KMS Tools & Equipment

KMS Tools & Equipment Job security & advancement reviews

Clear
2.9Job security & advancement

Would recommend

My experience was over a 6 year span in 2 different locations. I have worked in the big main warehouse in Coquitlam and the store warehouse in Victoria. Both very different sets of people but everyone I've met in my time with the company have been very colorful characters meaning lots of personalities with their own kind of quirks but very fun to work with and also always a willingness to help eachother out. There, as with most places, are a few grumpy people but they fit in and are usually to themselves. I have seen a few different cases of workers come through both locations. I have some advise, If you have the drive to work and willingness to learn and aren't afraid to ask questions, then you will go far in this company. This company has always provided the opportunity for growth and progression within it. The managers I have worked with and the higher up GMs I've had the pleasure of meeting (who do come by and visit the stores every year--sometimes more than once) are very supportive people. It is a family owned business and they give to charities continuously. And yes there is a lot of stress that goes with any job within the company, but this is based only how you carry your stresses, what position you are in and even when the times were tough, you're in it with a fantastic team and the pay off is rewarding. As I said, you have to be willing to learn and ask lots of questions in order to excel in the company. There is a lot to know. But I wouldn't trade my time with them for anything else. It was such a great learning and job experience.

Pros

Opportunity for advancement, the people, full work days, lots to learn

Cons

Stressful, Mediocre wages for how much work you do

Best retail job I have ever had

I've been here a long time and don't see myself ever going anywhere else. I never thought I would make a career of retail but I like what I do. Love the hours at KMS. Having holidays and sundays off as well as my nights make having a life easier than when I was at the big box stores. Have met some awesome people here. Not without its challenges and struggles but you get that no matter what. Pay advancement is a bit slow but the benefits are pretty good.

Pros

People I work with

Cons

can be stressful at times, difficult customers

Best place I have ever worked at.

I love KMS! I started as a cashier in the Langley store 5 years ago and worked my way up to an Assistant Manager after only 3 years. If you show initiative and work hard, you’ll easily move up in the company. The staff in the Langley store is great and I can say the same of all of the other stores as well. I’ve recently received a promotion to work out of their Head Office in Coquitlam and create a training program for the company. Endless opportunities here if you’re willing to work for them!

Run. Run far away

Place is a joke to work at. It is run by people that are more concerned about being your buddy and not hurting your feelings than actually disciplining people to help maintain effiency. It's all about who you know, then you could get away with literally anything. Wage is weak and small for a warehouse position even if you are more than qualified. They try and boast that they pay more than most warehouses which is a complete and utter lie as they are on the lower end of the spectrum. If you do get the job and aren't happy with your wage just threaten to put your two weeks notice in and they'll give you a raise and/or a promotion as they did it with a couple people before.

Pros

Coworkers are a fun group

Cons

Everything else

Best Retail Job Out There

I have worked for many retailers in my career, and their scheduling is the best, no Sundays ever, how many can say that ? Also no night shifts, having worked for the big boxes that gets really tiring year after year.

Pros

Sell What You Enjoy

Very good work environment

I liked the size of the country and people working over there. If you're working hard, they have a lot of opportunities for you. They are fast growing company in the tools industry.

KMS Tools is an amazing company and business

One of a kind Industrial, automotive and consumer best choice shopping for Tools and equipment in all industries. Everyone has expertise in all departments and learning, amazing team work. Purchasers are the best I have ever seen, from basic stock purchasing, marketing, pricing and always keeping up with the newest products and evaluating product sales. Management is doing their best. KMS Tools is growing like a monster that has left management behind. They need a professional corporate management team. If that happens, Home Hardware, Home Depot and all the big box stores won't know what hit them Wish I could have finished my career there! Hope they move into Ontario and the east of Canada. We need them here.

Pros

free cans of pop and bottled water, plus smokies once a month

Jobs at KMS Tools & Equipment