Koodo Mobile Employee Reviews

its a really good place to work at
Sales representative (Former Employee) –  North York, ON1 August 2018
the work place itself is not really good due to the residential area crime rate. Rest the management and everyone is really good. comfortable environment
Fun times with the right team
Full Time Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON19 July 2018
It can be a lot of fun, great culture to be involved. Having the right team is critical, patience is a virtue as you are dealing with the public, it can be rewarding all the same though.
fun and well run
Lead key holder (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, Alberta, Canada13 June 2018
This has to be my all time favourite job I have had. It ran like a well oiled machine. The management team not only had the companies best interest in mind but also had their employees backs. You always felt heard if you has something to say. Always room to move up and grow as an employee and person.
Pros
the team at every site was always engaging and welcoming
Cons
split shifts
Productive workplace held to high standards
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON24 May 2018
The company itself is fantastic to work for, they have many volunteering events and try to give back to local communities all the time. They try to mix work and pleasure and I believe they have a fantastic commitment to their work force. The regular customers who come in make the day enjoyable. Some know you by name, others will stop in just to say hi. Coworkers have no problems sharing sales and helping one another out that way, though any team spirit is almost non existent. The management hold any operations task to the highest standard. Anything that is missed, forgotten, incorrectly entered may result in a verbal or written warning. Though this creates a lot of tension and fear among coworkers, it does allow the store to show very well and produce some of the best numbers in the area.
Wonderful coworkers, but poor management
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON22 May 2018
Was there for almost 3 years, and I had been through 3 managers. Issues ranged from no work/life balance, to inter-kiosk drama, and completely skewed expectations on the commitment part timers should be giving. Being in school, I was told that every moment that I was not in class that I would be in the kiosk leaving me no time to study. And during summers reluctantly agreed to guarantee me a single, varying night off a week to accommodate hockey.
Pros
Great pay, wonderful coworkers, patient with training
Cons
Poor hiring, incompetent or obstinate managers
Fun place to work
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS18 April 2018
Great place to work if you are going through university and need a part time job that pays well for the work you do. Selling koodo is easy. It is a brand that sells itself.
Good company
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB6 April 2018
I've been a store manager with Koodo for 5 years. It has been a great experience and I would recommend anyone looking for a high paying job to apply for a sales representative position.
Poor management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON21 March 2018
One of the worst companies I've ever worked for. Managers don't care about you only their performance bonuses. Meaning if you aren't getting warranties or 100% customer surveys you are going to have a talk. Coaching is useless as they utter the same thing and don't even ask for a raise because no one will ever give it to you. And gossip in this company spreads like wildfire so be careful what you tell anyone. Btw they're the only company that pays 11.60 an hour and not 14. I will never work for a company like this ever again don't even bother giving 2 weeks if you're going to quit they don't care.
Pros
Flexible scheduling
Cons
Poor pay and management
Great company, terrible customers.
Sales Representative (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Ontario23 February 2018
I had an amazing experience working at Koodo. I loved the team I worked with. They were very supportive and never made me feel small. If you love to sell Mobile devices and the accessories that go along with them, this job is for you.
I've learned so much about cellular devices over the time I've worked there. You have to rely on your own research on all the cellular devices and you also have to ask your team a lot of questions. This is not the type of job where you learn everything in one day. If you love to learn new things everyday this job is perfect.
Management was amazing. I loved my manager, like I said before she was very supportive and would work just as hard as the rest of her team.
The hardest part of the job is the customers. the customers are very rude(I know everywhere is like that now). I've worked in customer service for 10 years and Koodo has by far the worst customers I've dealt with. Don't get me wrong there are a lot of friendly customers, but just comparing with all my jobs, Koodo was the worst.
The most enjoyable part of the job is honestly learning about new technology that comes out and that you get to work with a great team.
Koodo is great, but the customers can get bad. BUT honestly thats anywhere you work now a days. So i highly recommend applying to this job if you're interested in selling and learning about mobile products.
Pros
Commision
Cons
customers(but thats anywhere)
Fun people to work with
Sales rep (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 February 2018
It was a great atmosphere, its retail so it comes with your regular retail cons but overall great place to work. The people are great as well. i made a good amount of friends and networked from there to the place im at now
Pros
benefits, competitive pay
Cons
pressure
Great pay, very little advancement
Loyalty & Retention specialist (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC25 January 2018
Typical Loyalty and retention job at a cell phone company. Deal with manager escalations and cancellation requests.
Scheduling is problematic, even with seniority.
Management is pressured to base your performance on customer feedback, with your actual objective work often being overlooked.
Advancement is very limited, and is always a lateral move, almost never a vertical move.
They will base your yearly bonus heavily on whether they think you're a team player instead of actual performance, aka your bonus can be reduced by 50% if they feel like you're treating this as a job instead of a lifestyle. Very subjective.
The main positive about the job is the above average pay compared to all other call center jobs, considering you will easily earn more than the average Canadian GDP from a job that requires no experience or degree.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Everything else
Great environment in a fast changing industry
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON11 January 2018
- Great people to work with
- Enjoyable environment
- Customers can be difficult at times
- Enjoyed the fast paced industry
- Good role to improve my sale skills
Environnement de travail stimulant
Représentante des ventes (Current Employee) –  Drummondville, QC9 January 2018
J ai appris sur le milieu des réseaux cellulaire .
Les employeurs sont très humain
L aspect le plus difficile est de toujours satisfaire la clientèle
l aspect le plus agréable est le contact avec le public et l apprentissage et aider les gens
Pros
Apprentissage constant
Cons
aucun
good place to work
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 December 2017
Good place to work, one of the best mobile companies in the industry.

Good coaching is provided to help sales staff better achieve there targets/goals
Good Job for a fresh high school grad
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB12 December 2017
I got this job just out of high school and it has been one of the best jobs I've had to date. The pay was better than other phone companies and the branding usually fantastic. The managing style of the Lethbridge kiosk was superb, you couldnt find a better manager. As for the corporate aspect it was on a steady decline while I was there but it has been a few years since then.
Was a great place to work
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON3 December 2017
Working at koodo was a great place to work.
They make you feel like family, training is top notch. They make sure you are fully trained at you own learning pace.
Uniform is actually pretty cute. Customers are great. Upper management is great. All around a good place to work. If you ever get the opportunity, take it and run with it! Lots of room for growth and career advancement.
Pros
Cons
Standing long hours in a kiosk but that’s not even a real con
un milieu de travail aggreable
Service à la clientèle (Former Employee) –  1500 metcalfe8 November 2017
Un environement de travail tres familial, j ai appris beaucoup dans ce qui est service a la clientele.
agreable
Agent du service à la clientèle (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC7 November 2017
bon environnement de travail et un bon management, tout est parfait
Pros
l'Espace de travail
Cons
pas
fun workplace if you like dealing with customers
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON18 September 2017
A typical day working at Koodo mobile would be helping customers with the problems they come across with their cell phones. While I worked their for the past 1 year, I learned a lot of new skills. Such includes, selling abilities, enhancing my customer service skills and adaptability. The workplace culture is not too bad. The hardest part of the job would be standing up for 8 hours; they do not let you sit down as they think it looks ''Unprofessional''.
Pros
50% discount on monthly plans
Cons
Long hours without overtime
Great people and very interactive job
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON10 September 2017
You get interact with others alot through this job and also have to be able to understand the needs of customers so you can advise them to what would be best for them to purchase. Overall it isa great environment.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
far location