Kootenay Boundary Regional Hospital

Kootenay Boundary Regional Hospital Employee Reviews

Canada7 reviews
Fast-paced work environment with lots of support from team members. I started as a new grad and it was the best choice I made for my nursing career. I learned SO much! It was also a great place to live & explore.
Pros
Lots of learning, room to grow
Cons
Management is challenging, unsupportive
Busy area in the hospital, as it is the main hub. Most are efficient and knowledgeable. Some of the staff working are not very personable and quite cold, which is honestly the only really negative aspect.
Wages were good, hours were good. Advancement depending on seniority. However, casuals are treated like lesser staff and not particularly included in department activities.
Pros
Great wages, great hours
Cons
Teamwork
I was very blessed to be able to start my nursing career at Kootenay Boundary Regional Hospital. The staff trained me with patience and expertise, and I felt well supported. I was able to learn and practice my nursing profession, and felt that I was able to make a difference in the community through the care that we collectively offered. It was, over-all, a very rewarding experience!
more independent work. collaborate with RN on team and plan the day. work with different departments and work for better recovery of patient.flexible shifts
A full function laboratory with all disciplines practiced. Very team oriented and efficient. Managers are open to suggestions where efficiencies can be improved.
Pros
Supportive team members.
Cons
Somewhat isolated city, few ammenities.
I have found the job I love through my training. Lots of great coworkers and management. Difficult to obtain full time employment. Working casual without benefits is very difficult.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Kootenay Boundary Regional Hospital?
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kootenay Boundary Regional Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.
4.2