KONE Employee Reviews

Canada18 reviews
Nice working environment
A professional and collaborative working environment. A good work/life balance.

More focus on offering training courses would certainly help improve performance.
Productive and fun workplace
Kone has definitely been a big help in servicing some of my business. I've even been able to recommend them as great elevator consultants in Toronto to other business owners I know. The owner is very accommodating and I feel like I can trust them!
Company
Kone mississauga is the worst company .
Inefficient human resources. New employees bring their own computers. Very nervous vp do anything...

Staff frequently leave the company...
Not a great employer
Management is very disorganized and scattered. Supervisors rarely have an understanding of challenges field employees face on a daily basis. They tend to rely on computer generated management to manage employees work tasks.
No loyalty to employees
Only the monthly figures matter.

Profits before employees.

A new branch director came in and reorganized routes, both for elevators and escaltors, to give more units to each remaining mechanic, and terminated the others.
Pros
Good teamwork and colleagues
Cons
No job security
If you like endless processes and chiefs go for it!
To many chiefs and processes. They say customers come first but money and share holders come first.
Day starts at 5 am due to time zones and never stops. On call 24/7

Managers do not care about customers

Work place is poison
Pros
No pros
Cons
Poor management
Friendly and supportive place to work
Only working as a temp at this time seems to be an excellent company to work for. Most of the people are friendly and very helpful.
Have had no negative experiences with any one to date.
2 tiered system
I learned a great deal about contracts
Customer service needs improvement

loved my co-workers

management needs to work on communication and leadership

hardest part is working short staffed for no less then 6 months when someone leaves
Pros
coffee
Cons
no leadership
Inovative Work Environment
I really enjoy working at Kone, but unfortunately, I am away from my Family and Friends in another province living alone.

Kone has a variety of great tools in which to not only track the progress of specific jobs, but at the same time, they can also track the work force to ensure that the operational side of the business is meeting their weekly and monthly objectives.

Kone is a fair and respectful company with additional resources to help you as an individual grow to be better at your job, along with the potential for upward growth within the organization.

I would recommend working for Kone to anyone who has either a sales, marketing, or even an operational background.
Customer Service is number one concern
Ever changing and developing as requiered by the industry. Always something new to learn in order to be the best. Management was available to assist when necessary to resolve issues with customers.
KONE Elevator
Work would begin with a brief safety discussion between the helper and mechanic about the procedures, safeguards which would be in place that day. Upon which we would mobilise equipment, materials and tools needed to complete each task. At which point we would execute the plan as efficiently and safely as possible. Rail Installation was my favourite part of the day. My least favourite part of the day was if certain materials had been delivered damaged or not at all and we had to order replacement parts we would be in limbo until they arrived. My co-workers were all very passionate about building a well function, safe elevator which I really enjoyed as I enjoy working with professional, committed people who pay attention to every detail.
Pros
very diverse knowledge required (mechanical, electrical, construction, tools, etc.)
Cons
Heavy lifting
Good Company
Plans, directs, and coordinates activities of designated construction projects to ensure site safety, project quality, and expected profitability is achieved within targeted time frame.
work/life balance they are flexible in working from home & working around your appointments/arrangement
work/life balance - they are flexible in working from home & working around your appointments/arrangement.Allow work from home from time to time.The rewards get trimmed down more and more every year. Just when you thought they ran out of ways to cheap-out on rewarding employees,
Pros
Allow work from home from time to time
Cons
The rewards get trimmed down more and more every year.
Learning
Great place to work ,good environment uniform work
Team building high targets - commercial skills learning from others

On job training safety and quality culture
Pros
Lunch
Cons
Pressure at year end
It has good pace and good people , some of the management needs to be better organized as to much work load for one person . Will take a lot of a person family time
Good place to work with a good benefits and friendly people.
Different type of work
My day would consist of opening work orders, processing expense reports to be approved by Branch Manager.
Daily entry of technician hours, ensuring all purchase orders, hours, expenses related to a job have been entered, thus allowing closure of job.

Maintaining the "contract base" for Burlington; this consisted of entries of contracts for service to customer's crane equipment, loading contract into system. The "base" was balanced daily/weekly and total information was required prior to the last "month end day" to have budget numbers/amounts entered for final service numbers.

It was interesting to see how cranes were produced/manufactured and learning about the various types of cranes, gantry's, jibs, etc.

A typical day wasn't always typical...you wanted to be sure there was balance between service work but making sure the customer needs were handled, especially when entering of the contracts, getting the information to customer in a timely manner, along with the booklet for their files.

I enjoy dealing with customers, whether it be by phone or in person, even though sometimes there were hiccups to deal with, truly enjoy that aspect of this particular job.
Pros
dealing with the other administrators from across canada
Cons
last week working up to month end, long days
agréable
très bon patron bonne compagnie employer agréable faire appel de service bon en électricité et mécanique
Pros
auto fourni
Cons
aucun