Komatsu logo
Komatsu

Komatsu Employee Reviews

Good money/benefits

Management is hit and miss. The Top level is buddy buddy system and little room for advancement due to this. Overall the benefits package is competitive but the support system is lacking.

Pros

Medical/dental comprehensive

Cons

On call with very little compensation

Team oriented environment good managment

I enjoyed working here for the most part. The branch managers were awesome however the managers bosses were only concerned with saving money and would cut corners and we were under staffed most of the time.

Same thing day in day out

Good people on the floor keeping the company going but office staff or management not very good at getting back to you with answers to your questions and discriminating against floor employees for petty things . Always worried if you have a job especially if you live in Fort mac where everything is expensive. Keep to yourself don't voice your opinion cause you might not be working for long . Good starting point but it doesn't last

Pros

Good experience

Cons

They don't care about they're employees

limited experience

great organization with an uncertain future as a manufacturer. The people are great to work with, however in my experience it is hard to build a life with these types of manufacturing jobs that at any moment can lay you off. Also the shift work is not ideal. and 0.80$ rate for working night shift is not worth the time away from the family.

Good managment

typical day at work is very busy, there is strong support from the senior leadership team and opportunities to advance. Team atmosphere is good. I most enjoy the people I work with

Pros

People

Cons

High expectation for working extra unpaid hours

Lay offs

Very old equipment, feast or famine environment Some long term employees would make new employees lives impossible. Some good people worked there as well. They only hire thru a temp agency and they say you have to work 650 hours before your hired, but talking to employees it can take up to a yr in some cases. Lay offs every December.

Pros

non

Cons

lay offs

Its a nice place to work. Safety is always priority.

Its a nice place to work. nice people, social committee organizing many activities to create team building/communications. Safety is always priority.

full time employee

I'm a full time employee I been there 8 yrs now I enjoy it I am one of the mechanics who are ask to pull a senior roll of any situational I can work by my self or I can work with others I do enjoy it at this company

Great work enviroment

Joy Global is a safe, clean and organized work enviroment. Supervisors are readily available to help if you have any questions or concerns. Co-workers lended a hand when needed. Very amicable place to work.

Productive Line Assembly with great co-workers

Great team, good communication. I worked with one other person. pass each other tools. Unfortunately i was laid off when the market slowed down. If not for that i'd have moved on to apprentice at Joy as an electrician.

Pros

Off at 330

Cons

No Overtime

Jobs at Komatsu

See more jobs

Exciting to see equipment manufactured

I've learned how to manage time and keep myself busy. It is very repetitive though. Every day seems like the same day as the last, new occurrences rarely happen. I enjoy the other workers and everyone is very nice and always willing to help if someone is in need of it. Some of the machinists need to follow the rules and bring item(s) to the expeditor before they take said item(s) and allow the work orders to process before continuing on. Doing so would allow for processes to run more smoothly.

Pros

Good pay, steady shifts

Résolution de problèmes

Un lien solide s'est établi avec mes collaborateurs avec les années. L'esprit d'entraide qui y régnait faisait en sorte que la résolution de problèmes était orienté pour aider la production à mieux performer.

Good Company But Pay Less

Very good company but pay is not very good. job culture is good. Job security is good. People are nice too. Work time is flexible.

Productive and decent place to work

a typical day of work consist of providing assembly floor with the parts to build mining equipment ...dealing with purchasing to ensure parts will meet with production date and deliveries Being the expeditor with Joy Global you basically deal with everyone in the building Hardest part of the job is having too much to do for one person Most enjoyable part of the job is seeing these machines/equipment being assembled and delivered on time

Cons

Lay Offs

Fun

Most of the people were great work was ok. Didn't get along with my boss

Pros

Home every night

Cons

Not enough hours

Good People, no Job Security

I really loved the people I worked with in this location. Some of them became like family to me. I became quite experienced with SAP in my time there. The only thing I did not like was the lack of job security. People were constantly in fear of losing their jobs and it made for a more tense and stressful work environment. The warehouse was also understaffed for close to 6 months.

Pros

Overtime if needed, good people

Cons

Shortstaffed, lack of job security

Work hard, get paid well.

I learned how to build shovels from the ground up. My co-workers were different for all the jobs but in most part we were a team. The weather was the hardest part of job, working in bad weather conditions. Was learning new things about the equipment that we were building. Management was good if they were experienced people the gave you alot of knowledge.

Pros

Good health benefits, and alot of work

Cons

Long hours and away from family for months on end.

Incompetent management

If you are hard working, competent and care about the work you perform, DO NOT APPLY HERE. Cameras watch your every move(which no one explained to me, my co workers pointed them out 3 weeks in) people are fired constantly for petty reasons and morel amongst co-workers is so low that it makes for a terrible work environment.

Pros

Great pay

Cons

Will fire staff on a whim.

Great people to work with, poorly managed.

I really enjoyed my time working at Joy Global. The salary, benefits, co-workers were fantastic. The job were on renewing contracts with no opportunity to contribute to a pension and the management was less than adequate.

Pros

Great salary and co-workers

usine Candiac fermer

Usine qui comptait 250 employés (es), beau produit et bonne qualité. Belle usine moderne.

Pros

Avait un service de repas chaud.

Cons

Fermer.

Good temperary job until you find a more secure job.

Cameras throughout the shop. Big brother is watching. Job application states that you can be fired at anytime for no reason, so you may work there for years and be fired because the new worker doesn't like you or somebody backstabbed you. You will be shown the door with no warning. Also, U.S. management type tactics.

Pros

wages, clean shop & good fellow workers.

Cons

cameras in shop looking over your shoulder. no job security.