Kleinfelder

Kleinfelder Employee Reviews

Great culture and office environment
I worked for Kleinfelder Hood for 4 years. I loved my job as a CAD operator very much there. I made many good relationships and friends there. Unfortunately the company had to downsize due to our receding economy, and I was laid off as a result. But my bosses and HR continue to support me in helping me find new work.
Pros
Freedom to be who you are. Very laid back but still focused and driven.
Cons
Personally, there was no growth or advancement within my position.
Small EP company with great culture
Kleinfelder is a great company that cares a lot about it's people. It is a multi-discipline engineering company with offices all over north america (US and Canada).
Poorly managed, no room for advancement
The engineering group (former Hood) that was bought out had a very employee-oriented work culture. This was becoming less and less of a priority after the aquisition by Kleinfelder. It is very corporate at this point in time.

Very top heavy, new ideas and opportunities for individual growth is very limited. Everything revolves around maximizing profit/reducing cost at the expense of sacrificing a positive work environment/team morale. Team morale very low and experiences high turnover. Most people on this team have been/are looking for work elsewhere. They expect a lot from their employees but rarely recognize them for it or promote them accordingly for their demonstrated abilities/skills.