Komatsu

Canada50 reviews

Found 50 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,015 reviews
peoplemanagementpaytimeworkingjobworkgreat

Cliquey with back stabbing

I was very excited to work at Komatsu. It was a clean organized warehouse. The supervisor of the warehouse had his favourite who would smoke with him. Lots of private conversations behind your back in the smoke pit. I worked with a very dominant individual who was not welcoming to adding new members to the team. Was very degrading in their approach to training. I ended up getting let go in my probation period for a “ business decision” It was very confusing since I didn’t get a clear answer. If your going to work for this company the best thing to do is not get your hopes up and watch your back with supervision and certain workers.

Great experience great people

This is a great company to work for your not going to get a better wage pension or shift anywhere. They need to work on the consistency of pay. As they get contracts they often will remove perks like paid travel time to and from site, perdiem rate changes in fort Mac they put you in condos that have no ac and won’t even provide the main necessities. They supply tooling wich is a huge bonus yet one region is super organized while another is the entire opposite. Out of town work is common if the job takes longer then 12 be prepared to take 2 days off wherever your at without pay they have a 12/2 policy. All in all it’s a great company if you can handle the inconsistencies between regions.

Pros

Top wages top benefits and pension

Cons

Inconsistent

Insights into Komatsu

Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Support from manager
  • General feeling of work happiness

No support from management what so ever!

Completely misinformed about what the machining department would do. You could say it isn't a machining department but a few individuals that are required to line bore all the time. Horrible management. No help what so ever to improve machining capabilities.

Backstabbing, toxic

If youre thinking of applying, dont. You will regret it. Constant finger pointing and back stabbing. Management doesn't have a clue, yet love to place blame on others. Run.

Not a great place to work

-Back stabbing , -Cut throat place to work , look out for #1Be prepared to pay for everything yourself Like your own food and flights .-absolutely no direction given . Be prepared to be expected to know everything the first week.

Pros

Decent men

Cons

Non paid flights, no LOA, pay for it all yourself

to much stress with lack of planning

To much stress and lack of planning happening. Overall pay was poor in comparison to other companies in the area. Job security is low as never knowing what is happening with the company.

Bonne environnement de travail

Jai déjà travail chez komatsu au plan de travail à candiac, boul moncalm pendant 6 ans

Adventurous and fun

The internship was productive and constructive the work experience was fruteful enjoying working on their company and especially with their truck bulldozer, Pelle, Ben's truck.

Pros

No lunch

Cons

Normal

Management is awful

You're just a number here and the only way to get recognition is by kissing management butts. The culture is toxic. Management has no clue. Pay and benefits are the only good thing about this place.

Questionable

I do not recommend the sparwood location worked there for a very short time and during that time it was misery. They do not recognize hard work and loyalty instead it is punished. The only way to keep your job is to be a lazy brown noser who throws everyone else under the bus. Whenever I went into the field the sparwood people were always whining about getting a little bit dirty and always giving the other contractors/cleaners a very hard time specially the hard workers aka being total jerks to them and that is being overly nice while praising the lazier brown nosing cleaners. This one location needs better management and people who are motivated to work and get rid of the current rag tag group of whining losers they have now

Pros

Good benefits.

Cons

Too many arrogant workers.

Good money/benefits

Management is hit and miss. The Top level is buddy buddy system and little room for advancement due to this. Overall the benefits package is competitive but the support system is lacking.

Pros

Medical/dental comprehensive

Cons

On call with very little compensation

Great employees and enjoy showing up each day

All around great incentive and pay packages. Friendly dynamic and fun place to work. Updated resume only due to lack of work due to covid and been off for a few months.

Pros

Juice and freezes in summer when hot.

Cons

Advancement is hard

Some great co-workers but some VERY bad managment

At the time I was working it was MTI then transitioned to Joy Global. I had a great experience as MTI, very productive and face paced work environment. Unfortunately my manager completely miss represented my work and took credit for most of what I did. Once I addressed this problem, I was let go in short order. A great experience ruined by a few individuals who only cared about their own positions and not integrity.

very good

I am working with Edgecam 2019 for cnc programs and solid works to design fixtures for any job need to be done in many set ups attend operators meeting to to discus any kind of difficult they need any update to fit engineering changing using rotary axis to cut many kind of pieces. prepare programs to keep night shift operators busy . in case of rush job I have to stay after hours to finish the rush job on time

Electrical Dept

Backbiting supervision. Management will drop you, at the drop of a hat for the slightest indiscretion. I have seen this happen on multiple occasions to good people. Work is super busy or dead slow. Industry is booming right now, yet tradesmen are sweeping floors here. There is no challenge or rewarding work every to be done. Management will use you as a scapegoat if there are any imperfections found, that being said, both mechanical and electrical work is shotty and I wouldn’t recommend buying one of these machines. Bad news.

Work alone

Coworkers will throw u under bus, mess with your lunch or steal from anything left unlocked, moody workers everywhere, poor workmanship at most levels. All engineering and office staff condescending to floor staff. If you come in at the top of the food chain your fine. Good hours pay is acceptable. Expect to be disrepected regularly. HR protect the company not the employee they are not your friend or helper. There your executioner. Mind your business and talk to noone and youll do fine. Stay silent and dont comment and you will do fine. Noone is your friend everyone will burn you before taking responsibility.. Terrible community.

Wasn't for me.

People were nice, but very clicky and always talking about uncertainty. They overwork staff and no OT was allowed, strict with long lunch even when staff is staying 1 or 2 hours after work daily. They don't recognition hard work, its unheard of, favoratism! Management doesn't have the right credentials to lead, no room to grow, broken promises. Health and safety is taken very serious and well maintained.

Pros

Health and safety

Cons

Long unchargeable hours.

I wouldn't recommend Sparwood location not a fun place

Lower management (department managers)awesome pretty good people upper management terrible upper management doesn't care just make money winners find a way you know if upper management doesn't like you you're gone.

Pros

Met some great people

Cons

General managers and upper management have no clue, There is rapid favoritism going on with this location .

guaranteed fulfillment

I learned a lot about myself and team spirit My project and personal goal was achieved Komatsu est moderne, accueillent, ouvert d’esprit et très innovent Je recommande a toute personne désireux d’évolué rapidement dans ca vie professionnel

Do Not Apply

If you're interested in working for a company that doesn't appreciate any of the sacrifices, extra effort and 100% commitment to your job. This is the Company you're looking for. If you are looking for a job that has zero job security and has no problems cutting your job, go and apply. I do not recommend them at all. They have cut countless jobs for no reason and will continue to ruin lives with their poor business practices.

Cons

No job security

good place to work

In my opinion this was a great place to work good environment great co worker's not much room for self improvement.in my opinion it seems like they would rather outsource for new employment then get there own employees.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Komatsu. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement