KMS Tools & Equipment

KMS Tools & Equipment Employee Reviews for Sales Representative

Not great pay but a decent place to work. They are providing jobs for young as well as older people who need to keep working

I was fortunate to be able to work in the Coquitlam store throughout the early phase of Covid 19. In that time I didn’t miss a single day and I’m very grateful for that. The sales staff is very knowledgeable and most are good people to work with. The inside manager is a very fair, easy person to work for. She treated the sales staff very well. Having head office connected to the store isn’t ideal. There is a huge difference between being a “store employee” and working for head office. Ownership is very fair but I think upper management needs to understand that not everyone on the floor is equal in relation to sales and industry experience. Pay people what they are worth. Don’t just base it on job description and how long you’ve worked there. And don’t have operation manager do sales employees reviews. They don’t know the first thing about selling!

Pros

Good people, great discount on tools, benefits

Cons

Very average industry pay, demanding for retail job

Best retail job I have ever had

I've been here a long time and don't see myself ever going anywhere else. I never thought I would make a career of retail but I like what I do. Love the hours at KMS. Having holidays and sundays off as well as my nights make having a life easier than when I was at the big box stores. Have met some awesome people here. Not without its challenges and struggles but you get that no matter what. Pay advancement is a bit slow but the benefits are pretty good.

Pros

People I work with

Cons

can be stressful at times, difficult customers

Best Retail Job Out There

I have worked for many retailers in my career, and their scheduling is the best, no Sundays ever, how many can say that ? Also no night shifts, having worked for the big boxes that gets really tiring year after year.

Pros

Sell What You Enjoy

relaxed work environment

overall very relaxed place to work, as long as you keep your pace and don't drag your feet, over the years I have learned lots from both staff and customers almost every aspect of a majority of trades, though my specialty falls under welding and manufacturing, customer service is the best part of the job, and for the worst is probably cleaning up after other peoples mistakes. other than that it has been a fantastic workplace.

Pros

all you can drink coffee, soda, and free snacks on fridays

Cons

occasional grumpy customers and staff

Ask a question about working or interviewing at KMS Tools & Equipment. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9Job security/advancement