KLEYSEN GROUP LTD. Employee Reviews

Very Professional
Long haul pneumatic tank truck driver (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB30 August 2019
An excellent place to work. Like all places there are problems but here they focus on solutions. Dispatch needs to improve in the way they speak to drivers. The drivers are great.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Rude dispatch
Unorganized, no trip planning
Driver (Current Employee) –  Edmonton AB3 August 2018
Everything has to go through Winnipeg first and that leaves the driver sitting around waiting for a load instead of moving. This company needs to work with the driver and it’s offices to better utilize the truck and driver
Pros
Cons
Poor communication
long days
Truck Operator (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK12 April 2018
I would have long days, almost all the customers were friendly but a lot of them don't know how much product they had in there silos, so when I was unloading there silo would over flow. Management at the terminal i was at were friendly. The thing that I like best was I got to drive a Kenworth truck.
Pros
Driving a Kenworth truck
Cons
Long hours, dusty when unloading
A great first job!
Owner (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB8 January 2018
A great first job. Staff was always friendly and supportive! An amazing work environment both in safety and how enjoyable the work is! Only complaint is your gonna get really wet!
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Your gonna get wet!
good shifts, but management lacks management skills
Loader/ Operator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB13 December 2017
Management needs more training, not much room for growth, shift work, repetition, work in all weathers conditions, sends you to many classes forklift, loader operator
long
Trailer Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Oak Bluff, MB13 September 2017
bad place to work terrible co workers not a clean shop pay is not that good management is non helpful and poorley run company always no parts awful
They are a good company to work for
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Oakbank, MB4 September 2017
They are a good company to work for. They pay okay, it could be a lot better though. Awesome staff to work with, my boss is great. I get along great with my coworkers.
Working in washbay
Wash Bay Attendant (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB27 January 2017
Great position although not respected by other coworkers because your at the bottom of the food chain in terms of lunch.
Pros
Long breaks
Cons
Hard Work
fun work place. enjoyable work environment.
Mechanic Helper (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK30 January 2016
typical day would be going to work, clock in and start working on trailers. i improved on my welding skills as well as working as a team,
Pros
very friday was bbq
Cons
not alot of over time
Productive and good work
Labourer (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB11 May 2015
First thing in the morning we have a safety meeting then the foremen give each person their job for the day. (A job can be different each day) Mainly work on rail cars.
A typical day at work is loading beams, cutting cans open, inspect rail carts, guide loads of beams, load beam, rebar, and pipe onto trailers.
I learned how to properly load flat bed trailers with Kleysen.
Very good management, calm and nice people.
The co-workers are good people, fun and give your day a boost when you're at work.
The hardest part of this job is the weather. It switches quickly, you can be very cold and then hot the next minute.
The most enjoyable part of this job is you can find something to do and the long hours.
Pros
Two lunch breaks
Cons
The weather makes the job difficult sometimes