Koch Industries Employee Reviews

Stressful
IT Specialist (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KS4 August 2018
In the IT departments of any company it can be stressful. This definitely applies to Koch Industries IT (KBS). Working nonstop on ALL subsidiary companies of Koch.
Large company with lots of resources.
Contracts Administrator (Former Employee) –  Enid, OK1 August 2018
I loved my job at Koch. I was given a lot of freedom and was able to create the role I was hired to do. I loved the travel and training. A lot of training and mentorship.
Good workplace environment
Loading and Storage (Current Employee) –  Enid, OK28 July 2018
Great place to work with good quality people. Care about you and your family and making sure that you go home safe each and everyday. Always willing to help with whatever they’re employee needs
Koch Beef Secretary
Department Secretary (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KS 6722024 July 2018
This was not a very good place to work. I supported two executives plus four cattle - day traders. They were very snobby people. They did have top of the line computers, etc.
Pros
Computer Lab
Cons
Low pay
Former Employee Review
Project Lead (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GA18 July 2018
The company provided many opportunities for growth if you were accepting of the work challenges. The opportunities obtained made you very marketable in the work world. I've been able to work and lead many projects, take on supervisor roles, learn a new HRIS system, etc. The teams were extremely supportive. The company wants employees to think like entrepreneurs.

The hardest part of the job was the amount of work responsibilities became extremely taxing if you were the one leading the majority of the projects for your organization. Work life balance became very difficult.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the experiences I obtained and the relationships developed between the various businesses from labor relations, payroll, shared service teams along with the outside vendors responsible for our benefits.
Pros
Flexible work schedule
Cons
Too many meetings, work load, not balance
Dedicated Work Environment
Endpoint Architecture Analyst (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KS11 July 2018
Koch Industries is a fast paced environment challenging you to be prepared to adapt to new scenarios and overcome new obstacles to provide the best value for the company.
fast paced work environment
Safety Specialist (Former Employee) –  Zachary, LA10 July 2018
management at the Facility level uses the MBM guiding principles to foster talent resources that will eventually lead the company into new processes and technology.
Pros
great pay / benenifts
Cons
promotion opportunitys are limited unless willing to relocate
offers many different benefits
Accounting Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KS8 July 2018
The benefits offered by Koch are a large incentive for those that work there. There are discounts on items ranging from new vehicles to travel to cell phones.
Work Life Balance
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GA6 July 2018
Long hours not great with work life balance. Raises are not given each year, Benefits are okay. Team work environment. Review 360 can be better with the process.
Fire Watch (Former Employee) –  Enid, OK5 July 2018
Nice place work for I enjoyed being part of team I work well with others lots great workers who works hard provide for family a lot is away from family trying make a living
Pros
Cons
Only lunch breaks
Best employer
Accounting Intern (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GA30 June 2018
The company is driven by its mission. The co-workers lift you up instead of pushing you down. They help you get through anything and everything. I would totally go back to work here if I could.
Client Technology Technician (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GA23 June 2018
Nice place to work. Good people with a relax environment. The deskside support should come to support the staff. They use technology to work efficient.
Pros
Downtown location
Cons
Have to pay for parking
Process Operator
Process Technician (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TX22 June 2018
KOCH was a great place to work. My coworkers were amazing. You could count on them for anything. The job overall was great, the company took care of you. They preach "honesty and integrity in everything you do" which is something I personally live by to this day. The pay wasn't that amazing comparatively to other jobs in the field.
Pros
Great work place
Cons
Low salary
Excellent Culture
SECURITY OFFICER (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KS20 June 2018
I thoroughly enjoy the culture at Koch. It is a work environment that constantly engages you to think and challenge the status quo. As an organization, they are constantly striving to improve and remain ahead of the competition.
Good company
CORROSION TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  South Texas20 June 2018
It has been many years since I worked at Koch and it was good at that time but do not know how it is anymore. I learned a lot early in my career there.
Very busy workplace, wearing multiple hats to get the job done.
Team Lead - Sr. Client Technology Technician (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GA18 June 2018
A typical day of work may include at least one or two meetings, working on reports, managing a team of technicians, speaking with business partners and ensuring team members are properly trained.
Hypocritical Management
Facilities Accounting Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WI16 June 2018
Upper management preaches their management philosophy but do not follow it. Then try to hold their subordinates to the philosophy and make up nonexistent reasons why the subordinates are in the wrong.
Very Cliquey
Tax Analyst (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KS14 June 2018
Good company to work for, compensation is average, work life balance is adequate, not a bad experience. However, the department is so cliquey, it's not what you know, it's who you're friends with. There are directors who know less about tax laws than me (a staff level), and yet the managers who taught me everything I know got pass over for promotions and ended up leaving the company.
Pros
Good stable company, opportunities to learn
Cons
BS skills get you further than technical skills
Tax Analyst (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KS12 May 2018
Good job experience. Traveling was not much for me. Provided lots of opportunities for training. In house promotions are prevalent. work place culture was good.
Strong business culture focused on creating value through its products
Process Engineer (Former Employee) –  Beatrice, NE8 May 2018
The process engineering role involved daily plant health monitoring with the goal of optimizing plant production and reliability. Role involved looking through relevant data to identify missed opportunities and help find identify potential process issues before they occurred. The job involved a lot of on-site learning, and all the coworkers showed a great collaborative spirit to help each other out.
Pros
Solid feeling of teamwork and collaboration
Cons
Sometimes unpredictable schedule during plant upsets

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Koch Industries. Our community is ready to answer.