Kognitive Marketing Management reviews

Very Bad
Field Marketing Representative (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON14 December 2014
Pros: It's a great learning experience if you are seeking an entry level job. Helps you to get into sales.

Con: Very challenging job. You have to meet the quotas to keep the job. If you having a shift coming up, the management may change the location/time of the shift during the last second, even though you have planned everything out a few days before your shift takes place. The company doesn't pay correctly either. More often than not, you are paid less than 50% of the wage you deserve. And you also have to work very long hours, and travel a long way to get to your workplace.

Overall: Would not recommend to anyone. If you don't have any prior sales experience, you can work there for a couple of months. But then you should really just leave and go somewhere else.
Worst management....ever.
Financial Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB9 December 2014
This the worst managed company I have ever worked for in my life. They threaten your shifts and your job as "motivation" to get more sales. Worked there for a year, and on average I'd say every third pay cheque had an error. Always offered bonuses for getting extra sales and never actually giving them to you until you annoy them for months. Gave employees TWO DAYS NOTICE, and close to Christmas, that their booth was shutting down and they'd be out of jobs. Wouldn't give an employee two weeks severance and only gave one week because they were short 3 days of being there for a year. They talk bad about other employees to their coworkers. Management is told that the employees are just numbers. All that matters is the sales numbers. Employees are disposable to them. The only good thing about working here is if you can get the numbers and put up with getting treated poorly, the money is good. Everything else sucks. HR even called all the employees and asked them to put up a positive review of the company, so that's probably where the only good reviews are coming from.
Pros
Money
Cons
Everything else
NEVER work here, you will have your money stolen from you
FIELD MARKETING REP (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON17 November 2014
This was the WORST job in the world. Everyone lies, the hours are horrible, and THEY DON'T PAY YOU WHAT YOU ARE OWED. All of the positive reviews are from people who work at head office, I was told. This company is violating so many labor laws.
It's a Flexible, Frustrating and Thankless Job
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC29 September 2014
Sure, you can tailor your hours to your needs. So long as you make sales, you can pick your shifts. But that still means hauling your butt to a far off suburb for a shift every now and then, rain or shine. It's still proposing a high interest credit card to blasé customers and being refused nine times out of ten. It's still never receiving commission because you need to make twelve sales a day every day for two weeks, which is incredibly difficult and rarely seen. It's still knowing that the bank will rake in thousands of bucks for every activated card while you receive minimum wage.

The supervisors try to make it easier. They know they have to, otherwise people would leave after the first week. They're supportive and want what's best for their team, but management is the real pain. Those higher ups will be harsh and will expect high sales numbers no matter the weather or station location. They also seem to keep the exact formula for commission a secret as long as possible. There is very little room for advancement and management will take advantage of those who do want to advance.

It's a hard job. It's frustrating. But, if you don't take it too seriously and approach every person in a friendly, jocular manner, it's bearable. You learn how to speak to people off the cuff and make small talk. Sales is a harsh domain to work in, definitely a challenge that's not for the anxiety stricken and shy. Yet, it will help you get over that same shyness.
Is this company from a skit on Punk'd?
Event Representative (Former Employee) –  Niagara, ON31 August 2014
If you enjoy being yelled at, lied to and not getting paid on time/the correct amount, then this is the company for you! Sure, it seems like you'll be making decent pay, but you are literally making minimum wage to have Canadian Tire customers (and sometimes employees) scream at you. You work 10-12 hours + a day (sometimes management decides last minute you need to stay even longer, or sends you to drive to a different city!) with only one 30 minute break. Getting your schedule two days before you were expected to drive 1.5 hours away (with NO gas compensation, ever) was really fun. And so was being lied to in the contract about vacation pay!

4/5 people on my team quit at the same time. If that doesn't turn you away from this joke of a company, I don't know what will!
Pros
the feeling I got when I quit (and told management where to go)
Cons
everything
Some great aspects, some poor aspects
In-Office Position (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 August 2014
As the title says, there are some great points about Kognitive and some poor points that definitely need to be improved.

Great:
(1) The culture and the people. I have met some of the best people while working here. Lots of energy, they're hungry to succeed, and want to make a real change and impact different things within the company.
(2) Giving everyone a chance. Kognitive gives everybody a chance to see if the sales/marketing field is for them. If you're looking to get in at the ground-level, Kognitive is definitely a good place to start.
(3) Upwards Mobility. Lots of entry-level representatives have actually grown into Sales Managers, Recruitment Coordinators, and lots of other in-office roles. The ability to grow is very real.

Poor:
(1) Management. There is a ton of problems with the managers in-field. Retention is a big issue and there are situations with managers coming down too hard on representatives. You need to be patient at times and be able to take criticism.
(2) The Job. Promotion credit cards is a hard gig. However, if you can do a great job at CC sales, you can pretty much sell anything.
(3) Pay: Admittedly, there are issues with pay at times. Being able to hit commission targets can be quite difficult too. You definitely have to work hard in order to hit the targets set for you and need to be calm with the payroll department if a paycheck is incorrect.

Overall, Kognitive definitely has some major issues they are currently addressing, but they are working hard to improve and hopefully make things more enjoyable for all employees. Definitely a good
  more... place for a starting entry-level job if you're just getting out of school or starting a new career. Give them a shot.  less
Pros
Upwards Mobility, Employee Culture
Cons
Management, Pay Issues
All your works are volunteer
Financial Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 August 2014
12 is a magic number for them. They don't care if you lie to or mislead customers, they just want you to get 12+ applications a day. There's numbers of customers don't even know what they signed up are credit cards and the "protection features" charges them $5 a month even they don't use the card.
Never trust their promises. They told me that for every KM you drove on your own car, they compensate you. It turns out you drive 1000+ kms a week to work and spending your own money.
A typical week is 40 hours work. On the biweekly paycheque, you are only paid around $500. And this is very common. After you ask them to fix your pay, they keep promising you to fix it but it never happens.
Just think about it, why Kognitive keeps hiring new people if it is a good company. It bc their employees quit all the time.
As long as you have any other options, stay FAR FAR FAR FAR AWAY from this company.
Pros
Guaranteed long hours
Cons
Hardly pay correctly, lie/mislead customers, get yelled at customers and managers
Trust the reviews and NEVER work there!
Field Marketing Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 August 2014
Read bad reviews all over. They are 100% true. I thought probably it is their competitors who post them or just lazy employees who are not ready to work their butt off. NO NO NO. This job is the worst job ever. Management cares only about meeting their outrageous goals and they don't give a ... about how their employees are feeling... And they teach you to lie to people while selling mastercards... Now I know so many scam tricks you can't even imagine. I just started and I already cried like 3 times cause standing for 8 hours, getting constant pressure from the "cool guys" in management team and watching customers being so mean to you is really exhausting...! Can't wait to quit. However I must confess I've never had any problems with payroll. So if you are a robot.. who wants to make a bit above minimum wage... go there n work but otherwise STAY FAR FAR AWAY!
Pros
money, flexibility in scheduling
Cons
everything else
Review: In-Field Manager
Regional Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 June 2014
Typical Day:
-training new employees
-organizing logistics of events
-working in-field with supervisors and representatives to drive sales
-making coaching calls
-analyzing data and reports to create business development proposals

What I learned:
-time management
-creating a team culture and inspiration
-how to successfully recruit
-projecting sales targets
-creating goals

Hardest Part:
-long hours

Most Enjoyable Part:
-company culture
Pros
Employee benefits
Cons
Long hours and a lot of traveling
My Experience
Field Marketing Representative (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON14 June 2014
I won't discuss in further detail but to anyone considering accepting your job offer, here's my advice:

I was like you. I saw the negative reviews. I was confident and determined. You make your experience to whatever you want it to be. I called management and discussed my concerns, they put my mind at ease with their charm.

I was wrong. Get out while you can. Don't look back.

P.S that commission they promise you? It doesn't exist. Clock your own hours, you'll see.
Great Career Opportunity
Kognitive Marketing - Corporate Trainer (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON10 June 2014
I have been with Kognitive Marketing for the past 2+ years and I cant even begin to explain the amount of opportunities I've had to further my career in marketing. Over the course of my time here, I've seen drastic changes to excel in making the work/life balance for all employees significantly better across the company as a whole. I've be given the opportunity to work on multiple program's and gain knowledge and experience in the financial industry, not only as a Field Marketing Representative, but also as many mid-level and upper management roles as well. Upward mobility is by far the greatest asset Kognitive has to offer the hard working job seeker.

The company culture is second to none. I have never worked in place where your co-workers are like a second family.

My overall experience so far has been great. The opportunities are there for those who strive for them. I look forward to being a part of this company as we change the way the world sees marketing.
Pros
Travel, Pay, Experience, Opportunity, Culture, Benefits, Staff Socials
excellent place to work.
Field Representative (Former Employee) –  London, ON29 May 2014
Kognitive over all is a great place to work and the management team is awesome. however there was no chance for advancement and no benefit package. The Team however was great to work with.
Pros
Great Team environment
Cons
no benefits
Fun job and good field management Team
Field Marketing Representative (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB13 March 2014
I enjoyed it.

Good co-workers.

Good management.

Intense position.

All about people skill.
Terrible company to work for
Field Marketing Representative (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON16 February 2014
This was by far the most unprofessional, and poorly managed company I have every worked for. A typical day would be trying to sell people credit cards. However it took two months for someone to call me back after hiring me to set up training. Everyone in the management sector of this company is young and has no idea what they are doing. The communication within the company is almost non existent. They expect you to travel to different cities even if you have no car and they are almost always changing your schedule at a moment's notice or messing it up. The pay was good but only if they didn't mess it up which they did for me almost every pay check and they promise you activation bonuses for every person that activates their card but the money never comes. The company treats their employees very badly. The hardest part of the job is trying to deal with all the weekly mess ups like schedule and pay while still trying to stay positive and uplifted enough to go to work and deal with angry people who don't want to get a credit card, and being yelled at if you don't get as many people as they want you to, to sign up. The only good thing about this job was my co workers were awesome people which really helped a lot. But I seriously do no recommend that anyone ever work for this company. They do not know what they're doing and it is very poorly managed.
poorly managed, difficult, emotionally and physically exhausting
Field Marketing Agent (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 February 2014
Under no circumstance should anyone work for this company. The management is a joke; they have zero people skills and treat their employees extremely poorly, despite the field agents bringing in the entirety of the revenue.
No one has any idea what anyone else is doing within the company; you are given conflicting instructions on a regular basis.
When I quit, I was spoken to as a criminal, as someone being fired. Also, pay issues. No one ever gets paid properly. You have to keep careful track of your own income, or they will get away with stealing money from you,

And all of this on top of trying to sell people credit cards.

For your own sake, if they ever offer you a job, just say no. Never work for a company where an HR department is a NEW development.
Pros
Coworkers, client employees
Cons
everything else
sloppy
Event Marketing Rep (Current Employee) –  London, ON19 January 2014
consistently messed up on my pay / payed me late. Unorganized company with poor upper management. Most employees were great some not so much . Great work environment
Pros
good hours
Cons
dont pay for all hours worked
An inexperienced company.
Sales (Former Employee) –  Calgary11 November 2013
In breach of labour rights/laws in Toronto and Alberta. Unorganized management. If you research, this companies executives have no previous experience in management all sales with little to no experience. Letter of Job offer is not a valid employment offer and does not specify the terms and conditions, rate of pay, scheduling etc. Stay far away this company is not worth anyones time, they are simply a joke.

Major problem with Nepotism between their CFO and Human resources - They are Married. The human resources officer has no previous searched employment record to even prove she is capable of managing this company and labour relations legislation.

Complaints internally with missed pay periods. Overall, pretty unorganized with no company value or structure.

This company does not bring value to any business. If they actually felt they had a strong model, their competition clause would follow a standard of two years, not three months.

If you are looking to build with a company, this is not a place for anyone.
Cons
An unprofessional joke! Stay far far away!
FMR (Field Rep) (Current Employee) –  London, ON7 September 2013
If I could give this company 0 stars, I would! The company is run by a bunch of immature, unprofessional kids who threaten you with "strikes" constantly if you do not listen to them or meet quota daily. A new employee is posted in a Canadian Tire store and tries to get customers to sign up for the Canadian Tire Options Mastercard. The quota is 12 apps/sign-ups per shift and if you do not meet it, the people you are reporting to will degrade you and call you names over text message. They will also try and force you to work overtime and threaten you with a "strike" if you don't get to the magical number of 12.

At head office in our region, no one knows what is going on. There are constant issues with scheduling and pay. You will frequently be scheduled for an entire week in a region that is 1 hr to 1.5 hrs away from your house (3 total hrs in driving). There is no compensation for travel or gas, and if you refuse to take the shift, they will just threaten you with a "strike" or give you one flat out. Oh, and don't expect to be paid on time or for the correct amount... Even when you provide the company with the proper evidence to correct your pay issue, don't expect it done in a timely matter. And to put the icing on the cake, sometimes you will drive to a store, only to find out that the store has no supplies, which you need to do your job. If you text or call someone about this matter, they will simply tell you to drive to another store and pick the supplies up you need. Don't feel like doing it? You guessed it.... Another "strike".

I cannot understand how
  more... a company like this exists in today's day and age. Stay far far far far far away!  less
Pros
None!
Cons
Everything!
Bad Management, Liars
Financial services sales representative (Current Employee) –  GTA18 August 2013
When I applied, the site said they would give me 16.50 per hr, commission. Turns out the the base pay is 10.25, and if your commission equals more than your base pay for the day, they will remove base pay and only give your commission.

They also have bad management too. One person will tell you to go to, say Toronto, while another will tell you to go to Oakville, on the same day. There seem to be little or no communications between field managers.

I also asked for a day off, they told me in the beginning they can give it to me, turns out the new guy will not, I complained to the people that said I can, but at the end , they would just say its not their job to schedule me. If the guy said no, its a no unless u negotiate with them which I tried already and he said no.

They also tried to schedule me to work 7 days in a row with no over time until I complained, but they still gave me 6 days in a row. I mean how can they do this, you will lose your voice after like 2 -3 days.

It not really much of a team environment either, my job is to pitch Canadian Tire Credit Cards to customers at any Canadian Tire stores. You are basically sent to a store by yourself with no co-workers to talk to. All you do is to talk to angry customers who wants nothing to do with you because NO ONE WANTS ANOTHER CREDIT CARD IN THIS ECONOMY. Don't get me wrong, there are some nice customers that would ask you for your pay and sign up just to help you out with your commission. But you honestly would feel terrible after a day with people yelling at your and insulting u or ignoring u. and that's
  more... like 60% of the customers .

They also told me they will schedule me LOCALLY, Nope nope nope, scheduled me an hr and a half away in the middle of no where, almost at the end of the next city. If they tell you local? don't believe them, they are just liars.

You are also almost not guarantee a lunch everyday or breaks unless you make the 12/ day quotas, 8 hr shift, no break, no lunch. That's gonna burn anyone out, it is stressful getting that quota and they always expects you to get more. Good luck to anyone who tries to get that in a bad economy.

I've only been here for a little bit over a week and I thinking of quitting, and think about how much problems I've encountered since I went into this company and it's only been a week! I would recommend nobody to come here to work unless you can handle being yelled at 8 hrs in a row and be on your feet all day. And able to deal with confusing management.
Pros
pays for your training
Cons
Anrgy customer, no team, bad management, lying about pay
wheres my money
Floor sales (Former Employee) –  London, ON10 July 2013
it was an alright job but the management is bad . base pay is 10.25
I was top sales so I would make $15-$21(h) depending on the week.
I would pitch credit cards to customers at Canadian tire
the co workers.were upset I was doing so well so they came up with
a scheme to get me out of the company. the people that work there
are not professional. Im sure they owe me money aswell for vacation pay and screw-ups on my cheques if they keep doing the same to people then I think kognitive well go obsolete
Pros
make your own money, travel
Cons
the people the company and there business

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kognitive Marketing. Our community is ready to answer.