Knights On Guard Employee Reviews

Work here if you don't want to be treated like a human.
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 March 2019
They just want to use you to cover the shifts. They would hire you full time right the way to cover some shifts. When you are not needed, they give you less then 20hrs for a full time employee. And they will expect you to be on-call 24/7 to cover their shifts. They don't even bother to ask you first but just add them right into your schedule a few hours before the shift begin. And they will call you into the morning all the time after giving you night shifts when you are sleeping. If you have a car, prepare to cover shifts that are so far away that you would be losing gas money.
Pros
They hire you right the way when you are needed.
Cons
None. It's a wonderful company that you should definitely work for.;)
Worst place EVER
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 November 2018
For starters if reading this review I would advise you run far from this company. It’s family owned they treat you like trash and ask u to work on days you scheduled off . They often try to deduct hours off your time sheet hoping you would not notice.its hard to get in contact with management unless they need you for something. You have to pay for your uniform . They have terrible communication skills
Pros
Cons
The entire job
very good place to work
Concierge (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 November 2018
Processed different programs and membership applications

Accurately entered client information into Excel spreadsheet within tight deadlines

Listened and assisted clients with all program and service inquiries

Pulled and created various reports for management team
Run Away!
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 October 2018
I got hired in 5 minutes. no background check. They charge for the uniform. Management is horrible, scheduling department will also do payroll. Goodluck getting paid on time as they are still figuring out direct deposit. Head office consist of family so they do whatever they want. Call in for your safety check and you'll find someone snoring on the other end.You want a job? Lowest paying security company dont believe the listings, pay starts at $14
Pros
a job
Rude
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON1 May 2018
The Management is highly rude and will force you to work even after a Doctor has ordered you not to.

How ever you do get to keep the jacket and shirt if your can remove the cheep patch
Pros
Free Coat
Cons
Rude staff
Great ambiance and good staff.
Concierge/Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 April 2018
Friendly colleagues and occupants. Loved working for the condo great tenants, friendly staff members. Clean working environment. I Liked the diversity of the job everyday was different. My job duties revolved around protecting the property. I Secured the premises and personnel by patrolling property; monitoring surveillance equipment; inspecting buildings, equipment, and access points; permitting entry.
I patrolled the site inside/ outside underground parking. Checked the roof tops, board rooms, pool area, fitness area, lockers, water leaks, planned fire drills.I would prevent risks and deter crime, watch out for looming danger, and report any crime they may encounter.
The hardest part of the job was patrolling the grounds outdoors during a winter storm or other compromising weather.
Pros
Friendly occupents
Cons
Overnight shifts and outdoor patrolling during cold weather.
Excellent workplace
Emergency Mobile Relief (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON9 April 2018
One of the premier companies I've been fortunate enough to work for. Excellent management, coworkers, opportunity for advancement and competitive wages. This company treats their employees with respect and has a multitude of sites. I highly recommend them to anyone in the field
Pros
Company culture
Cons
Shifts can change(however this exists everywhere in the field)
will throw you under the bus in a split second
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON3 April 2018
this company does not respect the lower level guards and in my experience the supervisors can be down right nasty and judgemental . the management is nothing but a bunch of big heads thinking they god and will fire you over another gaurd word instead of listening , dont gather enough evidence before desciding if a guard is worth tossing out or keeping
Pros
there are none at this company
Cons
the list is to long
The Company Always Stands By Your Side
Security Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 February 2018
I have been in the security industry for 10 years. It is very hard to play politics at high-end condos. However KOG is the only company that will stand by your side and take yours side over the clients, if you are right. For this very reason I give them my 100% each and everyday.
Pros
Staff really care about their workers
Cons
Some sites require you to play politics with the residents
very nice place
Volunteer Work (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON31 January 2018
I did volunteer work here for a while as an assistant secretary it was very nice the staff were kind and the work space was clean and quiet. overall id say its a 10
Stay Away
security (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 November 2017
No matter how experience you are but the pay you only $12.5. They send you on a site where 3 persons are required but left alone to work. stay away from this company
Pros
nothing
Cons
Work in cold weather
Its a Job
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON7 November 2017
The hiring process took all of maybe 5 minutes, there is little to no room for advancement. I guess a pro is that there is ALWAYS work available. Basically its a job to pay bills not a career, so if you're ambitious skip this place all together and go after something that can advance you.
Pros
Available work
Cons
No Advancement
Not doing well
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON10 September 2017
Not sure if the peterborough office is open still. They sent a record of employment stating I quit when I asked for my vacation pay. Would not pay for all hours worked. Didn't keep records of shifts worked to verify I was scheduled.
Would say most of the staff are comfortable to work with
Administrative Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 September 2017
typical day at work is moments when is very quiet and anytime around noon its full on crazy with calls, people walking in for interview, plus people that are scheduled for interviews, then you have t he walkie talkie to deal with plus the phone yet helping staff with other stuff.

out of a 8hr day worked you don't get to have or take lunch and just to take a 15min break you have to rush and eat meaning you cant really moved from your desk plus many more things.

to work there you'd better be prepared
Pros
friendly like family
Cons
needs to more organized keep bumping into each other at times
Hard work but good work
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ON2 September 2017
I put on my boots everyday and never know what to expect for my day. Its always something different and its always such a great experience. I enjoy going to event after event and watching people have such great times as we make sure nothing bad happens while people enjoy themselves.
Ex Employee/ New Customer
foot patrol (Former Employee) –  York, ON2 September 2017
I used to work here and i quit without notice as i was having family problems then the time came i needed to hire them so i was a little nervous how they would react when i went in to Knights on guard and i was so very pleased with the time and kindness i received. They went over everything they'd be doing for me when securing my event i was hosting. The day then came for them to secure the event and they went over and beyond to do an exceptional job. I couldn't be happier with the crew and how professional they were. I'll by far hire them from here on out to work every event i host.
solid job to have
Floater (Current Employee) –  GTA, ON31 August 2017
This job is a great job. very stable and great working environment. I just started in January this year and they've made me feel nothing but welcome. They are strictly focused on customer service. They want us all to make sure the customer is always happy and honestly i think thats so fantastic.
Administrative Assistant
Adminstrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 August 2017
I work as an administrative assistant and i couldn't be happier with my job. They have been one of the greatest companies to work for. They have been good and flexible with my schedule and they treat all of us with great respect.
wicked company
foot patrol (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON25 August 2017
What a wicked company!!!!! I held a massive event last night and hired them to make sure everything was secure and to make sure nothing got out of hand. They were so great and I will hire them again for any event I host.
That is how i feel about this company as a customer, but i do have to say i now work with the Knights on Guard team and i still have the same opinion. They all work so well together so well and management are great people and treat us all with alot of respect.
Busy Job
foot patrol (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 August 2017
This job is hard that is one true fact, however the management is great they really push us to deliver exceptional service to our customers. I used to work as an event patrol security guard then went to foot patrol. Both were great jobs i enjoyed every second working here.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Knights On Guard. Our community is ready to answer.