KLDiscovery

KLDiscovery Employee Reviews

Vertically Integrated, Technologically Competitive

Vertically Integrated, Technologically Competitive, Poor communication between Senior Management and rest of company managers and staff. No meaningful opportunity for significant development and advancement. Senior management under uses talents of employees.

Pros

Very Technologically Advanced and Very Mission Driven

Cons

Senior Management out of touch with front line workers and managers

Nice place to make fast money

The work environment was fine and the staff and workers are cordial. Unfortunately, there does not seem to be room for advancement here. However, they provide endless coffee and tea, and you can work with headphones on.

Pros

Free lunch sometimes

Cons

Long, tedious work

Good work for contractors

I enjoyed working for KLD as a Data Breach Analyst. Lots of teamwork to execute the task and good supervisors. The job got me started on an investigative career.

Pros

Great colleagues, free lunches & snacks, good supervisors

Cons

It's a contract and all that's involved with that

Badly managed projects

Most of the projects end way before the time given. A 6 month project is 1 month. Be prepared and have other employment. The company also has a lot of canceled projects before you even start.

Pros

Cons

Projects are not well managed

Overall, pretty good place to work.

The remote document review process is similar to others out there and is what it is. KLD is one of the better ones. The review managers are normally very friendly, laid back, and easy to work with. You are allowed great flexibility in work hours which is a huge plus. If you are a noobie just starting out, the project start meeting and instructions are top notch. You will know exactly what they're looking for before they turn you loose to review. They wont throw you to the wolves like some other places. On the other hand, the pay is below the market rate, your weekly hours are capped, and are not allowed OT on 95% of all projects. Projects are not constantly coming in. At times, they abruptly end early (which isn't necessarily KLD's fault). Lastly, you'll need additional employment because this one will not pay the bills. Expect gaps of time without work.

Pros

Friendly managers, flexible hours, clear instructions, communication.

Cons

The pay is below market rate. Project frequency

remote

the pay is ok sometimes but it depends on the project they put you on. for the amount of education needed for the job the pay should be a lot higher than it is.

Flexible and relatively stable contract, but increase in pay is needed

I've been working on and off as a contract attorney for KLDiscovery since 2017 and the pay hasn't changed one dollar. Document review has been underpaying attorneys for years, and even decreasing the pay in some companies. KLD wins over other doc review places for their kind and capable team leads, and some managers don't make you feel like a cog in a machine (some, not all).The pay has been stagnant since 2017. Management needs to increase pay for doc reviewers. We are the workers that make the organization money, but we are treated like expendables.

Pros

Flexible hours, great Team Leads

Cons

Bad pay, treated like a peon

No work life balance - okay benefits, poor work culture, little room for advancement

Depending on your interests Kldiscovery may be a good place to learn and start a career. However, the company praises and encourages working 24/7 and not much has been done to help employees with work life balance and to prevent burnout. If you raise concerns or set boundaries for yourself, you’ll be told that upper management won’t like it. Essentially bullying you into working 18 plus hours a day with no regard for the well being of employees. Work days can more than 12 hours during the week and also on weekends. Little care is shown. They expect you to be available all the time to answer emails, staffing unexpected projects that come in at 10 pm sometime working until very early in the morning. Expectations are unrealistic and at times seemed unethical. Management needs to do more to help their employees. There is also a cult mentality. If you want be a recruiter or interested in HR, go else where. You can do similar jobs at another company where your time and work will be respected.

Pros

Benefits are okay a bit pricey compared to other places

Cons

No work life balance, low pay for hours worked, no incentives, 18 hour days

Productive workplace

I worked most of the time on relativity. However, I also used excel compilating. It was a good experience. Especially, my hours were very flexible as I was commuting.

Pros

Flexible hours, good supervision

Cons

Great company, but it is what it is.

If you are trustworthy, show a basic level of care, respectful, polite, and make yourself available for work-- you will do fine at KLD. In my opinion, this is not long-term work. But it will keep you afloat or supplement your income.

Pros

flexible

Cons

not interesting

Best contract attorney agency

KLDiscovery has the most positive work environment of all of the document review agencies I have worked for. Management is especially attentive to the needs of the staff.

Doc review DOA

Absolutely worthless and not worth the time it takes to fill out the repetitive paperwork every time they have an “imminent” project coming up. Be prepared to be strung along for weeks on end, spam emailed about onboarding, then not selected.

Pros

Cons

Too many

They will work you to death

There is no work life balance. you will be completely burnt out and then asked why you won’t take on more. Expect 15-18 hour work days and 8-10 hour weekends and no one will notice or care. The company claims they care but when you actually need to put yourself first they will resent you. It’s a cult experience, everyone is ok with this lifestyle as it’s burned into their heads by the ceo and leadership until they leave and finally realize how badly they’ve been taken advantage of. Don’t accept this lifestyle if you care at all about seeing your friends, family or even breathing without being tethered to a phone.

Good doc review experience. Casual atmosphere, but strong work ethic too.

Easygoing atmosphere, but underlying strict performance parameters. If you do well, you're fine. If you mess up, you might be gone.Relaxed but vigilant work environment. Sometimes a bit overcrowded, in the largest room at Tyson's particularly. DC is spacious.Free food every Friday is a bonus.

Pros

Free catered lunch on Fridays, almost always

Cons

At DC office, tough parking.

A competitive company, professionals, good environment to work with.

I am very satisfied with KLDiscovery. Very good environment to work, only professionals, the employee very gentle and nice, the premises very good and secure.

Low-impact, flexible hours

The reviews are sometimes fairly simple and brief, but they offer decent compensation and a fair amount of flexibility in when you get your hours. Free snacks in the office is a nice fringe benefit too

Contractor

They usually have a steady pipeline, so you are never out of work long. The location is fairly easy to get to as well. You will get to know everyone in the office.

Great place to work.

I primarily work(ed) in two offices in and around Washington D.C. It is a good environment to work in and the staff is very helpful and stays on top of the workload. It is challenging but at the same time rewarding work and I would recommend working there. Management is on top of the situation which is not always easy as the landscape is always changing as it pertains to ongoing litigation. Further, I have developed good relationships with my colleagues and stay in touch with many of them after a particular assignment has been completed. It is always challenging starting a new assignment and it is very helpful to have everyone working together so that everyone gets to speed quicky. I would say the most enjoyable part of the job is the friends I have made working on various assignments with KLD. I am still in touch with many of them and look forward to working with them in the future.

Competitive environment

Nice compared to other review projects, always learning something new as with other reviews, interesting workplace culture. The hardest part was trying to get comfortable because the facility was very cold at times and the most enjoyable part was learning new things about the issues we reviewed.

Employee are treated with respect, and the pay isn’t bad

The pay is competitive, and the office is comfortable . The ability to work any time between 7 am and 7 pm so long as you put in 40 hours is very helpful. The work can be boring . There is not much training but you get the hang of it, it’s not hard . No one hovers over your shoulder

Best company I've ever worked for

I can't stress enough how great a company this is to work for. They take their core values very seriously, and they care about each employee as an individual as well as a member of the team. There is a lot to learn, but the breakdown isn't at all intimidating. Don't be discouraged if you don't hear back immediately; they are very particular, and as such their hiring process is kinda slow. Just keep touching base and showing interest.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at KLDiscovery. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0Job security/advancement