KoreConX Employee Reviews

A journey of wealth of knowledge
VP Compliance (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 January 2019
My background is compliance and regulations. I have been part of the team since inception and the transparency and openness of the founders is why I still remain.

when I began with them, the team was 3 today over 30+ in 7 countries. Everyone comes in with their EYES wide open on the opportunity and hard work that needs to be done.
Pros
Global leaders in a new domain
Cons
many long nights, weekends but worth it 100%
Prepare to chase your paycheck
Full time employee (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 November 2018
The business concept is good. The team I worked with was great.
Management stopped paying the team about 1.5 years in but insisted investment was coming (it never did). They kept everyone working, and folks did continue because we believed in the product and liked our team members.

However, after months of not being paid, we had to move on. Then the founders went silent on how we would get our back pay. They also claimed we were contractors and thus were not covered by labour laws. Our pay is owed from two years ago and we're still chasing it today.

When we joined, we were offered shares in a holding company which held shares in Koreconx Corp. They invalidated the shares we did earn in the company by switching to a new entity name - Koreconx Inc. Nice move and totally worthy of their company values of openness and transparency.

If anyone is considering this company, please contact previous employees on Linked In and crosscheck on Glassdoor for a second opinion.. And anyone familiar with Ebay or Amazon ratings can read between the lines on their Facebook ratings.

For the people working there now - are you getting paid? If so, please let us know on here so we can get our money. If not, then heed the warnings or better yet, leave.

Unfortunately, some people in the industry - other execs, investors, partners - will gloss over the treatment of the early employees by the founders. They will look at it as a by-product of startup culture and consider us as having hard feelings.

They are right - we have very hard feelings. We put over a year of sweat equity
  more... work in there to launch the product and earn those shares. Then we kept working on good faith when they could only pay us bare minimum to manage cash flow for the company.

We even kept working when they stopped paying us at all and the founders still went on trips to Europe and the US because we believed in the product. And as another poster put it, when we became vocal about collecting our rightful pay, we were ignored and then erased from the company history.

This is the type of people you will be working for. You've been warned.
Pros
Exciting industry
Cons
we are still chasing our paycheck two years later
They Don't Pay People
Prefer not to say (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 November 2018
Look at the reviews on Glassdoor, and look up Oscar's last company, BoardSuite. They offer equity compensation for a certain period of time and promise you a salary after your buy-in period, then once that period is up, you'll get low, or no, pay. They burn through entire teams this way. Oscar is a great salesman, but make no mistake, it's a scam.
Cons
no pay, no benefits, no equity, micromanagement
Great place to work. Nice people.
Wordpress Developer (Current Employee) –  Downtown Toronto4 October 2018
A great place to work and learn at the same time. Working here provides challenging tasks, and co workers are knowledgeable, and courteous.

Management is great to work with.
I like working here
Lead Developer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 October 2018
I've been working here for over a year now, Boss is very easy going, and I always have new challenges to do. the work hour is relatively flexible, the only complain I have is that we do not have a very good office space.
Pros
New Stuff to learn
Cons
office isn't so good