Koodo Mobile Employee Reviews

Belle expérience
Directeur (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC19 October 2018
Très belle expérience de travail. Belle équipe et belle qualité de vie.
Cons
évolution de carrière limité
Work Culture needs work.
Full Time Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC10 October 2018
There is no work life balance in this company, not unless you step down to lower roles.
The company does nothing to protect it's sale team against abuse and harassment. Two staff members had stalkers, and the company's solution "sell to them".
Pros
could make easy money if you put in a bit of work.
Top compagnie
Directeur de magasin (Current Employee) –  Brossard, QC12 September 2018
Top 10 des compagnies canadiennes et j'en suis heureux d'en avoir fait partie.
Envrionnement de travail incroyable que ce soit directement en boutique ou bien dans la région. Une équipe qui s'entraide à chaque jour.

Difficile d'évoluer à l'intérieur de l'entreprise. La plupart des embauches qui sont au dessus des postes que nous occupons sont trouvé à l'externe.
Pros
Esprit de travail et grande structure
Cons
Impossible d'évoluer
Great job while you're in school
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB11 September 2018
Probably the best paying part-time you can have during school. Also pretty good perks like health benefits and discounts. Dealing with customers is never fun in any job but the commission makes it bearable.
Worked there two years and the changed the commission structure twice and each time is resulted in a pay cut.
Area manager needs to learn to stop looking at everything like the glass is half empty.
Store manager was fantastic, great guy.
Literally no path for advancement as a sales rep, even if you have a degree. Telus would rather hire externally than give a sales rep a chance for advancement. This was literally said by a regional manager on a town hall call. Ideally they would love to clear house every few years cause they don't want you to be there for too long, although the stress of dealing with customers who suck with technology is definitely enough of a deterrent to want to stay for too long.
Pros
discounts, benefits, commission (as long as they stop cutting it)
Cons
Area manager sees everything as glass half empty, the customers
An excellent place to work
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  St. John's, NL5 September 2018
An excellent experience and an excellent place to work. A highly organized company and treats employees with the out-most respect. I love the people associated with the company. Great team
short but sweet time with them
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB3 September 2018
i only worked with koodo mobile for a few months while i was out of school. it was a short temporary job, but the pay was good and the job was easy. would love to have pursued a more permanent position provided i did not have to worry about school and personal obligations.
great environment
SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON29 August 2018
such friendly people so nice to work with, a fun environment and very accommodating. management works with you to help you improve and everyone works as a team
Terrible management! No job security at all! It used to be so much better
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Pickering, ON14 August 2018
Overall its ok only for a year or 2. There is no job security and if your sales numbers, customer surveys start slipping they hate you. The managers don't care about you and want you replaced by some other person from another store or a new hire. They even purposely bully you to try and get you to quit.

It's a very stressful job trying to sell phones, accessories, and warranties. Not every customer will buy extras from you. Than management gets irritated and angry at you. There is much more than sales to this job. Like store operations, stocking, merchandising, customer service, billing inquires, technical problems, troubleshooting phones, sending phones out for repair, etc.

The stores don't have much staff so when someone calls in sick. Be prepared to get a doctors note. Or be totally short staffed during a whole day. The flexibility isn't very good cause the stores don't have much staff. Like only 6 or 7 people working in one location.

I find it used to be so much better. Before you sold a phone and a case and they were happy. Now the sales targets are just way to high! They want you to sell the phone, accessories, and a warranty.
Pros
Benefits, Coworkers, Share Plan, Discounts
Cons
High Stress, Terrible Management, No Job Security, No Flexibility, No opportunities to move up to head office
Good work environment, there was always someone to help if you had a question.
Senior Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB9 August 2018
I enjoyed the team environment, no matter store we had to interact with we all worked well together. The pay and commission (at the time that I was employed with Koodo) was great. Great bonuses, when we hit our targets. Really good plans for both customers and employees.
its a really good place to work at
Sales representative (Former Employee) –  North York, ON1 August 2018
the work place itself is not really good due to the residential area crime rate. Rest the management and everyone is really good. comfortable environment
Fun times with the right team
Full Time Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON19 July 2018
It can be a lot of fun, great culture to be involved. Having the right team is critical, patience is a virtue as you are dealing with the public, it can be rewarding all the same though.
fun and well run
Lead key holder (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, Alberta, Canada13 June 2018
This has to be my all time favourite job I have had. It ran like a well oiled machine. The management team not only had the companies best interest in mind but also had their employees backs. You always felt heard if you has something to say. Always room to move up and grow as an employee and person.
Pros
the team at every site was always engaging and welcoming
Cons
split shifts
Productive workplace held to high standards
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON24 May 2018
The company itself is fantastic to work for, they have many volunteering events and try to give back to local communities all the time. They try to mix work and pleasure and I believe they have a fantastic commitment to their work force. The regular customers who come in make the day enjoyable. Some know you by name, others will stop in just to say hi. Coworkers have no problems sharing sales and helping one another out that way, though any team spirit is almost non existent. The management hold any operations task to the highest standard. Anything that is missed, forgotten, incorrectly entered may result in a verbal or written warning. Though this creates a lot of tension and fear among coworkers, it does allow the store to show very well and produce some of the best numbers in the area.
Wonderful coworkers, but poor management
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON22 May 2018
Was there for almost 3 years, and I had been through 3 managers. Issues ranged from no work/life balance, to inter-kiosk drama, and completely skewed expectations on the commitment part timers should be giving. Being in school, I was told that every moment that I was not in class that I would be in the kiosk leaving me no time to study. And during summers reluctantly agreed to guarantee me a single, varying night off a week to accommodate hockey.
Pros
Great pay, wonderful coworkers, patient with training
Cons
Poor hiring, incompetent or obstinate managers
Fun place to work
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS18 April 2018
Great place to work if you are going through university and need a part time job that pays well for the work you do. Selling koodo is easy. It is a brand that sells itself.
Good company
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB6 April 2018
I've been a store manager with Koodo for 5 years. It has been a great experience and I would recommend anyone looking for a high paying job to apply for a sales representative position.
Poor management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON21 March 2018
One of the worst companies I've ever worked for. Managers don't care about you only their performance bonuses. Meaning if you aren't getting warranties or 100% customer surveys you are going to have a talk. Coaching is useless as they utter the same thing and don't even ask for a raise because no one will ever give it to you. And gossip in this company spreads like wildfire so be careful what you tell anyone. Btw they're the only company that pays 11.60 an hour and not 14. I will never work for a company like this ever again don't even bother giving 2 weeks if you're going to quit they don't care.
Pros
Flexible scheduling
Cons
Poor pay and management
Great company, terrible customers.
Sales Representative (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Ontario23 February 2018
I had an amazing experience working at Koodo. I loved the team I worked with. They were very supportive and never made me feel small. If you love to sell Mobile devices and the accessories that go along with them, this job is for you.
I've learned so much about cellular devices over the time I've worked there. You have to rely on your own research on all the cellular devices and you also have to ask your team a lot of questions. This is not the type of job where you learn everything in one day. If you love to learn new things everyday this job is perfect.
Management was amazing. I loved my manager, like I said before she was very supportive and would work just as hard as the rest of her team.
The hardest part of the job is the customers. the customers are very rude(I know everywhere is like that now). I've worked in customer service for 10 years and Koodo has by far the worst customers I've dealt with. Don't get me wrong there are a lot of friendly customers, but just comparing with all my jobs, Koodo was the worst.
The most enjoyable part of the job is honestly learning about new technology that comes out and that you get to work with a great team.
Koodo is great, but the customers can get bad. BUT honestly thats anywhere you work now a days. So i highly recommend applying to this job if you're interested in selling and learning about mobile products.
Pros
Commision
Cons
customers(but thats anywhere)
Fun people to work with
Sales rep (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 February 2018
It was a great atmosphere, its retail so it comes with your regular retail cons but overall great place to work. The people are great as well. i made a good amount of friends and networked from there to the place im at now
Pros
benefits, competitive pay
Cons
pressure
Great pay, very little advancement
Loyalty & Retention specialist (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC25 January 2018
Typical Loyalty and retention job at a cell phone company. Deal with manager escalations and cancellation requests.
Scheduling is problematic, even with seniority.
Management is pressured to base your performance on customer feedback, with your actual objective work often being overlooked.
Advancement is very limited, and is always a lateral move, almost never a vertical move.
They will base your yearly bonus heavily on whether they think you're a team player instead of actual performance, aka your bonus can be reduced by 50% if they feel like you're treating this as a job instead of a lifestyle. Very subjective.
The main positive about the job is the above average pay compared to all other call center jobs, considering you will easily earn more than the average Canadian GDP from a job that requires no experience or degree.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Everything else