Komatsu

Komatsu Pay & benefits reviews

Clear
3.9Pay & benefits

Good money/benefits

Management is hit and miss. The Top level is buddy buddy system and little room for advancement due to this. Overall the benefits package is competitive but the support system is lacking.

Pros

Medical/dental comprehensive

Cons

On call with very little compensation

Management is awful

You're just a number here and the only way to get recognition is by kissing management butts. The culture is toxic. Management has no clue. Pay and benefits are the only good thing about this place.

Questionable

I do not recommend the sparwood location worked there for a very short time and during that time it was misery. They do not recognize hard work and loyalty instead it is punished. The only way to keep your job is to be a lazy brown noser who throws everyone else under the bus. Whenever I went into the field the sparwood people were always whining about getting a little bit dirty and always giving the other contractors/cleaners a very hard time specially the hard workers aka being total jerks to them and that is being overly nice while praising the lazier brown nosing cleaners. This one location needs better management and people who are motivated to work and get rid of the current rag tag group of whining losers they have now

Pros

Good benefits.

Cons

Too many arrogant workers.

Slightly above average working conditions

Management is strict but fair, willing to talk over any issues that come up. Work environment is good, excellent for safety and your job descriptions are very clear.

Pros

Good wages, health care and clear job descriptions

Good pay, good benefits, bad management and only offer contintental shift

Decent pay and benefits but the 12 hour continental shift switching from day to night in the same week is too taxing on the body. It is basically making all employees sick. Quality of life on days off is terrible because body is run down.

Pros

Pay, benefits, pension.

Cons

Employees unhappy, people getting sick, shift work taxing on body and mind

machinist

good experience, light duties and easy to work with others. Pay should had been a little more and hours were a little hard on the body.but all in all it was a good work experience.

My time at Joy global

The top level management is the biggest problem with this branch. Does not trust anyone to do their job and is always interfering. There is absolutely no team effort, each department fighting with others, each crew slamming and discrediting the other, and to call the people in charge performance leaders would be a gross misuse of the word. The stress levels that are put on good people eventually cause them to leave. From my experience it's an me, me, me attitude in this branch from the top down. The biggest benefit to this place is good pension and benefits that are offered. Take what knowledge you can get and move on if you choose to apply.

Pros

Free lunches and good benefits

Cons

No leadership

Work hard, get paid well.

I learned how to build shovels from the ground up. My co-workers were different for all the jobs but in most part we were a team. The weather was the hardest part of job, working in bad weather conditions. Was learning new things about the equipment that we were building. Management was good if they were experienced people the gave you alot of knowledge.

Pros

Good health benefits, and alot of work

Cons

Long hours and away from family for months on end.

Great people to work with, poorly managed.

I really enjoyed my time working at Joy Global. The salary, benefits, co-workers were fantastic. The job were on renewing contracts with no opportunity to contribute to a pension and the management was less than adequate.

Pros

Great salary and co-workers

usine Candiac fermer

Usine qui comptait 250 employés (es), beau produit et bonne qualité. Belle usine moderne.

Pros

Avait un service de repas chaud.

Cons

Fermer.

Jobs at Komatsu