Konica Minolta
Happiness score is 62 out of 100

Konica Minolta Employee Reviews

Canada54 reviews

Staff top notch

I support staff are very helpful and worked will as a team.My Manager was excellent but tech staff treated as replaceable by other management but sales were put a pedestal .

Pros

staff were very helpful

Cons

Sales were difficult to work with

lots of social events good people to work with

5 to 6 service calls, repair technics, good managers, repairing machines is the hardest part of the job. fixing the machines properly is the most enjoyable part of the job.

Insights into Konica Minolta

What people like
  • Clear sense of purpose
Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging
  • Supportive environment

Fun and lots of learning opportunities

Lots of learning opportunities. Definitely a place that values hard working individuals. A fun place to work . They train you on SAP and other softwares used in the company. Pre-covid ,there were lots of team building activities.

Pros

Free game tickets

very nice environment

very professional team and company , and the managers are the best

Great place to work because of the people and the corporate culture

I was given great advancement and rose quickly through the company unfortunately Covid-19 affected the company as it's very difficult to generate revenue in the industry as offices are closed.

Pros

people - huge organization

Cons

not many

Salary conditions are good but the corporate culture needs to be revised

A split between open management and closed management, despite a major effort to empower employees, KM likes to keep control and have employees present in the premises every working day. even if all businesses are there to make a profit, you will be under pressure to result. It is important to note that despite the good management element, one cannot freely criticize the functioning of the company. if you are a model employee, and you appreciate hierarchy, you are going to be happy on the other hand, if you are a free spirit and want to make your mark and improve or change things, it is not for you.

Pros

Salary + benefits

Cons

working atmosphere and long process

Very difficult work environment, tons of pressure and lack of transparency from Management

Overall, the company could do a lot better, but is controlled by a few people who are basically incompetent. The staff has become comfortable and lack energy and innovation

Great People to work with!

Enjoyed my time here, and felt I was supported well by colleagues and management. As a Named Account Executive I was not successful as it did require cold calling and this is not my strong-suit. Great role hunter for a hunter salesperson.

Great environment and supporting leaders

Great place to work very balanced with work life. I been here for a year now and hard work is recognized. Great support from co workers and manager to expand knowledge and skill. I would recommend Konica to anyone who is looking to grow and stay long term! Thank you Konica for my experience so far!

It's a good place to work

The work culture is good, everyone gets respected and treated good by all staff. Management expect results so everyone works hard but they take time to have fun as well. Company BBQ's, pancake breakfasts and off site catered meetings get all staff to socialize with each other. We know what we have to do and just do it without having anyone looking over your shoulder.

Pros

Respected, not micro managed

Cons

work hard

Well below average recruiting process

As a strong candidate with many years of experience for an external sales role I was scheduled for an interview with hiring manager and a few hours previous to my meeting, HR reached out to me via email to cancel the interview with no postponed set date. I was told that I would be contacted by the hiring manager to reschedule the interview, no communication for 3 weeks. I had to be proactive in my communications with HR to inquire as to when the interview would take place, HR was often unresponsive during that time. I finally received an email with no apology for delay in response, informing me that KM had decided to no longer consider me as a candidate for a sales role. From beginning to end, this entire process lasted 6 weeks. I had a 2 week initial discussion period with HR in Montreal leading up to the scheduled interview and we both agreed that my skills, years of experience and expectations were a good fit for a Major accounts role. If this is a reflection of how the company treats their potential candidates, I would not like to see how KM acts towards employees once hired. In the end, not a positive and inspiring experience at all.

challenging and enjoyable work environment

I enjoyed working for this company.  I assist our customers and associates in providing service to repair and maintain their copy equipment. I setup supply orders for customer to replenish there consumable items needed to keep their office copiers in working condition. I have been on the escalation team for the past 8 years, providing our customer with the help needed to resolve billing, software, shipping and mechanical issues that arose with the operation of their copier equipment using resources available to me such as SAP and other resources.

Unrealistic expectations, nonexistent training and terrible workplace

Leadership lacks clear direction and their policies are wishy-washy. One day it will be acceptable, tomorrow it will not. This is a boys club in its finest form. Many of the leaders should retire. Plenty of managers who lack the know-how to lead and training these managers is nonexistent. HR is a joke, they are about protecting upper management instead of the employees. Nepotism at its best. Training offered...there is none, yet they have an expectation you know how to complete the task even if you were not shown. Employee appreciation lacks which leads to low morale. Common motto amongst teams is there has to be an “i” in team because there is no teamwork. Do not count on job security because hard word, tenor and loyalty means very little to their management team. Unless you are a “yes man” type, expect to find the exit. Their focus is bottom line. Work late or through the weekend until its done and forget process. Leaders in the west have a tyrant type personality and are permitted to get away with yelling at employees with no repercussion. There are plenty of times just prior to the start of a holiday or long weekend you won’t find one senior leader in the building and managers are the most senior individual in the entire Head Office. This company advertises innovation and a progressive workplace environment yet almost every one of their processes are manual and still done through excel, no automation, they fear innovation within their own workplace and working from home is not permitted. They fear the investments into new programs to promote a better way. Poor and lowest -

Pros

New building, new facility, management leaves you alone

Cons

Poor leadership, lacks innovation, lack of training, no security, no team building or teamwork, no work from home

Low pay & high school cliques

If you like snotty entitled co-workers and earning high school pay then this is the company for you. The people and horrible as well as the pay. Don't work there.

Cons

Horrible pay with equally horrible people.

Unrealistic expectations, given the tools supplied and the rules and ridgid guidlines one has to follow

Not very impressed at all with the management structure, and the format required for sales....... it is heavily regimented and templated - almost a boiler room atmosphere. From the minute the day starts till the minute it ends everything is regimented, and all movements, calls, conversations have to be logged. The system has no place for working with individule strengths, and has an extreamly high turnover. All from my experiences of course.

Pros

Good medical bennifits

Cons

Long hours, highly regimented and micromanaged

Good enough

It's a good enough place to work. Wage could be better. Very nice people. Good hours. Easy to get to location Bbq's and takeout lunches Can be very boring, very repetitive at times

Pros

Bbq's

Cons

Productive and fun place to work at

Amazing team to work with, however you have to be productive and give results, can be very stressful. I have not seen any job work/life balance when I was there, however that might have changed since.

Too long ago

My time at Konica Minolta was many years ago so I have nothing to say on the status of the company over the last 19 years. When I was there the people and working conditions were fine.

Pros

out of the office a lot

Cons

pressure sales

Good Company

Very sales focused environment. Everything is geared towards recognizing sales success. Good entry level account sales job. Fun place to work hard and play hard.

it's a good company

Konica Minolta Ltd., Toronto, Ontario, Canada Mar 2013 ~ Sep 2013 System administrator for Business Solutions (Contract) Konica Minolta Ltd. is one of the world's leaders in business printing solutions focused on complex enterprise environment, technology optimization and cloud services, my responsibilities are: • Responsible for designing and deploying dozens of multifunctional printers in large and complex enterprise environment with branches located in different locations. • Performed technical support from desktop printer to enterprise printing solutions, including software, hardware, network related and directory server permission control issues. • Maximized equipment up-time for all in-house and field printers through professional maintenance and timely response. • Diagnosed, troubleshot, and solved printer issues efficiently and ensured high level of customer satisfaction. • Analyze customer needs, recognize business opportunities, and influence sales volume growth.

One of the worst companies to work for. Management looks after themselves. For 2018, the salaries are way below average. Management go for lunch and come back drunk and that seems to be ok. They have not made their numbers/quotes for the last 4 yrs and blame the staff not management... WHY DO YOU WANT TO WORK FOR A COMPANY LIKE THAT!

Pros

Cons

Poor management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Konica Minolta. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement