KMS Tools & Equipment

KMS Tools & Equipment Employee Reviews

Featured review
KMS Tools & Equipment selected this as a representative review
I really enjoy working at KMS Tools. The days are never dull. There is always something that needs doing, and the customers are great for the most part. The other staff are a good bunch too, and we all get along well.
Pros
Snacks on Fridays, stat holidays off, discount on tools, consistent schedule.
Cons
It's better now, but in the past we have been short staffed.
They claim to be a company that cares about their employees but it's only if you are related..there is absolutely no loyalty on there part..pretty sad because I really thought this company was unique..I was so wrong..would never go back unless it had new owners!!
Was a good place when I started, management went down hill fast. Managers don’t care about your health or safety. Work environment is very cliquey, like high school. Don't waste your time here, you can do A LOT better.
It's like a little family... I enjoyed going to work . I would go back .customers are great ! Staff just like family . Can be boring at times but you can always clean . You have to drive there is no buses that go there
Enjoyed working with co-workers and typical day at work. Running the department and organizing and setting up sales of the company. Opening new branches in outside province locations.
This is a very fast-paced environment. Selling Industrial Product to End Users. Customer Service Base. Product Knowledge a huge asset. Warehouse atmosphere.
If you love a fun place to work, KMS Tools is great! Very laid back job, but very nice people to work with. Working with KMS could be stressful and fast-paced, Challenging if you're not experienced on a computer, or with tool experience. Great opportunities to improve and work your way up a ladder to leadership.
Worst job I’ve ever had. Management sucks. favouritism and double stands is what this place runs on A monkey could do this job, very repetitive. No room to grow unless you know the owners
Kms is a great place to work. Edmonton store expecially. Managers great. Family based buis building everyday. Ive worked both coquitlam bc and ed alberta stores for a combined total of 7 yrs.
Commitments were not honored. Upper Management too aggressive in dealings. Back Channel communication and management with subordinates. Micro Managing.
I love KMS! I started as a cashier in the Langley store 5 years ago and worked my way up to an Assistant Manager after only 3 years. If you show initiative and work hard, you’ll easily move up in the company. The staff in the Langley store is great and I can say the same of all of the other stores as well. I’ve recently received a promotion to work out of their Head Office in Coquitlam and create a training program for the company. Endless opportunities here if you’re willing to work for them!
Felt out of place and treated very unfairly. No room to move up and pay was extremely low. Very negative environment to work in and in the winter was very cold as of they never turned heat on.
There is truly nothing great about this place unless u like and get along with stuck up two faced snotty ppl the manager there is one rude arrogant all high on himself better then any one else looser assistant manager 2 faced big time and the one drunk there is a cashier the other likes to hang off of old man it's a sad place behind a fake bunch of back stabbing ppl
Pros
Free rats
Cons
Everything nothing good about it
KMS Tools is very religious Manager was not fit for job warehouse was unsafe nobody was trained on equiptment staff are overworked staff was not treated with respect
Excellent place to work, friendly and outgoing staff. I enjoyed working here, as well as being able to put smiles on peoples faces. Other staff were very helpful when questions arose during training.
My coworkers there were absolutely amazing. We were a family and it really made work tolerable. I think every company has things they need to work on but I loved my coworkers.
Place is a joke to work at. It is run by people that are more concerned about being your buddy and not hurting your feelings than actually disciplining people to help maintain effiency. It's all about who you know, then you could get away with literally anything. Wage is weak and small for a warehouse position even if you are more than qualified. They try and boast that they pay more than most warehouses which is a complete and utter lie as they are on the lower end of the spectrum. If you do get the job and aren't happy with your wage just threaten to put your two weeks notice in and they'll give you a raise and/or a promotion as they did it with a couple people before.
Pros
Coworkers are a fun group
Cons
Everything else
if you wanna be bossed around by supervisors who don't know a thing about leading. if you can handle low pay while others are paid more to do nothing but stand around and talk...... Boss of warehouse is nice but always too nice. can get away with anything. Place is a joke
Pros
can text a lot, stand around talk a lot
Cons
supervisors don't do a thing
Flexible schedule. Fun people. Pay is better than min wage. Need to be family connected or went to high school with managers to get a shot at opportunities.
Pros
Some fun people, bonuses (christmas)
Cons
Management, nepotism, no human resources-- can get away with bullying
I have worked for many retailers in my career, and their scheduling is the best, no Sundays ever, how many can say that ? Also no night shifts, having worked for the big boxes that gets really tiring year after year.
Pros
Sell What You Enjoy
overall very relaxed place to work, as long as you keep your pace and don't drag your feet, over the years I have learned lots from both staff and customers almost every aspect of a majority of trades, though my specialty falls under welding and manufacturing, customer service is the best part of the job, and for the worst is probably cleaning up after other peoples mistakes. other than that it has been a fantastic workplace.
Pros
all you can drink coffee, soda, and free snacks on fridays
Cons
occasional grumpy customers and staff