KPMG Employee Reviews

Fun working office
Placement Student (Former Employee) –  County Dublin12 June 2018
Kpmg is a fun hard working place. The company looks after its staff and helps them reach their goals. Everyone who works there is really friendly and welcoming.
Great company
Supervisor, Office Services (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 June 2018
I loved the work and the people I worked with. I was new to facilities management when I started and hit the ground running with a refresh of 3 floors and no swing space. It was a great learning experience and I am proud that the office services team was running like clockwork when I left because the office was closing.
Pros
Great company culture
Cons
Location where I worked was shut down.
great company to work for in some areas
Senior Manager, PMO (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 June 2018
Great company from a culture and people perspective. Salary and benefits could be better. Executive leadership is great, but middle management needs serious training.
Pros
great culture and life-work balance
Cons
no opportunities for advancement, no real career path
fun place
Summer Intern (Former Employee) –  Delhi16 May 2018
i worked with two teams in KPMG and working was fun, people are friendly and good work life balance, hikes are good and in a way its a reputable company to work for
Pros
food subsidy
Great place for advancement
Senior Staff Accountant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 May 2018
KPMG is a great place to work for. Everyone is very smart and talented and professional. There is some stress when working on multiple engagements when you are the team lead. Not a lot of supervision and high performance deliverables are expected.
Kpmg llp
Manager, Audit (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 May 2018
Professional environment, a lot of good training and learning. Good advancement opportunities and global transfer and travel available as well. Overall, a great experience.
Friendly environment to work for
Office Administrative (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON26 April 2018
KPMG is a great place to work for. Everyone was so friendly and welcoming me as volunteer employee. There is no stress when working in that place. Because there is not alot of supervision. Everyone knows what they are responsible of.
Pros
Free snacks all day
Excellent workplace, great Managers and clients
Administrative Assistant - Audit (Former Employee) –  Kanata, ON23 April 2018
I worked during the tax season. It was busy, but the help of my colleagues and managers, I was able to learn fast and continuously improve my work and learned to work well under pressure and with great detail and accuracy.
Big company
Senior Associate (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC9 April 2018
This is a great place to work if you like working for very large companies. The culture is okay. Young workforce. Your experience depends on what team you are on.
Productive and a good place to work
Mail Clerk/Administrative Support (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB9 April 2018
It is a diverse company which fosters growth within its employees where they can develop leadership and management skills. They provide good compensation.
Excellent work culture
Director- Finance (Current Employee) –  KW8 April 2018
Excellent work culture and good prospects to grow in the firm. Good work like balance. Overall good benefits for staff. Good place to join and gain excellent technical knowledge
Given so many opportunities
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC27 March 2018
KPMG paved the path of my entire career. They hired me right out of university with zero office skills and kept taking chances on me as the years went on. I can't say enough great things about the company. The ONLY reason I left was due to location....I would have still been there today if I lived closer.
Pros
Great people, team events, leadership, opportunities
Cons
Distance from home
Good place to learn
Summer Intern - Audit, Tax & Enterprise (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB17 March 2018
Spent a summer internship working in their audit department. Was a good place to learn and gain foundational skills needed in business. I enjoyed working with lots of different teams.
Great company and fantastic internal work ethics.
Risk Consultant Intern (Former Employee) –  Dublin16 March 2018
Within my time as a Risk Consultant in KPMG, I was giving the chance to work upon both risk and management consultancy projects. This gave me a great insight into the various ways clientele and their associated issues are approached given the various departmental differences.
Pros
Strong community spirit
Valuable Learning Environment
Senior Accountant (Current Employee) –  Prince George, BC12 March 2018
A very good place to start your accounting career - there are continual opportunities to learn and grow, and several directions to take your career path on going forward. There are many people offering to mentor and help your growth and learning on the way as well, and continual ways to improve your skill set and knowledge base.
Pros
Great benefits, many opportunities to learn
Cons
Very long hours for a large part of the year due to the nature of the industry
Great company
Consultant at Leitch (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 March 2018
Had a great manager, and I was given complete freedom to be extremely productive.

This was an Oracle EBS implementation project and I was a sub-contractor to KPMG
KPMG Summary
Staff Accountant (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB12 March 2018
The role of a public accounting is pretty well known and summarized in many other sources. The expectation is to work significant hours, and at the staff level, the pay does not nearly compensate for the hours worked.

The training and knowledge that you learn on the job is the biggest plus, however the work is incredibly mundane and very granulated. The expectation on jobs is to put in as many hours as possible as you are required to meet deadlines that Managers and Partners have set for you.

Public accounting is very polarizing, as some people seem to very much enjoy the work, whereas it is the complete opposite for most people.
Fun and helpful people.
Intern (Former Employee) –  Capital Territory12 March 2018
My work mostly required research and analysis. I worked closely with a Junior partner in the financial advisory department. I enjoyed learning from him. The workplace culture was rigid and hierarchical, However, the junior employees were very helpful.
Completely out-of-date old boys' club culture, with highly egotistical partners.
National Director of Marketing & Communications (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 March 2018
Management culture is that of an old boys' club, stuck in an era from three decades ago - client dinners, breakfast speaking seminars, and zero follow-up with their clients after the event; no targeted follow-up for business development. Instead, clients receive a thank you email with the presentation available to download. Why is there no targeted or customized follow-up with clients? Because the partners are too busy and they expect or hope that a client will pick up the phone and call. And since the partners essentially own the organization (versus a publicly traded company), they are not willing to invest the budget to fund the technology and (human) resources to enable current marketing capabilities. Furthermore, they do not understand or agree with the importance of social media and other digital channels as a means of raising their profile through relevant content and dialogue. Leadership is completely out of touch with how millennials think and connect with others. Sadly, they are not preparing themselves for their next generation of partners and senior leadership.
Opportunities to grow
Assembly Manager (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON22 February 2018
As a temporary employee and student, I was given multiple opportunities for advancement. There was great flexibility in hours, shifts as well as job assignment. It was at KPMG that I was able to develop and enhance my administrative skills.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at KPMG. Our community is ready to answer.

51.5K