Konica Minolta Business Solutions (Canada) (Konica Minolta)

Konica Minolta Employee Reviews

Racism - only white employee preferred
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Saskatchewan24 September 2018
I was the only non-white person at one of their Saskatchewan branch.

I was almost daily discriminated by my white co-workers.

they made sure that i left company within probation period

somehow i handled the job for 12 months--going to office was a terrible experience.

Please do not work for this company in Prairie Region if you are not a white person as you may be harassed & discriminated on daily basis.
Pros
you get salary on time
Cons
Direct Racism - Local management know it but D'ont care
Great company where you can learn and grow
Admin/Sales Support (Current Employee) –  British Columbia26 April 2018
Overall this company is a great place to work. The workforce is a combination of very tenured people who know what they are doing as well as millennial newbies, all from very diverse backgrounds. It's a competitive, but very team oriented culture and it attracts those who have similar values. For any job from administrative to sales to service technicians, everyone seems to have a friendly competitive streak which is great when you are the type of person who wants to win and be the best. This is a place where one can grow in any position that you fall into. Management and leadership teams across Canada are very supportive and they care about their people. I've been working here for almost a year and I've progressed more than I could imagine in any other job. Pay could be a bit better, but it's competitive enough. Depends on the values of each individual. Personally, if my job is self fulfilling, the lower pay is not a huge deal breaker. So far, I would say that I'm quite fulfilled.
Pros
Listed above
Cons
listed above
Excellent work place with a great amount of dependency.
COLOUR PRODUCTION TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON24 April 2018
Great working environment , controlled your assigned calls by priority.
Customer comes first, response time is critical and communication is essential.
Management was flexible , once you get the job done right no one was monitoring you.
Traffic congestion
Satisfied customer , letters of recomendations
Pros
Opportunity for advancement, rewards for achievements above company's expectation
Cons
The growth of the industry was stagnated with the advent of Scan to Email
it's a good company
System administrator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 October 2018
Konica Minolta Ltd., Toronto, Ontario, Canada Mar 2013 ~ Sep 2013
System administrator for Business Solutions (Contract)
Konica Minolta Ltd. is one of the world's leaders in business printing solutions focused on complex enterprise environment, technology optimization and cloud services, my responsibilities are:
• Responsible for designing and deploying dozens of multifunctional printers in large and complex enterprise environment with branches located in different locations.
• Performed technical support from desktop printer to enterprise printing solutions, including software, hardware, network related and directory server permission control issues.
• Maximized equipment up-time for all in-house and field printers through professional maintenance and timely response.
• Diagnosed, troubleshot, and solved printer issues efficiently and ensured high level of customer satisfaction.
• Analyze customer needs, recognize business opportunities, and influence sales volume growth.
Enviroment will kill you — RUN
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON25 May 2018
Don’t join this company at all. Its not Konica, the real name is IT Weapons in Brampton.
No growth, no learning, too much politics and team will try to move you down and demotivate you.
Perfect example of BOSS vs LEADER.

Typical BOSS company it is.
Pros
Free Lunch and Parking
Cons
Too many. Better work for less than working here
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 June 2018
One of the worst companies to work for. Management looks after themselves.
For 2018, the salaries are way below average. Management go for lunch and come back drunk and that seems to be ok.
They have not made their numbers/quotes for the last 4 yrs and blame the staff not management...
WHY DO YOU WANT TO WORK FOR A COMPANY LIKE THAT!
Pros
Cons
Poor management
Bad company
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 May 2018
One of the worst company I have ever worked for!
The management has no clue nor can they train you.
Sales management and upper management only know where the local bars are!
Pros
Cons
Where to begin
Some great people mismanaged and mistreated
Consultant-Change Management Leader (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 March 2018
Hard working people often held back by local Canadian Management.

U.S. business operation significantly better managed.
Excellent executive management
Pros
Executive in U.S.
Cons
GM Canadian Management
Very Good Experience ,Great management but under stuff
Accounts Payable Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Mississuaga27 May 2015
I had a great time working , nice company culture and when working you feel very accepted and part of a team.

Only down side is the department was under stuff and due to the high volume of entries it was very difficult for management to have clear understanding of what the roles require in order to appreciate employee input and properly access their strength and weakness .

High value of role is placed on speed .
Pros
nice company culture and when working you feel very accepted and part of a team
Cons
Under stuff, High value off job is placed on quantity
Presidents Club reward for hard work.
Territory Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB4 October 2012
Good training / Bootcamp two weeks inToronto
Was very fun before new management change
The Bullpen was a great support of experienced go getters
Hardest part was being disciplines within to make a ton of business cold calls/prospecting
Most rewarding part of career was the bonus holiday,going to Aruba with my wife and all my fellow business partners.
Pros
positive meetings
Cons
drinking booze at work
very tense high pressure
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB3 August 2017
I found working for KM a learning experience, but very tense sometimes I found that instructions give were hard to follow. The overall experience was challenging , Stats were always changing as the programs running calls could not record all information ie Travel time could not be recorded correctly. There was no way to record return to home base as parts of your work day
Pros
fellow techs great
Bad Management
Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB21 September 2017
Worked as a technician . Never been in a more terrible place to work.. Management is the worst I have never see. There was no future for me there. But other than management a lot of very nice people there.
Productive and Busy
BILLING SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Pickering, ON27 December 2017
This was a very busy company. I learned how to multitask and be organized. It gave me problem solving skills and accountability. I created billing spreadsheets that are still being used today for accuracy and efficiency.
Pros
Short commute
Cons
No support to become better employee
need more comminication
Territory Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  London, ON9 January 2018
Poor communication through out company. Expected to drive for over 2 hours to head office for 20 minute meetings. Difficult to get answers to questions as no one seems to have the answer
Excellente formation
Directrice de compte (Current Employee) –  Quebec City, QC7 December 2017
Konica Minolta est une entreprise très novatrice qui met en avant la formation de son personnel et qui permet aux employés d'avoir un bel équilibre travail et famille.
Made some life time friends with Konica enjoyed working for them
Credit/Collections Analyst (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON11 November 2015
Was a difficult task to work for the company well they were downsizing. Over all management was good and all co-workers were great people.
Pros
use to have great bbq for employees
Cons
Hard to work in an enviroment that is laying off people.
big job of busy warehouse
Warehouse Clerk (Former Employee) –  brampton.ware house of konica minolta22 May 2013
they hire me during the annual inventory lot of work their in start , the staff from head office was also their to help and guide in inventory and for first one week i work their for 17 to 18 hours but i gave my 100% because i like to work in educated atmosphere, the supervisor after first week work of mine appriteate me a lot and told me that i will confirm you as a ware house clerk that was a big day for me that i got confirm job offer from a big company i never forget that time and remember my supervisor and that warehouse forever but unfortunately my last year exam of bachelor degree urge me to left the job and finish them first otherwise i or have a desire to work their for a longtime because i learned a lot from their in less time about ware house work.i still miss that place a lot.
no communication from superiors
Team Lead Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 March 2016
The job was easy working with all the different customers on a day to day
36 years experience in the field job was enjoyable
employees very team orientaded
Pros
Working with customers face to face
Cons
Management very uncooperative no communication ancient work processes
Looking for a new challenge.
Electronics Technician (Current Employee) –  Regina, SK22 October 2013
Looking for a new challenge. The company is a nice place to work at most of the time, just like any company I guess. For me, personally, the biggest sense of satisfaction comes from putting a smile on one of my customers faces because they're now up and running again.
Pros
Nice people
Good Work Environment
Leasing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON3 November 2016
Good Industry. Great Opportunity To Learn. Great Co-workers Who Work Well As A Team. Compensation Is Not Always Up To Industry Standards. Leasing Department Is Well Established.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Konica Minolta. Our community is ready to answer.