Konica Minolta

Konica Minolta Employee Reviews

Canada49 reviews
Enjoyed my time here, and felt I was supported well by colleagues and management. As a Named Account Executive I was not successful as it did require cold calling and this is not my strong-suit. Great role hunter for a hunter salesperson.
Great place to work very balanced with work life. I been here for a year now and hard work is recognized. Great support from co workers and manager to expand knowledge and skill. I would recommend Konica to anyone who is looking to grow and stay long term! Thank you Konica for my experience so far!
The work culture is good, everyone gets respected and treated good by all staff. Management expect results so everyone works hard but they take time to have fun as well. Company BBQ's, pancake breakfasts and off site catered meetings get all staff to socialize with each other. We know what we have to do and just do it without having anyone looking over your shoulder.
Pros
Respected, not micro managed
Cons
work hard
As a strong candidate with many years of experience for an external sales role I was scheduled for an interview with hiring manager and a few hours previous to my meeting, HR reached out to me via email to cancel the interview with no postponed set date. I was told that I would be contacted by the hiring manager to reschedule the interview, no communication for 3 weeks. I had to be proactive in my communications with HR to inquire as to when the interview would take place, HR was often unresponsive during that time. I finally received an email with no apology for delay in response, informing me that KM had decided to no longer consider me as a candidate for a sales role.

From beginning to end, this entire process lasted 6 weeks. I had a 2 week initial discussion period with HR in Montreal leading up to the scheduled interview and we both agreed that my skills, years of experience and expectations were a good fit for a Major accounts role.

If this is a reflection of how the company treats their potential candidates, I would not like to see how KM acts towards employees once hired.

In the end, not a positive and inspiring experience at all.
Culture is toxic, people are arrogant and ignorant, pay is GARBAGE. No room for advancement, they do not promote from within. DON'T EVEN APPLY. The only reason I am still there is the proximity to my home.
Pros
Location, free coffee and tea
Cons
Everything else
I enjoyed working for this company.  I assist our customers and associates in providing service to repair and maintain their copy equipment. I setup supply orders for customer to replenish there consumable items needed to keep their office copiers in working condition. I have been on the escalation team for the past 8 years, providing our customer with the help needed to resolve billing, software, shipping and mechanical issues that arose with the operation of their copier equipment using resources available to me such as SAP and other resources.
Leadership lacks clear direction and their policies are wishy-washy. One day it will be acceptable, tomorrow it will not. This is a boys club in its finest form. Many of the leaders should retire. Plenty of managers who lack the know-how to lead and training these managers is nonexistent. HR is a joke, they are about protecting upper management instead of the employees. Nepotism at its best. Training offered...there is none, yet they have an expectation you know how to complete the task even if you were not shown. Employee appreciation lacks which leads to low morale. Common motto amongst teams is there has to be an “i” in team because there is no teamwork. Do not count on job security because hard word, tenor and loyalty means very little to their management team. Unless you are a “yes man” type, expect to find the exit. Their focus is bottom line. Work late or through the weekend until its done and forget process. Leaders in the west have a tyrant type personality and are permitted to get away with yelling at employees with no repercussion. There are plenty of times just prior to the start of a holiday or long weekend you won’t find one senior leader in the building and managers are the most senior individual in the entire Head Office. This company advertises innovation and a progressive workplace environment yet almost every one of their processes are manual and still done through excel, no automation, they fear innovation within their own workplace and working from home is not permitted. They fear the investments into new programs to promote a better way. Poor and lowest - more...
Pros
New building, new facility, management leaves you alone
Cons
Poor leadership, lacks innovation, lack of training, no security, no team building or teamwork, no work from home
If you like snotty entitled co-workers and earning high school pay then this is the company for you.
The people and horrible as well as the pay.

Don't work there.
Cons
Horrible pay with equally horrible people.
Not very impressed at all with the management structure, and the format required for sales....... it is heavily regimented and templated - almost a boiler room atmosphere. From the minute the day starts till the minute it ends everything is regimented, and all movements, calls, conversations have to be logged. The system has no place for working with individule strengths, and has an extreamly high turnover. All from my experiences of course.
Pros
Good medical bennifits
Cons
Long hours, highly regimented and micromanaged
It's a good enough place to work.
Wage could be better.

Very nice people.

Good hours.

Easy to get to location

Bbq's and takeout lunches

Can be very boring, very repetitive at times
Pros
Bbq's
Cons
Amazing team to work with, however you have to be productive and give results, can be very stressful. I have not seen any job work/life balance when I was there, however that might have changed since.
My time at Konica Minolta was many years ago so I have nothing to say on the status of the company over the last 19 years. When I was there the people and working conditions were fine.
Pros
out of the office a lot
Cons
pressure sales
Very sales focused environment. Everything is geared towards recognizing sales success. Good entry level account sales job.

Fun place to work hard and play hard.
Konica Minolta Ltd., Toronto, Ontario, Canada Mar 2013 ~ Sep 2013
System administrator for Business Solutions (Contract)

Konica Minolta Ltd. is one of the world's leaders in business printing solutions focused on complex enterprise environment, technology optimization and cloud services, my responsibilities are:

• Responsible for designing and deploying dozens of multifunctional printers in large and complex enterprise environment with branches located in different locations.

• Performed technical support from desktop printer to enterprise printing solutions, including software, hardware, network related and directory server permission control issues.

• Maximized equipment up-time for all in-house and field printers through professional maintenance and timely response.

• Diagnosed, troubleshot, and solved printer issues efficiently and ensured high level of customer satisfaction.

• Analyze customer needs, recognize business opportunities, and influence sales volume growth.
I was the only non-white person at one of their Saskatchewan branch.

I was almost daily discriminated by my white co-workers.

they made sure that i left company within probation period

somehow i handled the job for 12 months--going to office was a terrible experience.

Please do not work for this company in Prairie Region if you are not a white person as you may be harassed & discriminated on daily basis.
Pros
you get salary on time
Cons
Direct Racism - Local management know it but D'ont care
One of the worst companies to work for. Management looks after themselves.
For 2018, the salaries are way below average. Management go for lunch and come back drunk and that seems to be ok.

They have not made their numbers/quotes for the last 4 yrs and blame the staff not management...

WHY DO YOU WANT TO WORK FOR A COMPANY LIKE THAT!
Pros
Cons
Poor management
Don’t join this company at all. Its not Konica, the real name is IT Weapons in Brampton.
No growth, no learning, too much politics and team will try to move you down and demotivate you.

Perfect example of BOSS vs LEADER.

Typical BOSS company it is.
Pros
Free Lunch and Parking
Cons
Too many. Better work for less than working here
One of the worst company I have ever worked for!
The management has no clue nor can they train you.

Sales management and upper management only know where the local bars are!
Pros
Cons
Where to begin
Overall this company is a great place to work. The workforce is a combination of very tenured people who know what they are doing as well as millennial newbies, all from very diverse backgrounds. It's a competitive, but very team oriented culture and it attracts those who have similar values. For any job from administrative to sales to service technicians, everyone seems to have a friendly competitive streak which is great when you are the type of person who wants to win and be the best. This is a place where one can grow in any position that you fall into. Management and leadership teams across Canada are very supportive and they care about their people. I've been working here for almost a year and I've progressed more than I could imagine in any other job. Pay could be a bit better, but it's competitive enough. Depends on the values of each individual. Personally, if my job is self fulfilling, the lower pay is not a huge deal breaker. So far, I would say that I'm quite fulfilled.
Pros
Listed above
Cons
listed above
Great working environment , controlled your assigned calls by priority.
Customer comes first, response time is critical and communication is essential.

Management was flexible , once you get the job done right no one was monitoring you.

Traffic congestion

Satisfied customer , letters of recomendations
Pros
Opportunity for advancement, rewards for achievements above company's expectation
Cons
The growth of the industry was stagnated with the advent of Scan to Email
Hard working people often held back by local Canadian Management.

U.S. business operation significantly better managed.

Excellent executive management
Pros
Executive in U.S.
Cons
GM Canadian Management
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Konica Minolta. Our community is ready to answer.
2.9