KPMG Employee Reviews

Kpmg
Resource Planner, GTA Audit (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 August 2018
KPMG is a wonderful employer and an incredible place to work. I love working for KPMG. I have worked here for over 5 years. The people here are what make this place so great!
Pros
People
Cons
Pay
good time
Audit Intern (Former Employee) –  Sindh6 August 2018
it gave me opportunities to learn and grow which are very essential in professional life. i also learn team management and client dealing skills along with the work itself.
Pros
growth and learning
Cons
long working hours
Good place to learn
Manager, Management Consulting (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC5 August 2018
Experience will greatly depend on team and direct leadership. Good learning opportunities, often long hours, lots of travel. Focus is on sales and less on people development and retention, but I believe they are trying to improve this. Relationships with direct colleagues (below partner level) are amazing - you will make friends for life.
Pros
Great learning opportunities (different projects); good benefits
Cons
Long hours; high-stress environment; less people-focused
Amazing place to work - work life balance is great
Executive Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 July 2018
work life / balance is great and people in Global are friendly Love the fast track Fridays and the casual days. A great place to work Sometimes it takes time get promoted.
Pros
christmas parties and socials
Cons
no cons
Overly pressurized environment
Marketing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 July 2018
Does not provide a proper work-life balance or ability to advance without playing into politics. Consistently worked overtime without pay. Upper management is incredibly rude, dishonest, and need an attitude adjustment (maybe have a poor sense of self due to stress? Not sure)
Friendly work place
Risk Management Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto18 July 2018
- A really friendly work place, very inclusive
- Very open minded and understanding management
- Managers care for us
- Culture is diversified
- Lots of social events
Great management but poor salary
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB15 July 2018
Great learning environment but poor work life balance. Partners are very knowledgeable. Lots of social events and networking opportunities. Not a lot of say in terms of jobs.
Amazing school of knowledge
External Auditor Manager (Former Employee) –  Distrito Federal3 July 2018
KPMG was an amazing Company. The Company offers a lot of hours in training to prepare you for the job and offers you a career ascension as well. I have learned a lot of thing in accountancy, i have been prepared to solve problems, to negotiate with customers about price, time, quality and so on.
I really enjoy to work in different customer (financial institution, insurance company, factories) and in different places, it means: There is no routine.
One negative point that I saw, It is very hard to conciliate your private life with the job.
Pros
Dynanism and positive environment
Cons
Inadequate number of professional to work with
Job Culture and People
Team Secretary (Former Employee) –  Kuwait30 June 2018
welcomed with a team of 20 professionals who taught me to manage my day at work better with all the knowledge and expertise they had to share with me. A typical day for me would be a very busy one as supporting and tending to the needs of 20 executives is a challenge in itself. I learned risk procedures, world checks and an over all cycle of client assessment followed by KPMG global. The more systematized approach of handling work made me feel so much in control as i love a place that drives by a system.
The work culture was great and most time it was flexible to the employees needs. Everyone worked together. The most challenging part of my job was time management, as everyone was important and everything was urgent, but i managed everyday.The most enjoyable part was making friends like family and having lunch with them and participating in all the fun activities conducted by KPMG.
Overall it was a great experience.
Pros
Discounts at the shops and the restaurants in the tower
Cons
Urgency of everything, Difficult rating system, Last minute deadlines
Admin Assistant
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC22 June 2018
It was a good run working as an admin assistant with the advisory KPMG practice, it has its rewards (good people) and challenges (mgmt.). It is a busy and deadline-oriented work environment, with many oportunities for learning new skills. I have made many friends but I moved on to another company for better compensation. The compensation is not on par with other Big 4.
The most challenging part of the job is the outdated performance management for employees and the support structure. When we don’t know something, the expectation is that we have to learn it, regardless of education. I would hate to see an admin help responsible for a financial decision they are not necessarily trained for or compensated appropriately to do.
Pros
Free lunches, social, people
Cons
What is the true value of the admin to the organization
Fun working office
Placement Student (Former Employee) –  County Dublin12 June 2018
Kpmg is a fun hard working place. The company looks after its staff and helps them reach their goals. Everyone who works there is really friendly and welcoming.
Great company
Supervisor, Office Services (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 June 2018
I loved the work and the people I worked with. I was new to facilities management when I started and hit the ground running with a refresh of 3 floors and no swing space. It was a great learning experience and I am proud that the office services team was running like clockwork when I left because the office was closing.
Pros
Great company culture
Cons
Location where I worked was shut down.
great company to work for in some areas
Senior Manager, PMO (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 June 2018
Great company from a culture and people perspective. Salary and benefits could be better. Executive leadership is great, but middle management needs serious training.
Pros
great culture and life-work balance
Cons
no opportunities for advancement, no real career path
fun place
Summer Intern (Former Employee) –  Delhi16 May 2018
i worked with two teams in KPMG and working was fun, people are friendly and good work life balance, hikes are good and in a way its a reputable company to work for
Pros
food subsidy
Great place for advancement
Senior Staff Accountant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 May 2018
KPMG is a great place to work for. Everyone is very smart and talented and professional. There is some stress when working on multiple engagements when you are the team lead. Not a lot of supervision and high performance deliverables are expected.
Kpmg llp
Manager, Audit (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 May 2018
Professional environment, a lot of good training and learning. Good advancement opportunities and global transfer and travel available as well. Overall, a great experience.
Friendly environment to work for
Office Administrative (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON26 April 2018
KPMG is a great place to work for. Everyone was so friendly and welcoming me as volunteer employee. There is no stress when working in that place. Because there is not alot of supervision. Everyone knows what they are responsible of.
Pros
Free snacks all day
Excellent workplace, great Managers and clients
Administrative Assistant - Audit (Former Employee) –  Kanata, ON23 April 2018
I worked during the tax season. It was busy, but the help of my colleagues and managers, I was able to learn fast and continuously improve my work and learned to work well under pressure and with great detail and accuracy.
Big company
Senior Associate (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC9 April 2018
This is a great place to work if you like working for very large companies. The culture is okay. Young workforce. Your experience depends on what team you are on.
Productive and a good place to work
Mail Clerk/Administrative Support (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB9 April 2018
It is a diverse company which fosters growth within its employees where they can develop leadership and management skills. They provide good compensation.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at KPMG. Our community is ready to answer.

51.6K