensation.
Excellent work culture
Director- Finance (Current Employee) –  KW8 April 2018
Excellent work culture and good prospects to grow in the firm. Good work like balance. Overall good benefits for staff. Good place to join and gain excellent technical knowledge
Given so many opportunities
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC27 March 2018
KPMG paved the path of my entire career. They hired me right out of university with zero office skills and kept taking chances on me as the years went on. I can't say enough great things about the company. The ONLY reason I left was due to location....I would have still been there today if I lived closer.
Pros
Great people, team events, leadership, opportunities
Cons
Distance from home
Good place to learn
Summer Intern - Audit, Tax & Enterprise (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB17 March 2018
Spent a summer internship working in their audit department. Was a good place to learn and gain foundational skills needed in business. I enjoyed working with lots of different teams.
Great company and fantastic internal work ethics.
Risk Consultant Intern (Former Employee) –  Dublin16 March 2018
Within my time as a Risk Consultant in KPMG, I was giving the chance to work upon both risk and management consultancy projects. This gave me a great insight into the various ways clientele and their associated issues are approached given the various departmental differences.
Pros
Strong community spirit
Valuable Learning Environment
Senior Accountant (Current Employee) –  Prince George, BC12 March 2018
A very good place to start your accounting career - there are continual opportunities to learn and grow, and several directions to take your career path on going forward. There are many people offering to mentor and help your growth and learning on the way as well, and continual ways to improve your skill set and knowledge base.
Pros
Great benefits, many opportunities to learn
Cons
Very long hours for a large part of the year due to the nature of the industry
Great company
Consultant at Leitch (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 March 2018
Had a great manager, and I was given complete freedom to be extremely productive.

This was an Oracle EBS implementation project and I was a sub-contractor to KPMG
KPMG Summary
Staff Accountant (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB12 March 2018
The role of a public accounting is pretty well known and summarized in many other sources. The expectation is to work significant hours, and at the staff level, the pay does not nearly compensate for the hours worked.

The training and knowledge that you learn on the job is the biggest plus, however the work is incredibly mundane and very granulated. The expectation on jobs is to put in as many hours as possible as you are required to meet deadlines that Managers and Partners have set for you.

Public accounting is very polarizing, as some people seem to very much enjoy the work, whereas it is the complete opposite for most people.
Fun and helpful people.
Intern (Former Employee) –  Capital Territory12 March 2018
My work mostly required research and analysis. I worked closely with a Junior partner in the financial advisory department. I enjoyed learning from him. The workplace culture was rigid and hierarchical, However, the junior employees were very helpful.
Completely out-of-date old boys' club culture, with highly egotistical partners.
National Director of Marketing & Communications (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 March 2018
Management culture is that of an old boys' club, stuck in an era from three decades ago - client dinners, breakfast speaking seminars, and zero follow-up with their clients after the event; no targeted follow-up for business development. Instead, clients receive a thank you email with the presentation available to download. Why is there no targeted or customized follow-up with clients? Because the partners are too busy and they expect or hope that a client will pick up the phone and call. And since the partners essentially own the organization (versus a publicly traded company), they are not willing to invest the budget to fund the technology and (human) resources to enable current marketing capabilities. Furthermore, they do not understand or agree with the importance of social media and other digital channels as a means of raising their profile through relevant content and dialogue. Leadership is completely out of touch with how millennials think and connect with others. Sadly, they are not preparing themselves for their next generation of partners and senior leadership.
Opportunities to grow
Assembly Manager (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON22 February 2018
As a temporary employee and student, I was given multiple opportunities for advancement. There was great flexibility in hours, shifts as well as job assignment. It was at KPMG that I was able to develop and enhance my administrative skills.
Very balanced work and good experience and a recognized brand name.
Senior Accountant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 February 2018
I enjoyed working for KPMG for eight years. Good benefit package and a recognized brand name. Detailed training programs and friendly atmosphere. If out of town traveling could be reduced, it would have been an ideal job.
Pros
Good Training
Cons
Out of town travelling
good experience
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Kothamangalam27 January 2018
Helps to Improve my skills in language. While working there , my co-workers help me to overcome different problems faced during working.the Working environment was really nice.
good work place
Staff Accountant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 January 2018
I was able to interact with clients regarding their operations, structures and financial reporting controls. In terms of technology, I used software such as workflow management software.
Cons
Challenging and exciting place to work with lots of growth opportunities
Manager (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC11 January 2018
I am a consultant and also an auditor. Every day is different and you work on multiple projects at once. Staff are friendly and dedicated to completing all the work before deadline. Lots of growth opportunities.
This was a consulting position which gave me a different perspective of a working environment
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 December 2017
When Curragh Inc. filed for bankruptcy, I was approached by KPMG who had been appointed as trustees, to handle the disposition of the Curragh assets on behalf of the secured creditors. This prove to be a gratifying experience for me.
Productive and fun place to work; professional setting
Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 December 2017
On a typical day it is a productive and fun place to work with a very professional setting.

I learned how to be an effective and efficient employee.

Management is always available for assistance.

Hardest part of the job is dealing with volume, which can be overcome with prioritizing and finding efficiencies in processes.
Positive and Professional
Vice President (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 November 2017
KPMG will give you an opportunity to learn and grow. There will be long hours and challenging assignments but overall, I look back at my time with the Firm in a positive light.
Pros
Flexibility and education
Cons
long hours, mixed messages/expectations from different leaders
Every day had challenges that were manageable and exciting
Project Team Support/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 November 2017
Loved working for this company, wish it was a permanent job! Excellent team I worked with and we worked togetheron multiple projects assigned and we completed them in a timely, efficient and professional manner.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Compulsatory overtime occassionally
Great training and opportunity for advancement
Staff Accountant, Enterprise (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC17 November 2017
The company invests a lot in their staff and have created a culture of openness by empowering the staff to reward one another. The company accommodated those still in school and has beautiful facilities for the staff and meeting rooms for discussions with clients.
Pros
Reputation
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at KPMG. Our community is ready to answer.

51.5K