Komatsu logo
Komatsu

Komatsu Employee Reviews in Greater Sudbury, ON

Some great co-workers but some VERY bad managment

At the time I was working it was MTI then transitioned to Joy Global. I had a great experience as MTI, very productive and face paced work environment. Unfortunately my manager completely miss represented my work and took credit for most of what I did. Once I addressed this problem, I was let go in short order. A great experience ruined by a few individuals who only cared about their own positions and not integrity.

very good

I am working with Edgecam 2019 for cnc programs and solid works to design fixtures for any job need to be done in many set ups attend operators meeting to to discus any kind of difficult they need any update to fit engineering changing using rotary axis to cut many kind of pieces. prepare programs to keep night shift operators busy . in case of rush job I have to stay after hours to finish the rush job on time

machinist

good experience, light duties and easy to work with others. Pay should had been a little more and hours were a little hard on the body.but all in all it was a good work experience.

Machisist

Good work atmosphere but low quality of management , tooling and direction. Work schedule was hard on body due to shift work being a 2 day then 24hr switch over to do 3 nights .I had a good learning experience on operating boring mill and what needed to be machined on a fully assembled frame. Also had a learning curve on how to flip underground machine frames. Some things that were ill managed was mainly production and what was to be done for the next operation for assembly. All in all I had a good experience learning but did not like the way they managed.

Lay offs

Very old equipment, feast or famine environment Some long term employees would make new employees lives impossible. Some good people worked there as well. They only hire thru a temp agency and they say you have to work 650 hours before your hired, but talking to employees it can take up to a yr in some cases. Lay offs every December.

Pros

non

Cons

lay offs

full time employee

I'm a full time employee I been there 8 yrs now I enjoy it I am one of the mechanics who are ask to pull a senior roll of any situational I can work by my self or I can work with others I do enjoy it at this company

Good Company But Pay Less

Very good company but pay is not very good. job culture is good. Job security is good. People are nice too. Work time is flexible.

Jobs at Komatsu