Knights On Guard

Knights On Guard Employee Reviews

Canada69 reviews
Featured review
Knights On Guard selected this as a representative review
Great ambiance and good staff.
Friendly colleagues and occupants. Loved working for the condo great tenants, friendly staff members. Clean working environment. I Liked the diversity of the job everyday was different. My job duties revolved around protecting the property. I Secured the premises and personnel by patrolling property; monitoring surveillance equipment; inspecting buildings, equipment, and access points; permitting entry.
I patrolled the site inside/ outside underground parking. Checked the roof tops, board rooms, pool area, fitness area, lockers, water leaks, planned fire drills.I would prevent risks and deter crime, watch out for looming danger, and report any crime they may encounter.

The hardest part of the job was patrolling the grounds outdoors during a winter storm or other compromising weather.
Pros
Friendly occupents
Cons
Overnight shifts and outdoor patrolling during cold weather.
Joke of a company
Security run out of a house. Suits with running shoes mentality. They don't have an idea of seizing a valuable asset when it's right in front of them. Walking in for the interview I was disappointed to see it was a house. Then I was more qualified and educated than the COO.
Pros
Cons
Mickey Mouse
Stressful and Lacks Planning
Company lacks long term planning, operates day to day as opposed to planning long term.

Decisions concerning employees are generally made by two individuals who are not responsible operationally for the business and tend to make decisions which make their life easier.

Schedules change without notice. Hours not paid out properly.
Average Company Nothing Fancy
I got moved from one site without any explanation. They constantly call you earlier than your shift start time. I dont like the idea of relieving guards or having them relieve me. Only causes problems. Sites were okay but don't expect management to have your back.
Good Security Company
Its like any other security agency. Not much room for advancement. The management is good and scheduling will give over time if asked. Their HQ is a not the easiest to get to.
WORSE company ever worked with- STEAL/Deduct guards pay randomly and systematically
Management is RUDE and No help , never solve any problem, Don't treat you like human , Not even follow govt/ labor ministry rules.
KOG surviving by keeping a puppet union who ruins your complaint with ministry of labor.

KOG keep DEDUCTING from your PAY randomly and systematically and if you DONT notice then its gone in their pocket, if you notice and ask refund then it takes about months and emails then after a while they deduct again and bad circle continues. always pretending to be a mistake. Took me 2 months to get FULL vac. pay after my vacation which they paid less then again saying that it was by mistake, All GUARDS KEEP WATCHING YOUR PAY HOURS AND DEDUCTION AND DON'T LET THEM GET YOUR MONEY. I wonder who write good comments on KOG.

I wish to give any good remark but it DOES NOT EXIST FOR KOG. Managers always lying , Supervisor behave like god, Dispatch sleeping at night, guards always coming late and your 12 hr shift becomes 14-16 hr shift and once u complain about it then RUDE mangers threaten to fire you without solving any problem. Dont expect any response from HR.

KOG deducted 250$ on the name of uniform and total cost was less then 20$ for the stickers,badges and notebook they issued.

If u have nothing in life then KOG is best place to work without any job interview and skill.

Be happy to work for three people without proper training and at minimum wage. I wonder if any good word exist for KOG from its employees. Only time i felt like a human when i left .
Great place
Amazing staff ,top Management actually listens to you and works with you, Friendly Atmosphere at the site that I work , great work life balance. easy going staff members. laid-back environment. overall good place to work
Pros
wages
Cons
head office is to far
Awful company
Scheduler and Client's managers are worst, KOG never backup employees.
Always listen Condo Building Managers ,employees are numbers here.

KOG needs to review its managment especially managers.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Knights On Guard?
Excellent company to work with
Do not know about others but to me KOG was an awesome company to work with. Its been almost 9 months since I joined them and was able to be a Guard at one of the most prestigious sites in Toronto.
Management do care about the employees and well appreciate the hard work. The last moment changes are understandable as this industry is like that.

We are humans, we may make mistakes.

I had to turn up for a shift even when I was super sick, but the dispatch guy checked my status every hour and even asked the mobile supervisor to bring coffee and snacks for me late night. I admire them and of course my co-workers who are super cool and friendly.

I would suggest this company for sure!
The worst in the industry, no job for a human
The worst managers I have ever experienced. They lie about everything to everyone. I cannot explain how bad this company is. Work anywhere but here you will be happy if you listen to the reviews posted
Company needs work
The company has a huge turn over. I worked there for a year and they treated us like dogs. I worked nights and had to work doubles or another half shift because they wouldnt fire an employee who kept coming in late. Then theres the next one who would not show up or calling in. They would tell me it's my job. Yes it's my job but that's why u have mobile, call them to fill in. Night shifts are hard and people have other responsibilities during the day. Im in school and I would miss classes or be late to them bacause of this.
Work here if you don't want to be treated like a human.
They just want to use you to cover the shifts. They would hire you full time right the way to cover some shifts. When you are not needed, they give you less then 20hrs for a full time employee. And they will expect you to be on-call 24/7 to cover their shifts. They don't even bother to ask you first but just add them right into your schedule a few hours before the shift begin. And they will call you into the morning all the time after giving you night shifts when you are sleeping. If you have a car, prepare to cover shifts that are so far away that you would be losing gas money.
Pros
They hire you right the way when you are needed.
Cons
None. It's a wonderful company that you should definitely work for.;)
Worst place EVER
For starters if reading this review I would advise you run far from this company. It’s family owned they treat you like trash and ask u to work on days you scheduled off . They often try to deduct hours off your time sheet hoping you would not notice.its hard to get in contact with management unless they need you for something. You have to pay for your uniform . They have terrible communication skills
Pros
Cons
The entire job
very good place to work
Processed different programs and membership applications

Accurately entered client information into Excel spreadsheet within tight deadlines

Listened and assisted clients with all program and service inquiries

Pulled and created various reports for management team
Run Away!
I got hired in 5 minutes. no background check. They charge for the uniform. Management is horrible, scheduling department will also do payroll. Goodluck getting paid on time as they are still figuring out direct deposit. Head office consist of family so they do whatever they want. Call in for your safety check and you'll find someone snoring on the other end.You want a job? Lowest paying security company dont believe the listings, pay starts at $14
Pros
a job
Rude
The Management is highly rude and will force you to work even after a Doctor has ordered you not to.

How ever you do get to keep the jacket and shirt if your can remove the cheep patch
Pros
Free Coat
Cons
Rude staff
Excellent workplace
One of the premier companies I've been fortunate enough to work for. Excellent management, coworkers, opportunity for advancement and competitive wages. This company treats their employees with respect and has a multitude of sites. I highly recommend them to anyone in the field
Pros
Company culture
Cons
Shifts can change(however this exists everywhere in the field)
will throw you under the bus in a split second
this company does not respect the lower level guards and in my experience the supervisors can be down right nasty and judgemental . the management is nothing but a bunch of big heads thinking they god and will fire you over another gaurd word instead of listening , dont gather enough evidence before desciding if a guard is worth tossing out or keeping
Pros
there are none at this company
Cons
the list is to long
The Company Always Stands By Your Side
I have been in the security industry for 10 years. It is very hard to play politics at high-end condos. However KOG is the only company that will stand by your side and take yours side over the clients, if you are right. For this very reason I give them my 100% each and everyday.
Pros
Staff really care about their workers
Cons
Some sites require you to play politics with the residents
very nice place
I did volunteer work here for a while as an assistant secretary it was very nice the staff were kind and the work space was clean and quiet. overall id say its a 10
Stay Away
No matter how experience you are but the pay you only $12.5. They send you on a site where 3 persons are required but left alone to work. stay away from this company
Pros
nothing
Cons
Work in cold weather
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Knights On Guard. Our community is ready to answer.