Koch Industries

Koch Industries Employee Reviews

Canada18 reviews
The potential for tons of overtime, and decent pay for Brandon. Management heavy, and if I wasn't hourly, I wouldn't work there. The morale amongst union employees is lower than I think it should be.
An Excellent and most cultured organisation to work with.All technically competitive jobs and a very quality aspects are followed in Toto.. A highly professional team of engineers and technicians.A varieties of automation in welding and fabrication.A great monopoly for twisted tube heat exchangers manufacturing
Wonderful employer, and I'd love to go back and work there but a Red Seal certification is required, which I do not have. Otherwise I would go back there in a second.
Koch Glitsch Canada was a good company to work for and the project was a success. I was responsible for inspection services and quality reporting at the site level.
Do you research as you apply to Koch in Toronto.
There are quite a few ex employees you can find in social media, ask them what their time at Koch was like.

IF you join Koch, make sure to ask employees what happened to your predecessor, and how long they lasted.

When that is out of the way, focus on the job.

Make sure to do as much as you can in writing, the formal systems in this place are very weak. In case of dispute the longer employee wins. Even if people resist, you must persevere keeping things in writing. The emails get erased every 3 months, so print out and keep emails that are critical to your survival. Cut no corners, follow the rules even if people ask you nicely to cut corners.

Many processes here almost predate computers, so get ready for a lot of manual and paper operations that will need your full attention. Don't rely on someone else, or "the system" to spot things for you.

Don't try to change anything for the better, instead focus on doing your job in full compliance, and on-time. The culture here is not about change for the better.
Pros
Location is easy to access incl by transit and highways. Pay is average for office people.
Cons
Turnover in office staff is high. There are 2 sets of rules: official, and unofficial (it takes time to dig the unofficial).
This is a very upstanding company. They strive to always improve all aspects of the work environment & adhere to all environmental & safte practices. Always have a open door policy to meet with workers & contractor
Good company treated employees very good hours were good.Typical day would include loading semis with fertilizer and unloading railcars in the storage tanks
Enjoy speaking with people at all levels within management and workers out in the field.
My position calls for a self starter,and getting the buy in from operations personnel.
Pros
Easy drive to work
Cons
Long hours during turnarounds
- The Management culture ensures mutual respect for all staff members irrespective of color or race.
- A typical days work is 10-12 hours.

- Safety 1
Pros
Good money
Cons
Away from family
Koch was an interesting company to work for. It was high paced and fast action. There was a great vibe to the work we were doing at that time in heavy oil.
Koch Glitsch is regularly a very busy place to work, which is great, I love to stay busy at work. Always different with the different custom jobs that we make.
Performing rounds and talking with the guys. I used to be a plant operator so I have a good working relationship with most personnel including contractors. They see me as approachable, trustworthy,and reliable out in the field or in the office.
Pros
International Travel
Cons
Koch Glitsch's Uxbridge facility has been a small town, stable employer for over 50 years. They strive to be their customers' first choice for new and replacement parts in the petroleum industry by providing a safe work environment and quality products delivered on time world-wide. Excellent opportunities to gain experience cutting, forming and welding a wide range of materials both common and exotic. Entry level and skilled trade positions offer competitive wages and benefit package. Both day and afternoon shifts also offer over time hours.
Learnt a lot at KOCH fertilizer with all types of instruments and valves. Great group of guys to work with.
Pros
learnt a lot, good overtime, good group of people
Cons
Koch Fertilizer Canada ULC part of Koch Industries was a very structured organization with great documentation and care for all business aspects. It was a very interesting plant to work in with a lot of people on hand with great experience whom were all willing to share their knowledge and help junior team members excel and grow.
Pros
Friendly atmosphere and lots of various backgrounds/
Cons
No overtime, long hours
I was happy with my job, did get alog with co-workers. Enjoyed my job so much.
Pros
perdim
Cons
long hrs.
I worked nights so i got there at 3:00 started at 3:30. Talked to the floor supervisor to see what was going on for the day. I use to be all over the shop working in different departments with my old supervisor cause he knew i was smart and picked up on things fast. So i would always be doing something different. With him i would run many machines from presses and cnc machines even did a bit of welding and worked in inspection the odd time cause i was one out of a few that could read the prints. Then that supervisor went to another job at another company because he got sick of the poor management and the way employees were treated. So we got a new supervisor from days he was a nice guy but i started being put in press department every day instead of being used in more useful ways when they knew i could do the job. so my job became very tedious i would push a few buttons and watch a machine run for 10 hours straight.... not a good job at all! I honestly can say there was nothing hard about the job. you could run a machine for an hour and have it down pat. the cnc machines were more complex and took some learning but like anything else there after a week or two its all just button pushing. i spoke with management numerous times about moving up in the company even had many of the employees and supervisors put in requests for me to move up cause i was a fast learner and already knew what to do in other departments the main boss had made so many promises and nothing happened within the two years i worked there. Also what would frustrate me after wanting to move into other positions - more...
Pros
?
Cons
too many to list
I always learn new things every day. Its a very challenging job and one has to work really hard to cope up for this job. Have to meet timelines and learn side by side. Overall its a very good and learning experience.
Pros
great learning