Kohl & Frisch

Kohl & Frisch Employee Reviews

Canada65 reviews
Friendly, family run business, room to advance, pay rate below average, great location, growing industry, lots of parking, must be self motivated and organized.
Pros
Cons
Pay rate
Some great people at work, but the hourly wage is really not what you need to survive in Kingston, especially with rising costs across Ontario. Very repetitive work, but not that bad. Night shift is tough and hard to adjust to.
J'ai eu 4 ans d'expérience avec eux et apprendre davantage à maîtriser certaine chose et aussi à travailler davantage et résoudre des problèmes ect
My experience at Kohl & Frisch was good as they have good work/ life balance. Salaries are reasonable and the environment is not stressful. Good place to work.
Not a bad place to work would recommend this place to my friends it is a fast pace but once you catch on it is doable and then give you enough time to learn
Stay away from this company if you have a dream of growth. I am not sure if upper management knows what going on but the culture inside is "It doesn't matter what you know, what matter is who you know." The warehouse is full of incompetent people (Management). They don't care about their people. They only see us as a number/slave that they could replace anytime they want. As long as they get what they want, you won't matter to them anymore. It is not fun working here, there's no security and stability. There are people who have been working there for 10years and have not been offered yet a full-time status. If you're to ask me why I'm still there? Well, I want to try and change that culture until I can. I got nothing bad to say about the company, but just to the people who manage it. I believe that this company could still be fixed. Eliminate those leeches inside and replace them with more fit and competent talents/leaders. Also, the office people don't seem to be comfortable around warehouse people. It seems like they look down on us. FYI, these warehouse people are the backbone of the company and some of them have degrees and licenses as well. You're just lucky coz you got a connection that's why you landed a job in the office.
A typical day at work consisted of picking for eight hours and exceeding your score. It can very competitive which is the fun part. The management was very understanding.
The place was good to work at and was fully trained and pay was really good and people were nice! Management was good and the employees were super friendly and employees help a lot!
The company is great and the benefits are really really good. The job where I worked in was light and easy. It easy job..and wonderful. I'm doing inventory too..
Good management and helping staff you will enjoy your work at this company. salary at this company is very good and getting job at this company is lucky.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Kohl & Frisch?
Working for this company was a very challenging experience for me. It was a fast-paced environment, where work had to be done very accurately and timely.
Although physically challenging, I loved working there, because my desire was really to give the best of myself to our customers; and to find the appropriate solutions to all they needed.
J'ai pris beaucoup de choses au domaine du produits pharmaceutiques
Pros
J'apprends tous ce que qui concerne les produits pharmaceutiques
Cons
Les gens qui ont un permis de travail peux pas être des permanent
Very difficult to advance
Very difficult to move out of customer service to other departments

Very strict top management that does not greet employees

Strict high volume call centre work
Pros
Great team of co-workers
Cons
Very depressing, unhappy place. No future or growth opportunity.
This company runs off the exploitation of part time workers without having to hire full time and provide benefits. This company will find any way to exploit their non full time workers. The manual labor got more and more intense in a span of 5 years with part timers being forced to do tasks requiring forklifts. Many of the workers including full timers complained about having and/or developing back and other muscular problems due to the amount of labour/hand bombing involved.
Many individuals in management make the job and environment a depressing place to be.
Pros
Early start times, a lot of good people, overtime, decent starting wage.
Cons
Management, too much manual labour, dangerous forklift drivers
i have worked there for 6 years
i had great hours i was working full time

it is a great work environment

we used to get free lunches

my experience working there was great
Working at this company, has increased my knowledge of knowing things related to the field of pharmaceutical products. It taught me how to work as a team player, to be observant of even the smallest detail, to be attentive and cautious on the job that was trusted to me, to put our clients first, giving them the best assistance, and to have respect for my superiors and my co-workers.
Cons
Very tiring job
Kohl & Frisch takes care of its own. The organization takes great pride in providing opportunities to its loyal staff, and providing the best possible service to its customers.

It takes a certain kind of employee to thrive there (intelligent, confident, honest and customer focused). But for those who add value to the business, there is plenty of room to shine.
Pros
Flexible work-life balance, good benefits
Cons
A lot of departments are segmented. Feels like separate companies working under 1 name.
I enjoyed the company of the staff members there, I got a very good and strong experience of picking, packing, auditing and stocking in those 13 years I worked there for. The hardest part of working there was they would change my shift every year two times and it would mess up the schedule of dropping off my kids to school.
Pros
The staff members that worked with me were very kind and nice
Cons
The shift time was changed a lot
Team oriented and immersive work life.
Relaxed environment to work in, provide new ways to learn how to approach a problem.

Managers are always there to help you with your problem.
was interviewed by the customer service manager. she seems very unorganized.
was asked 3 inappropriate questions before job was offered.

1. are you bilingual?

2. do you have a girlfriend?

3. can you start on a specified date?

first impressions was that the work environment was very laid back. no dress code.

trainer made a lot of very derogatory remarks towards women.

their was a lot of "I don't know" answers.

lasted a week in training before resigning.
Pros
people work there
Cons
very close minded
bon job mais le management organise mal leur commande et tout le tout ya des changement a la dernière minute , y'a pas de coordination entre les 3 quart de travaille
Pros
bon environnement de travail
Cons
bcp d heur suplementaire non prevue