Koodo Mobile Employee Reviews

Good company
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB6 April 2018
I've been a store manager with Koodo for 5 years. It has been a great experience and I would recommend anyone looking for a high paying job to apply for a sales representative position.
Poor management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON21 March 2018
One of the worst companies I've ever worked for. Managers don't care about you only their performance bonuses. Meaning if you aren't getting warranties or 100% customer surveys you are going to have a talk. Coaching is useless as they utter the same thing and don't even ask for a raise because no one will ever give it to you. And gossip in this company spreads like wildfire so be careful what you tell anyone. Btw they're the only company that pays 11.60 an hour and not 14. I will never work for a company like this ever again don't even bother giving 2 weeks if you're going to quit they don't care.
Pros
Flexible scheduling
Cons
Poor pay and management
Great company, terrible customers.
Sales Representative (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Ontario23 February 2018
I had an amazing experience working at Koodo. I loved the team I worked with. They were very supportive and never made me feel small. If you love to sell Mobile devices and the accessories that go along with them, this job is for you.
I've learned so much about cellular devices over the time I've worked there. You have to rely on your own research on all the cellular devices and you also have to ask your team a lot of questions. This is not the type of job where you learn everything in one day. If you love to learn new things everyday this job is perfect.
Management was amazing. I loved my manager, like I said before she was very supportive and would work just as hard as the rest of her team.
The hardest part of the job is the customers. the customers are very rude(I know everywhere is like that now). I've worked in customer service for 10 years and Koodo has by far the worst customers I've dealt with. Don't get me wrong there are a lot of friendly customers, but just comparing with all my jobs, Koodo was the worst.
The most enjoyable part of the job is honestly learning about new technology that comes out and that you get to work with a great team.
Koodo is great, but the customers can get bad. BUT honestly thats anywhere you work now a days. So i highly recommend applying to this job if you're interested in selling and learning about mobile products.
Pros
Commision
Cons
customers(but thats anywhere)
Fun people to work with
Sales rep (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 February 2018
It was a great atmosphere, its retail so it comes with your regular retail cons but overall great place to work. The people are great as well. i made a good amount of friends and networked from there to the place im at now
Pros
benefits, competitive pay
Cons
pressure
Great pay, very little advancement
Loyalty & Retention specialist (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC25 January 2018
Typical Loyalty and retention job at a cell phone company. Deal with manager escalations and cancellation requests.
Scheduling is problematic, even with seniority.
Management is pressured to base your performance on customer feedback, with your actual objective work often being overlooked.
Advancement is very limited, and is always a lateral move, almost never a vertical move.
They will base your yearly bonus heavily on whether they think you're a team player instead of actual performance, aka your bonus can be reduced by 50% if they feel like you're treating this as a job instead of a lifestyle. Very subjective.
The main positive about the job is the above average pay compared to all other call center jobs, considering you will easily earn more than the average Canadian GDP from a job that requires no experience or degree.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Everything else
Great environment in a fast changing industry
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON11 January 2018
- Great people to work with
- Enjoyable environment
- Customers can be difficult at times
- Enjoyed the fast paced industry
- Good role to improve my sale skills
Environnement de travail stimulant
Représentante des ventes (Current Employee) –  Drummondville, QC9 January 2018
J ai appris sur le milieu des réseaux cellulaire .
Les employeurs sont très humain
L aspect le plus difficile est de toujours satisfaire la clientèle
l aspect le plus agréable est le contact avec le public et l apprentissage et aider les gens
Pros
Apprentissage constant
Cons
aucun
good place to work
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 December 2017
Good place to work, one of the best mobile companies in the industry.

Good coaching is provided to help sales staff better achieve there targets/goals
Good Job for a fresh high school grad
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB12 December 2017
I got this job just out of high school and it has been one of the best jobs I've had to date. The pay was better than other phone companies and the branding usually fantastic. The managing style of the Lethbridge kiosk was superb, you couldnt find a better manager. As for the corporate aspect it was on a steady decline while I was there but it has been a few years since then.
Was a great place to work
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON3 December 2017
Working at koodo was a great place to work.
They make you feel like family, training is top notch. They make sure you are fully trained at you own learning pace.
Uniform is actually pretty cute. Customers are great. Upper management is great. All around a good place to work. If you ever get the opportunity, take it and run with it! Lots of room for growth and career advancement.
Pros
Cons
Standing long hours in a kiosk but that’s not even a real con
un milieu de travail aggreable
Service à la clientèle (Former Employee) –  1500 metcalfe8 November 2017
Un environement de travail tres familial, j ai appris beaucoup dans ce qui est service a la clientele.
agreable
Agent du service à la clientèle (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC7 November 2017
bon environnement de travail et un bon management, tout est parfait
Pros
l'Espace de travail
Cons
pas
fun workplace if you like dealing with customers
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON18 September 2017
A typical day working at Koodo mobile would be helping customers with the problems they come across with their cell phones. While I worked their for the past 1 year, I learned a lot of new skills. Such includes, selling abilities, enhancing my customer service skills and adaptability. The workplace culture is not too bad. The hardest part of the job would be standing up for 8 hours; they do not let you sit down as they think it looks ''Unprofessional''.
Pros
50% discount on monthly plans
Cons
Long hours without overtime
Great people and very interactive job
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON10 September 2017
You get interact with others alot through this job and also have to be able to understand the needs of customers so you can advise them to what would be best for them to purchase. Overall it isa great environment.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
far location
Great company, lots of benefits
Senior Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON7 September 2017
Koodo, owned by Telus is a wonderful company. They have many perks which include monthly discounted cell phone plans, accessories, family and friend discounts. You have the opportunity to constantly learn more, great for an entry lv sales positions. There are career growth opportunities.
great people over all
Customer Service & Activation Representative (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC29 August 2017
I had great experience with KOODO customers as well as its employees. It really thought me how to be patient, understanding & have great ampathy towards others.
Pros
bonuses
Cons
bonus pay delays
good commision and benefit
Sales and Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC2 August 2017
Hourly wage plus commission with solid benefits. Even though hourly wage is whatever but commission structure was the best can score big if you good at sales. Koodo is Canada wide and part of telus that makes it unbeatable retailer for cell phone industry.
Pros
Good and solid commission structure and benefit.
Cons
It can be slow for you and managment wont like it.
Interesting place to work
Sales representative (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NB29 July 2017
Awesome sales environment, supportive staff and room to grow within the company. Average day at work is rewarding with helping client out with there phones. Hardest part is dealing with the negativity from some clients who are not happy with the service and take out on you.
Pros
Awesome deals on phones and plans
Cons
Frustrated Clients
Productive, Work friendly
Sales Representative/ Key Holder (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON17 July 2017
Great friendly environment that allows you to grow as a sales representative. The job teaches you to take on challenges and responsibilities while collaborating with a team of like-minded individuals.
Productive and fun
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Pierrefonds, QC3 July 2017
It is fun working there and helping out customers. Its is good working there. there is a lot to learn and a lot more to experience from different types of situations