Komatsu Management reviews

Wasn't for me.
Buyer/P&H/Joy/Procurement (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB9 May 2019
People were nice, but very clicky and always talking about uncertainty. They overwork staff and no OT was allowed, strict with long lunch even when staff is staying 1 or 2 hours after work daily. They don't recognition hard work, its unheard of, favoratism! Management doesn't have the right credentials to lead, no room to grow, broken promises. Health and safety is taken very serious and well maintained.
Pros
Health and safety
Cons
Long unchargeable hours.
I wouldn't recommend Sparwood location not a fun place
Warehouse/Parts Person (Former Employee) –  Sparwood, BC4 May 2019
Lower management (department managers)awesome pretty good people upper management terrible upper management doesn't care just make money winners find a way you know if upper management doesn't like you you're gone.
Pros
Met some great people
Cons
General managers and upper management have no clue, There is rapid favoritism going on with this location .
No good
Welder (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB7 November 2018
Worked at fort mcmurray shop no matter how you worked or how much experience you have if you didnt stroke the managements big ego you were going nowhere
Pros
In town
Cons
Inexperienced young management
This review is only for P&H MinePro and Joy Global
Accounts Payable Administrator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB13 March 2018
I only worked for P&H MinePro and Joy Global for couple years, and when I was there People and management are so nice and it was very enjoyable place to work.
Machisist
Machinist (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON1 March 2018
Good work atmosphere but low quality of management , tooling and direction. Work schedule was hard on body due to shift work being a 2 day then 24hr switch over to do 3 nights .I had a good learning experience on operating boring mill and what needed to be machined on a fully assembled frame. Also had a learning curve on how to flip underground machine frames. Some things that were ill managed was mainly production and what was to be done for the next operation for assembly. All in all I had a good experience learning but did not like the way they managed.
My time at Joy global
Welder (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB18 July 2017
The top level management is the biggest problem with this branch. Does not trust anyone to do their job and is always interfering. There is absolutely no team effort, each department fighting with others, each crew slamming and discrediting the other, and to call the people in charge performance leaders would be a gross misuse of the word. The stress levels that are put on good people eventually cause them to leave. From my experience it's an me, me, me attitude in this branch from the top down. The biggest benefit to this place is good pension and benefits that are offered. Take what knowledge you can get and move on if you choose to apply.
Pros
Free lunches and good benefits
Cons
No leadership
Team oriented environment good managment
Shipper/Receiver (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB20 March 2017
I enjoyed working here for the most part. The branch managers were awesome however the managers bosses were only concerned with saving money and would cut corners and we were under staffed most of the time.
Same thing day in day out
Welder (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB11 March 2017
Good people on the floor keeping the company going but office staff or management not very good at getting back to you with answers to your questions and discriminating against floor employees for petty things . Always worried if you have a job especially if you live in Fort mac where everything is expensive. Keep to yourself don't voice your opinion cause you might not be working for long . Good starting point but it doesn't last
Pros
Good experience
Cons
They don't care about they're employees
Good People, no Job Security
Shipper/Receiver (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB23 October 2014
I really loved the people I worked with in this location. Some of them became like family to me.

I became quite experienced with SAP in my time there.

The only thing I did not like was the lack of job security. People were constantly in fear of losing their jobs and it made for a more tense and stressful work environment. The warehouse was also understaffed for close to 6 months.
Pros
Overtime if needed, good people
Cons
Shortstaffed, lack of job security
Work hard, get paid well.
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Sparwood, BC16 October 2014
I learned how to build shovels from the ground up. My co-workers were different for all the jobs but in most part we were a team. The weather was the hardest part of job, working in bad weather conditions. Was learning new things about the equipment that we were building. Management was good if they were experienced people the gave you alot of knowledge.
Pros
Good health benefits, and alot of work
Cons
Long hours and away from family for months on end.
Incompetent management
Welder (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB29 September 2014
If you are hard working, competent and care about the work you perform, DO NOT APPLY HERE. Cameras watch your every move(which no one explained to me, my co workers pointed them out 3 weeks in) people are fired constantly for petty reasons and morel amongst co-workers is so low that it makes for a terrible work environment.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Will fire staff on a whim.
Great people to work with, poorly managed.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Labrador City, NL7 February 2014
I really enjoyed my time working at Joy Global. The salary, benefits, co-workers were fantastic. The job were on renewing contracts with no opportunity to contribute to a pension and the management was less than adequate.
Pros
Great salary and co-workers
Cons
Good temperary job until you find a more secure job.
Journeyperson Welder (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB, Canada19 September 2012
Cameras throughout the shop. Big brother is watching. Job application states that you can be fired at anytime for no reason, so you may work there for years and be fired because the new worker doesn't like you or somebody backstabbed you. You will be shown the door with no warning. Also, U.S. management type tactics.
Pros
wages, clean shop & good fellow workers.
Cons
cameras in shop looking over your shoulder. no job security.