Komatsu

Komatsu Work-life balance reviews

Clear
3.9Pay & benefits

Good money/benefits

Management is hit and miss. The Top level is buddy buddy system and little room for advancement due to this. Overall the benefits package is competitive but the support system is lacking.

Pros

Medical/dental comprehensive

Cons

On call with very little compensation

very good

I am working with Edgecam 2019 for cnc programs and solid works to design fixtures for any job need to be done in many set ups attend operators meeting to to discus any kind of difficult they need any update to fit engineering changing using rotary axis to cut many kind of pieces. prepare programs to keep night shift operators busy . in case of rush job I have to stay after hours to finish the rush job on time

Do Not Apply

If you're interested in working for a company that doesn't appreciate any of the sacrifices, extra effort and 100% commitment to your job. This is the Company you're looking for. If you are looking for a job that has zero job security and has no problems cutting your job, go and apply. I do not recommend them at all. They have cut countless jobs for no reason and will continue to ruin lives with their poor business practices.

Cons

No job security

good place to work

In my opinion this was a great place to work good environment great co worker's not much room for self improvement.in my opinion it seems like they would rather outsource for new employment then get there own employees.

Good pay, good benefits, bad management and only offer contintental shift

Decent pay and benefits but the 12 hour continental shift switching from day to night in the same week is too taxing on the body. It is basically making all employees sick. Quality of life on days off is terrible because body is run down.

Pros

Pay, benefits, pension.

Cons

Employees unhappy, people getting sick, shift work taxing on body and mind

limited experience

great organization with an uncertain future as a manufacturer. The people are great to work with, however in my experience it is hard to build a life with these types of manufacturing jobs that at any moment can lay you off. Also the shift work is not ideal. and 0.80$ rate for working night shift is not worth the time away from the family.

Exciting to see equipment manufactured

I've learned how to manage time and keep myself busy. It is very repetitive though. Every day seems like the same day as the last, new occurrences rarely happen. I enjoy the other workers and everyone is very nice and always willing to help if someone is in need of it. Some of the machinists need to follow the rules and bring item(s) to the expeditor before they take said item(s) and allow the work orders to process before continuing on. Doing so would allow for processes to run more smoothly.

Pros

Good pay, steady shifts

Fun

Most of the people were great work was ok. Didn't get along with my boss

Pros

Home every night

Cons

Not enough hours

Work hard, get paid well.

I learned how to build shovels from the ground up. My co-workers were different for all the jobs but in most part we were a team. The weather was the hardest part of job, working in bad weather conditions. Was learning new things about the equipment that we were building. Management was good if they were experienced people the gave you alot of knowledge.

Pros

Good health benefits, and alot of work

Cons

Long hours and away from family for months on end.

Great people to work with, poorly managed.

I really enjoyed my time working at Joy Global. The salary, benefits, co-workers were fantastic. The job were on renewing contracts with no opportunity to contribute to a pension and the management was less than adequate.

Pros

Great salary and co-workers

Jobs at Komatsu