KMS Tools & Equipment logo
KMS Tools & Equipment

KMS Tools & Equipment Employee Reviews

Would recommend

My experience was over a 6 year span in 2 different locations. I have worked in the big main warehouse in Coquitlam and the store warehouse in Victoria. Both very different sets of people but everyone I've met in my time with the company have been very colorful characters meaning lots of personalities with their own kind of quirks but very fun to work with and also always a willingness to help eachother out. There, as with most places, are a few grumpy people but they fit in and are usually to themselves. I have seen a few different cases of workers come through both locations. I have some advise, If you have the drive to work and willingness to learn and aren't afraid to ask questions, then you will go far in this company. This company has always provided the opportunity for growth and progression within it. The managers I have worked with and the higher up GMs I've had the pleasure of meeting (who do come by and visit the stores every year--sometimes more than once) are very supportive people. It is a family owned business and they give to charities continuously. And yes there is a lot of stress that goes with any job within the company, but this is based only how you carry your stresses, what position you are in and even when the times were tough, you're in it with a fantastic team and the pay off is rewarding. As I said, you have to be willing to learn and ask lots of questions in order to excel in the company. There is a lot to know. But I wouldn't trade my time with them for anything else. It was such a great learning and job experience.

Pros

Opportunity for advancement, the people, full work days, lots to learn

Cons

Stressful, Mediocre wages for how much work you do

Poor Company

The hardest part of the job is caring about your work when the company only cares about profits. They only match to $500 for their RRSP program and the benefits are poor.

Pros

Employee pricing

Cons

No coffee breaks

Good

Good. When I worked there they were going through big changes and we got all the over time we could handle. They also had profit sharing, don't think they do that any more tho.

KMC Tools Good Employer

Canada best and popular employer KMC Tools and Equipment. Its families running business. They are rising very faster way. Now they have most of province their shop you can find KMC Tools. Near about 500 employees working here. The management flow all Canadian standards policy. Though salaries is not very high but all employee are satisfied for working environment. All manager and supervisor helpful and try support all employees. If you particularly work Edmonton shop that great place. Everyday you can meet new people and cultural, growth opportunity if you worked hard. All co-worker supportive. If you really love retails sales it could be perfect job for you. I am sure you can enjoy your job.

Best retail job I have ever had

I've been here a long time and don't see myself ever going anywhere else. I never thought I would make a career of retail but I like what I do. Love the hours at KMS. Having holidays and sundays off as well as my nights make having a life easier than when I was at the big box stores. Have met some awesome people here. Not without its challenges and struggles but you get that no matter what. Pay advancement is a bit slow but the benefits are pretty good.

Pros

People I work with

Cons

can be stressful at times, difficult customers

Not great pay but a decent place to work. They are providing jobs for young as well as older people who need to keep working

I was fortunate to be able to work in the Coquitlam store throughout the early phase of Covid 19. In that time I didn’t miss a single day and I’m very grateful for that. The sales staff is very knowledgeable and most are good people to work with. The inside manager is a very fair, easy person to work for. She treated the sales staff very well. Having head office connected to the store isn’t ideal. There is a huge difference between being a “store employee” and working for head office. Ownership is very fair but I think upper management needs to understand that not everyone on the floor is equal in relation to sales and industry experience. Pay people what they are worth. Don’t just base it on job description and how long you’ve worked there. And don’t have operation manager do sales employees reviews. They don’t know the first thing about selling!

Pros

Good people, great discount on tools, benefits

Cons

Very average industry pay, demanding for retail job

Stressful

They claim to be a company that cares about their employees but it's only if you are related..there is absolutely no loyalty on there part..pretty sad because I really thought this company was unique..I was so wrong..would never go back unless it had new owners!!

Do not work here!

Was a good place when I started, management went down hill fast. Managers don’t care about your health or safety. Work environment is very cliquey, like high school. Don't waste your time here, you can do A LOT better.

Love the staff

It's like a little family... I enjoyed going to work . I would go back .customers are great ! Staff just like family . Can be boring at times but you can always clean . You have to drive there is no buses that go there

Enjoyed working with co-workers

Enjoyed working with co-workers and typical day at work. Running the department and organizing and setting up sales of the company. Opening new branches in outside province locations.

Jobs at KMS Tools & Equipment

See more jobs

Fast-paced Environment

This is a very fast-paced environment. Selling Industrial Product to End Users. Customer Service Base. Product Knowledge a huge asset. Warehouse atmosphere.

Fun Work Place

If you love a fun place to work, KMS Tools is great! Very laid back job, but very nice people to work with. Working with KMS could be stressful and fast-paced, Challenging if you're not experienced on a computer, or with tool experience. Great opportunities to improve and work your way up a ladder to leadership.

Worst job I’ve ever had. Management sucks. favouritism and double stands is what this place runs on A monkey could do this job, very repetitive. No room to grow unless you know the owners

Great people

Kms is a great place to work. Edmonton store expecially. Managers great. Family based buis building everyday. Ive worked both coquitlam bc and ed alberta stores for a combined total of 7 yrs.

Disappointing

Commitments were not honored. Upper Management too aggressive in dealings. Back Channel communication and management with subordinates. Micro Managing.

Best place I have ever worked at.

I love KMS! I started as a cashier in the Langley store 5 years ago and worked my way up to an Assistant Manager after only 3 years. If you show initiative and work hard, you’ll easily move up in the company. The staff in the Langley store is great and I can say the same of all of the other stores as well. I’ve recently received a promotion to work out of their Head Office in Coquitlam and create a training program for the company. Endless opportunities here if you’re willing to work for them!

Stressful and unfair

Felt out of place and treated very unfairly. No room to move up and pay was extremely low. Very negative environment to work in and in the winter was very cold as of they never turned heat on.

Kms the joke of all jokes and gossip don't for get about being 2 faced

There is truly nothing great about this place unless u like and get along with stuck up two faced snotty ppl the manager there is one rude arrogant all high on himself better then any one else looser assistant manager 2 faced big time and the one drunk there is a cashier the other likes to hang off of old man it's a sad place behind a fake bunch of back stabbing ppl

Pros

Free rats

Cons

Everything nothing good about it

Not a good place long term

KMS Tools is very religious Manager was not fit for job warehouse was unsafe nobody was trained on equiptment staff are overworked staff was not treated with respect

Excellent Work Place

Excellent place to work, friendly and outgoing staff. I enjoyed working here, as well as being able to put smiles on peoples faces. Other staff were very helpful when questions arose during training.

Great croup to work with

My coworkers there were absolutely amazing. We were a family and it really made work tolerable. I think every company has things they need to work on but I loved my coworkers.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at KMS Tools & Equipment. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9Job security/advancement