Knights On Guard

Knights On Guard Employee Reviews

Featured review
Knights On Guard selected this as a representative review
Friendly colleagues and occupants. Loved working for the condo great tenants, friendly staff members. Clean working environment. I Liked the diversity of the job everyday was different. My job duties revolved around protecting the property. I Secured the premises and personnel by patrolling property; monitoring surveillance equipment; inspecting buildings, equipment, and access points; permitting entry. I patrolled the site inside/ outside underground parking. Checked the roof tops, board rooms, pool area, fitness area, lockers, water leaks, planned fire drills.I would prevent risks and deter crime, watch out for looming danger, and report any crime they may encounter. The hardest part of the job was patrolling the grounds outdoors during a winter storm or other compromising weather.
Pros
Friendly occupents
Cons
Overnight shifts and outdoor patrolling during cold weather.
I’ve had only good experiences with everyone in management. They all go out of their way to remember all of their employees names and even though it doesn’t sound like much, it goes a long way and it shows that they don’t see us as just another number. We’re people to them and I know that first-hand because when I needed to completely change my availability at the last minute when one of my kids fell ill. He sympathized with me and I could tell he genuinely felt bad for the situation I was in. I don’t know how much of a headache it was for him to get things changed for me, but he did it for me in no time at all. I really appreciated that and all the extra time it gave me to spend with my kid.
*job security*fair wages*treated like a human being*never called on last-minute*management is open and transparent*mostly long-term contracts
Outside of work everyone gets along and I have a lot of close friends from the office, but once we’re on the clock we’re all as equally professional. We take our work seriously and don’t let our personal relationships impact the work environment.
Since I've joined Knights On Guard, I am enjoying my work with nice co-workers. Gaining more and more experience every single day. Overall, a good job and fair pay.
If nothing else, KOG is reliable. If you work for them, you can rest easy knowing that you’ll get good contracts that pay well and that any time in between contracts will be minimal. They do the heavy lifting and you just have to show up.
Like most Security industries, you are recognized by the company and who your company contracted you out to, for the last good things that the company you work for recognized.
Pros
Gain meaningful skills / experience, received gifts from residents at Christmas time.
Cons
Over work, low pay, wrongfully accused by their subcontractors, sometimes don't get any breaks and not compensated for it, Do jobs that's not security related.
I just got hired on by the company, but I wanted to leave a review because I am thoroughly impressed by their hiring process. It was one of the most efficient and well-organized hiring processes I’ve ever experienced. If they run their business half as well as how they hire new employees, then I’m in very good hands and my job will be a cake walk.
This was my first security job and I learned a lot. I appreciated how thorough their training was and also how much support management offered my first year. I never felt overwhelmed or like I was asked to do something I didn’t feel prepared for. Good work, good pay. I’d still be with the company if I hadn’t moved out of state.
I’ve noticed a significant shift in how management has decided to run things around here recently. They’re thinking much more long-term, and putting more consideration into what’s best for us employees. Schedules are still flexible, and my paycheck hasn’t been affected, so I’m excited to see what these changes mean for the company moving forward.
Advancement is minimal, unless you know someone. Do your job and there's no recognition. Pay is not good for a person working the graveyard shift, benefits are for full time but are horrible.
Pros
Working alone or one other person.
Cons
Pay and lack of advancement. Placements are not close to residence as promised upon hiring.
Standard security guard work. You get to work at a range of interesting sites. Lots of down time while on duty, but that’s just the nature of the beast! I’ve yet to have any beefs with any of the management. I can’t complain.
Staff are treated with the upmost respect. The hours can be long, but you’re aware of that when you first sign up. It’s a good job run by a competent management team and a dedicated workforce who enjoy what they do.
Security run out of a house. Suits with running shoes mentality. They don't have an idea of seizing a valuable asset when it's right in front of them. Walking in for the interview I was disappointed to see it was a house. Then I was more qualified and educated than the COO.
Pros
Cons
Mickey Mouse
Company lacks long term planning, operates day to day as opposed to planning long term. Decisions concerning employees are generally made by two individuals who are not responsible operationally for the business and tend to make decisions which make their life easier. Schedules change without notice. Hours not paid out properly.
I got moved from one site without any explanation. They constantly call you earlier than your shift start time. I dont like the idea of relieving guards or having them relieve me. Only causes problems. Sites were okay but don't expect management to have your back.
Its like any other security agency. Not much room for advancement. The management is good and scheduling will give over time if asked. Their HQ is a not the easiest to get to.
Management is RUDE and No help , never solve any problem, Don't treat you like human , Not even follow govt/ labor ministry rules. KOG surviving by keeping a puppet union who ruins your complaint with ministry of labor. KOG keep DEDUCTING from your PAY randomly and systematically and if you DONT notice then its gone in their pocket, if you notice and ask refund then it takes about months and emails then after a while they deduct again and bad circle continues. always pretending to be a mistake. Took me 2 months to get FULL vac. pay after my vacation which they paid less then again saying that it was by mistake, All GUARDS KEEP WATCHING YOUR PAY HOURS AND DEDUCTION AND DON'T LET THEM GET YOUR MONEY. I wonder who write good comments on KOG. I wish to give any good remark but it DOES NOT EXIST FOR KOG. Managers always lying , Supervisor behave like god, Dispatch sleeping at night, guards always coming late and your 12 hr shift becomes 14-16 hr shift and once u complain about it then RUDE mangers threaten to fire you without solving any problem. Dont expect any response from HR. KOG deducted 250$ on the name of uniform and total cost was less then 20$ for the stickers,badges and notebook they issued. If u have nothing in life then KOG is best place to work without any job interview and skill. Be happy to work for three people without proper training and at minimum wage. I wonder if any good word exist for KOG from its employees. Only time i felt like a human when i left .
Amazing staff ,top Management actually listens to you and works with you, Friendly Atmosphere at the site that I work , great work life balance. easy going staff members. laid-back environment. overall good place to work
Pros
wages
Cons
head office is to far
Scheduler and Client's managers are worst, KOG never backup employees. Always listen Condo Building Managers ,employees are numbers here. KOG needs to review its managment especially managers.
Do not know about others but to me KOG was an awesome company to work with. Its been almost 9 months since I joined them and was able to be a Guard at one of the most prestigious sites in Toronto. Management do care about the employees and well appreciate the hard work. The last moment changes are understandable as this industry is like that. We are humans, we may make mistakes. I had to turn up for a shift even when I was super sick, but the dispatch guy checked my status every hour and even asked the mobile supervisor to bring coffee and snacks for me late night. I admire them and of course my co-workers who are super cool and friendly. I would suggest this company for sure!
  1. Employee reviews