Knowledge First Financial

environmentemployeecompanygoodmanagementpeoplegreatwork

Great place

Featured review

Knowledge First Financial selected this as a representative review
All good, great place to work, great people, good job security, fast paced, you can learn a lot, management is easy to approach, great opportunities,

Not fun

Nothing to say but when they laud you no rescpect for the years spent thereNothing more to say. Sweat shop and treat workers unequaly benefit very low

Insights into Knowledge First Financial

What people like
  • Supportive environment
  • Inclusive work environment
Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Overall satisfaction
  • General feeling of work happiness

Unprofessional

Schedule gets changed every 3 months so you can be stuck with a terrible shift (12-8) for 3 months straight. No work life balance at all. Management is all over the place. They act like they’re there for you but arent.

Fun workplace, relaxed atmosphere

It is a fun and relaxed atmosphere. You are given an opportunity to develop your personal growth, trained to work with professionalism as well as help you to enjoy your work through different activities. You are rewarded for your effort and hard work.

Good pay, learning opportunities for those who want it.

Decent place to work at. Fast Paced. Some managers were good, others not so much. Lots of learning opportunities. The people that you worked with made it a great place to work.

Worked for a short period of time but love the people and the management, very helpful and kind.

Lover working for the people. An RESP company, good training, a lot of helpful people. Would love to join back if given a chance. They provide with laptop and headphones with a bag pack. Also, the office is so beautiful.

Pros

Work from home

Trips, bonuses and prizes

I am a current sales rep with the organization, sales support team is excellent, management is customer oriented, try to solve all problems promptly, customers come first, one previous rep complained above that we have to pay for the license. We pay to the OSC, ombudsman etc. as we are highly regulated, transparent and professional . Also, it is up to your individual manager to provide support since we have offices across Canada. Overall, I am very proud to work for this organization, especially since the new upper management changed Our success equals our students' success since RESP is our only product.

Pros

Working at our own pace

Cons

As a sales rep have to be available for our customers, not much free time

Nobody is really trying to help you

I worked as a customer service rep answering calls, but customers sometimes need you to send them things. There are other responsibilities besides answering calls but they only give you time to answer calls. If you go off queue for even a second a manager will immediately message you and ask you to come back on. They 100% only trust customers and believe that they are always right even when their not. Many of the customers are upset with the company and they still do not help resolve their issues.

Pros

Work from home but be of Covid

Cons

Management, customers, pressure l, no time for other work

Worst job ever

My colleagues were incredibly unwelcoming and rude. The management does not want to help you. The owner was very condescending. They do not help you make any sales in the beginning so you never actually learn anything. They were also beyond unprofessional and I would never recommend anyone working here. Oh, you also have to pay for your exams to essentially work there... You have to pay for your training and licensing and when you are ready to work, nobody will help you learn how to make sales so you end up loosing even more money. It is all commission based.

Pros

Cons

Workplace Culture, Management, Communication

Amazing work culture!

I cannot speak more highly of the organization. I am constantly challenged and given opportunities to grow and develop as an employee. The people are amazing, and I am lucky to have a leader who supports and encourages me. It is a smaller company and that comes with it's positives and negatives, but I absolutely love the company and it's mission.

Pros

Amazing people and leadership.

Cons

Has it's limitations due to size.

Horrible Management

Management was just horrible. Entitled and showed a lot of favoritism. This place is so hierarchical and does not respect those they believe "below them".

Pros

Good benefits

Cons

Terrible management and toxic culture

Good company to work for

Just like any company this place has a wonderful work environment and supportive management. You have to be on your game if you want to move up. Bring your best foot forward and you'll progress.

Good Company to work

Good environment to work ,very good managment very supportive and they will give training also. If you will work hard they will give you reward. Overall it is a good company who take care of their employees.

High pressure environment

Lack of work/life balance many dedicated individuals aiming to meet the departmental goals stressfull but rewarding for self most enjoyable part of the job is to see your team grow

Pros

Free pizza when meeting targets

Cons

pressure at meeting SLAs

Great work culture and work-life balance.

Great work culture and worklife balance. Company provides all the training and tools to become successful. Most importantly, the company is very good in giving awards and recognition.

You get what you put in

Knowledge First Financial has a terrific backbone and management staff. They are very supportive in work and personal life. The upside is you get to work around your schedule. The downside is you work for commission.

Pros

Work from home

Cons

Work for commission

Waste of time

Waste of time, false promises, hidden fees. There are a lot of hidden costs, pointless training and mismanagement. They treat employees poorly and expect too much. Too many useless meetings to attend.

Pros

Cons

Too many fees, pointless meetings, useless training, mismanagement, high turnover

Great place to work , but salary is too low to survive in Toronto, atleast for contract employees. Work culture is good and I enjoy working here, wish there were permanent positions and a better salary.

Productive and fun workplace

It is great place to work. At Knowledge First Financial, we are committed to inspiring students to realize life’s possibilities by enabling families to maximize their education savings through RESP Specialists.

Stressful environment

Very stressful environment at Infrastructure area. Not enough resources. Management are very indifferent about the workload and light experience in the infrastructure area.

Only recomended as a survival job

One will come across a lot of biased behaviours from seniors and management. They do not value quality of work neither do they value hardworking people. They only know how to reward useless people with whom they have a good connection in the office. MERIT BASED REWARDS ARE A MYTH HERE!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Knowledge First Financial. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement