KP Building Products

KP Building Products Employee Reviews

Canada27 reviews
It's a good company to work with. Only problem is that they don't give overtime to the employees, so if a person wants to do overtime then he can't do that.
KP Building Production Alexandria -

Great place to work , KP offers good benefits and great pension plan.

The work is challenging but rewarding. Our work team is easy to work with. The environment is quiet most times , but can become hectic during he busy season which should be expected.

The Owners are willing to react quickly to make our industry more competitive in the market.

Communication can sometimes be challenging.
Pros
Competative salaries
Cons
Communication
I have worked here for over 7 years it's a great environment. The people are very friendly and everyone from all departments are always helpful when approached. The job always remains interesting and the salary and benefits are good.

Management is always willing to listen and are easy to get along with.
Pros
Monday-Friday
Cons
if you whant to have a place to work and b happy ...its not the place to go apply trust me.
Pros
weekend off
Cons
no comunications, small groups (cliks)..no fairness
Experienced working at the company was terrible under stressful conditions by Management including Supervisor and machine operators in various sections of the Warehouse.
Workers not allowed to take washroom breaks/ lunch break when required.
Very poor air quality issues should be addressed but unlikely that management can offer solutions.
The technology hasnt changed much in 30 years and back then we had a much cleaner work environment.
I had to work an audit contract here after receiving notification that a member of management made an employee cry over virtually nothing and then HR hung up the phone when the incident was in the process of being logged.

I can say in fact that the environment is toxic like there is a green mist in the air. Management and HR need to treat their employees better.

This company needs a clean-up from an adjudicator, you can only hide this type of abuse for so long...
Pros
Products are very well made.
Cons
Attitude and negativity from Management and HR.
All the people working here are probably very frustrated with their personal lives and gets that frustration to work and victimize innocent people.
No one has any respect for anyone

There's no communication and honesty with the HR.

The controller is really a terrible person

She has no respect for people who work under her and nobody actually lasts for a

long time under her.long time with her
Pros
Salary and timings
Cons
No peace of mind, your family life and health could be greatly affected by the horrible environment here
No room to move up due to being unionized. When you do get the possibility to train on a new job they give you little to no training and expect you to know what you're doing.

Pushy management and horrible disconnect between office and floor.

Dodge or skirt questions when asked about health and safety and overall poor quality of life when working there.
Pros
Two lunch breaks along with three, fifteen minute breaks
Cons
Long hours, poor quality of health, demanding, disconnected
Kaycan windows Alexandria Senior Management seems unable to work as a team with staff to solve issues. Over the last few years there has been consistent production issues. Most of the issues are caused by lack of proper planning and lack of proper communication with staff .
Management does not work as a team to solve issues. Management works in a old style silo approach where the different departments blame each other for windows production issues. Senior management and ownership seems incapable of working together to work together allowing operations to run properly. Employees who try to discuss and improve issues and work with management are told to mind there own business. Junior Floor level management gets frustrated as they are caught in the middle trying to work with production staff and get Senior level management to listen and solve production issues. Management works with old style top level down management style, They do not listen from staffs ideas concerning plant problems and solutions.

Production plant staff are great to work with, work hard at their jobs and do their best to produce a quality product.
Pros
Salary is good-- Production Employees are Great to work with
Cons
Frustrations if you want to produce a quality product.
had an amazing time working here wish i still could learned lots of new stuff and how vinyl is made witch i thought was pretty interesting sad i had to leave and wish i could go back
Pros
everything
Cons
long hours and shift switch
I been a packer at KP Acton for a year now. The job is challenging for the first week but after that its not hard at all. Pay is great and overtime is almost always posted.
Benefits are good.

The people on shift are all really nice and are always there for you if you need a hand.

My supervisor is incredible very easy to work for, he doesn't ask for much from you. Come to work each day, do your best and be a part of the team. Not hard at all...

Best part is that you only work 14 days a month and every other weekend is a long weekend.
Pros
Pay. Benefits. 14 DAYS A MONTH...
Cons
Shift work.
Pretty much true what is said in other reviews of the Brampton plant.Very poorly managed division that needs most of the managers replaced.General employees are good to get along with but most have no experience or knowledge of the job. All falls on a couple individuals to do everything.Wages for the same job are all over with no pay scale. Pay is lower than average for the plastics industry. They can not keep workers in the place.Lots of safety issues that need addressing that seem to have been there for a long time.
Pros
You get to go home at the end of your shift Paid breaks..
Cons
Dirty job, lots of plastic dust, fumes to breathe in during your shift. Lack of help due to shifts being short-handed.
I’ve worked at Kp building products for three months as a packer now, my time here has been great, I have a great shift, with good coworkers. My Forman is a great guy and looks out for his employees. The job itself was sort of overwhelming at first, but you get the hang of it really quick. It’s definitely not the worst job you can have, I don’t dread going to work, and I can say I’m content doing what I do. I %100 recommend Kp to people when they are looking for work, it pays very well, and it’s pretty easy.
Pros
Lots of breaks
seasonal of course but well paid position. Fast paced work but 8 hrs per day. Good shift work. Unionized enviroment limtis shift movement to benefit employees,
Pros
well paid, fast pace
Cons
some people just don't want to work
Although the KP division in Acton was top notch, Plastmo is not somewhere I’d be lining up to work. Poor, poor management in Quality and upper level management; they’re unqualified for their positions. The Production Supervisors try their absolute best but they’re spinning their wheels. Morale of employees is extremely low.
Pros
Learning experience
Cons
Lack of employee morale, poor management, unqualified individuals in positions
Ok KP building products may be a good place to work but if it is the Plastmo division this is a place you do not not to be an employee of.
The machine shop is pathetic at best .The machine shop manager is not easy to get along with and likes to play god.

I'm really surprised that this division has not folded the way it is going.
Pros
Cons
A bad work enviroment, home of the bandaid fix
Worked at KP Building Products for just over a year. I was a packer, which meant I packed the products in boxes and got them prepared for shipping. The product was vinyl siding for construction. Often times, the line would jam up, which required me to have to call for an operator and fix the damages in the meantime. being a 12 hour rotating shift, your worst hour on the job could be at 3am on a Wednesday.
The workplace culture was a little depressing, but there was some good moments.
Pros
paid well, had benefits and a pension.
Cons
Long Hours, High intensity environment which physical strain. No Social life
Decent benefit & pension programs.
A lot of experienced employees who are very welcoming.

Manager is patient and easy to talk to.

This company promotes within, great for employees on the floor
Pros
Good people
Cons
Normal manufacturing challenges
Good place to work, work load is steady but very manageable. Many employees with over 20 years of experience to help train and mentor. Culture on the floor is positive. Work/life balance is good. Freindly, team environment. Company believes in promoting from within. Apprenticeship programs. Manager is very approachable.
Pros
Friendly staff, promote from within at all levels in all departments.
Cons
Older facility
I enjoyed the time that I spent at KP Building Products, the people/coworkers made the experience enjoyable. All just there to make a pretty penny and have a laugh doing it. The factory needs some new management and maintence.