Komatsu

Komatsu Employee Reviews

Canada38 reviews
Some great co-workers but some VERY bad managment
At the time I was working it was MTI then transitioned to Joy Global. I had a great experience as MTI, very productive and face paced work environment. Unfortunately my manager completely miss represented my work and took credit for most of what I did. Once I addressed this problem, I was let go in short order. A great experience ruined by a few individuals who only cared about their own positions and not integrity.
very good
I am working with Edgecam 2019 for cnc programs and solid works to design fixtures
for any job need to be done in many set ups

attend operators meeting to to discus any kind of difficult they need any update to fit engineering changing

using rotary axis to cut many kind of pieces.

prepare programs to keep night shift operators busy .

in case of rush job I have to stay after hours to finish the rush job on time
Electrical Dept
Backbiting supervision. Management will drop you, at the drop of a hat for the slightest indiscretion. I have seen this happen on multiple occasions to good people. Work is super busy or dead slow. Industry is booming right now, yet tradesmen are sweeping floors here. There is no challenge or rewarding work every to be done. Management will use you as a scapegoat if there are any imperfections found, that being said, both mechanical and electrical work is shotty and I wouldn’t recommend buying one of these machines. Bad news.
Work alone
Coworkers will throw u under bus, mess with your lunch or steal from anything left unlocked, moody workers everywhere, poor workmanship at most levels. All engineering and office staff condescending to floor staff. If you come in at the top of the food chain your fine. Good hours pay is acceptable. Expect to be disrepected regularly. HR protect the company not the employee they are not your friend or helper. There your executioner. Mind your business and talk to noone and youll do fine. Stay silent and dont comment and you will do fine. Noone is your friend everyone will burn you before taking responsibility.. Terrible community.
Wasn't for me.
People were nice, but very clicky and always talking about uncertainty. They overwork staff and no OT was allowed, strict with long lunch even when staff is staying 1 or 2 hours after work daily. They don't recognition hard work, its unheard of, favoratism! Management doesn't have the right credentials to lead, no room to grow, broken promises. Health and safety is taken very serious and well maintained.
Pros
Health and safety
Cons
Long unchargeable hours.
I wouldn't recommend Sparwood location not a fun place
Lower management (department managers)awesome pretty good people upper management terrible upper management doesn't care just make money winners find a way you know if upper management doesn't like you you're gone.
Pros
Met some great people
Cons
General managers and upper management have no clue, There is rapid favoritism going on with this location .
guaranteed fulfillment
I learned a lot about myself and team spirit
My project and personal goal was achieved

Komatsu est moderne, accueillent, ouvert d’esprit et très innovent

Je recommande a toute personne désireux d’évolué rapidement dans ca vie professionnel
Do Not Apply
If you're interested in working for a company that doesn't appreciate any of the sacrifices, extra effort and 100% commitment to your job. This is the Company you're looking for. If you are looking for a job that has zero job security and has no problems cutting your job, go and apply. I do not recommend them at all. They have cut countless jobs for no reason and will continue to ruin lives with their poor business practices.
Cons
No job security
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Komatsu?
good place to work
In my opinion this was a great place to work good environment great co worker's not much room for self improvement.in my opinion it seems like they would rather outsource for new employment then get there own employees.
No good
Worked at fort mcmurray shop no matter how you worked or how much experience you have if you didnt stroke the managements big ego you were going nowhere
Pros
In town
Cons
Inexperienced young management
Slightly above average working conditions
Management is strict but fair, willing to talk over any issues that come up. Work environment is good, excellent for safety and your job descriptions are very clear.
Pros
Good wages, health care and clear job descriptions
This review is only for P&H MinePro and Joy Global
I only worked for P&H MinePro and Joy Global for couple years, and when I was there People and management are so nice and it was very enjoyable place to work.
Good pay, good benefits, bad management and only offer contintental shift
Decent pay and benefits but the 12 hour continental shift switching from day to night in the same week is too taxing on the body. It is basically making all employees sick. Quality of life on days off is terrible because body is run down.
Pros
Pay, benefits, pension.
Cons
Employees unhappy, people getting sick, shift work taxing on body and mind
machinist
good experience, light duties and easy to work with others. Pay should had been a little more and hours were a little hard on the body.but all in all it was a good work experience.
Machisist
Good work atmosphere but low quality of management , tooling and direction. Work schedule was hard on body due to shift work being a 2 day then 24hr switch over to do 3 nights .I had a good learning experience on operating boring mill and what needed to be machined on a fully assembled frame. Also had a learning curve on how to flip underground machine frames. Some things that were ill managed was mainly production and what was to be done for the next operation for assembly. All in all I had a good experience learning but did not like the way they managed.
Joy Global canada review
Good pay, good co-workers, bad communications between branches.
Safety is treated very seriously at joy global, a good thing, but sometimes it's taken too far.
My time at Joy global
The top level management is the biggest problem with this branch. Does not trust anyone to do their job and is always interfering. There is absolutely no team effort, each department fighting with others, each crew slamming and discrediting the other, and to call the people in charge performance leaders would be a gross misuse of the word. The stress levels that are put on good people eventually cause them to leave. From my experience it's an me, me, me attitude in this branch from the top down. The biggest benefit to this place is good pension and benefits that are offered. Take what knowledge you can get and move on if you choose to apply.
Pros
Free lunches and good benefits
Cons
No leadership
Challenging work environment
Working with Joy Global is very challenging and rewarding. You are given the opportunity to apply your skills to leading technology in a high stress environment.
Team oriented environment good managment
I enjoyed working here for the most part. The branch managers were awesome however the managers bosses were only concerned with saving money and would cut corners and we were under staffed most of the time.
Same thing day in day out
Good people on the floor keeping the company going but office staff or management not very good at getting back to you with answers to your questions and discriminating against floor employees for petty things . Always worried if you have a job especially if you live in Fort mac where everything is expensive. Keep to yourself don't voice your opinion cause you might not be working for long . Good starting point but it doesn't last
Pros
Good experience
Cons
They don't care about they're employees
limited experience
great organization with an uncertain future as a manufacturer. The people are great to work with, however in my experience it is hard to build a life with these types of manufacturing jobs that at any moment can lay you off. Also the shift work is not ideal. and 0.80$ rate for working night shift is not worth the time away from the family.