Komatsu

Komatsu Job security & advancement reviews

Clear
3.3Job security & advancement

Good money/benefits

Management is hit and miss. The Top level is buddy buddy system and little room for advancement due to this. Overall the benefits package is competitive but the support system is lacking.

Pros

Medical/dental comprehensive

Cons

On call with very little compensation

Great employees and enjoy showing up each day

All around great incentive and pay packages. Friendly dynamic and fun place to work. Updated resume only due to lack of work due to covid and been off for a few months.

Pros

Juice and freezes in summer when hot.

Cons

Advancement is hard

Some great co-workers but some VERY bad managment

At the time I was working it was MTI then transitioned to Joy Global. I had a great experience as MTI, very productive and face paced work environment. Unfortunately my manager completely miss represented my work and took credit for most of what I did. Once I addressed this problem, I was let go in short order. A great experience ruined by a few individuals who only cared about their own positions and not integrity.

Do Not Apply

If you're interested in working for a company that doesn't appreciate any of the sacrifices, extra effort and 100% commitment to your job. This is the Company you're looking for. If you are looking for a job that has zero job security and has no problems cutting your job, go and apply. I do not recommend them at all. They have cut countless jobs for no reason and will continue to ruin lives with their poor business practices.

Cons

No job security

good place to work

In my opinion this was a great place to work good environment great co worker's not much room for self improvement.in my opinion it seems like they would rather outsource for new employment then get there own employees.

Challenging work environment

Working with Joy Global is very challenging and rewarding. You are given the opportunity to apply your skills to leading technology in a high stress environment.

limited experience

great organization with an uncertain future as a manufacturer. The people are great to work with, however in my experience it is hard to build a life with these types of manufacturing jobs that at any moment can lay you off. Also the shift work is not ideal. and 0.80$ rate for working night shift is not worth the time away from the family.

Lay offs

Very old equipment, feast or famine environment Some long term employees would make new employees lives impossible. Some good people worked there as well. They only hire thru a temp agency and they say you have to work 650 hours before your hired, but talking to employees it can take up to a yr in some cases. Lay offs every December.

Pros

non

Cons

lay offs

full time employee

I'm a full time employee I been there 8 yrs now I enjoy it I am one of the mechanics who are ask to pull a senior roll of any situational I can work by my self or I can work with others I do enjoy it at this company

Good Company But Pay Less

Very good company but pay is not very good. job culture is good. Job security is good. People are nice too. Work time is flexible.

Jobs at Komatsu

See more jobs

Good People, no Job Security

I really loved the people I worked with in this location. Some of them became like family to me. I became quite experienced with SAP in my time there. The only thing I did not like was the lack of job security. People were constantly in fear of losing their jobs and it made for a more tense and stressful work environment. The warehouse was also understaffed for close to 6 months.

Pros

Overtime if needed, good people

Cons

Shortstaffed, lack of job security

Incompetent management

If you are hard working, competent and care about the work you perform, DO NOT APPLY HERE. Cameras watch your every move(which no one explained to me, my co workers pointed them out 3 weeks in) people are fired constantly for petty reasons and morel amongst co-workers is so low that it makes for a terrible work environment.

Pros

Great pay

Cons

Will fire staff on a whim.

Great people to work with, poorly managed.

I really enjoyed my time working at Joy Global. The salary, benefits, co-workers were fantastic. The job were on renewing contracts with no opportunity to contribute to a pension and the management was less than adequate.

Pros

Great salary and co-workers

Cons

Good temperary job until you find a more secure job.

Cameras throughout the shop. Big brother is watching. Job application states that you can be fired at anytime for no reason, so you may work there for years and be fired because the new worker doesn't like you or somebody backstabbed you. You will be shown the door with no warning. Also, U.S. management type tactics.

Pros

wages, clean shop & good fellow workers.

Cons

cameras in shop looking over your shoulder. no job security.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Komatsu. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3Job security/advancement