Kitco Metals Inc.

Kitco Metals Inc. Employee Reviews

Canada7 reviews
Good company
Good company, but unfortunately with financial problems from the fiscal size. Perfect controller from 2013 to 2014 . Pretty age management is not good for the growing fast market.
Pros
nice workplace culture
Cons
financial problems
good stuff
It's a decent job, the upper management really give off a feeling that they care about your happiness. Alot of great people work there.
Family type atmosphere with wonderful employees
Kitco was a great place to work. The president was approachable as were the VP's and Directors. There was chance for advancing in your career and the work was always evolving with chances for learning new technologies and products.
Great opportunities but financial problems
Kitco is the largest website in the world dedicated to financial information on precious metals. As manager digital properties I worked on challenging projects with a team of graphics designers, web developers and IT specialists.

I worked on the complete redesign of the site(in progress), user experience, content strategy and optimizing a site with more that 30million monthly users.

Unfortunately Kitco had been experiencing financial problems for a few years and I was part of a large layoff in january including most of the web/digital team.
Pros
Big site with traffic from around the worls
Cons
no financial resources
It's ok... was better before
The company has gone through some major changes. I've been with the company for over 7 years, and have seen the good, the bad and the ugly. I hope they can get through their rough times at the moment.
Great people , very friendly
Best part was the friens I made there, proffessinally speaking was not very challenging and interesting. Business domain is very interesting though.
Pros
Friendly work environment and very opened
Cons
Not many challenges
Poor management and micro-managing projects, poor advancement prospects
It is unfortunate that I would have to rate the company so poorly, but an issue I feel that is particularly problematic in the company has been management, there seems to be a pervasive attitude of having a department that has a director, five managers, 3 supervisors and 1 regular worker, creating a chasm of misinformation, too many chefs spoiling the broth and a lot of head butting or ego thrashing. Interminable meetings where nothing ever gets done since there is a chain of hierarchy akin to the one present in government and before anything gets implemented, the issue(s) go along a vertical incline and somehow get lost in the vastness of project management, QA specialists, managers, directors, supervisors, etc.

There are also issues such as micro-managing which as prevalent in several departments, a constant pressure to do teamwork and be present in meetings several times a day regardless of workload or whether they are required or not.

There are however many dedicated employees that have stayed the course to see the company grow from a small unknown to a large corporate environment a la Dilbert-esque to say the least. But I cannot recommend the company from both personal experience as well as through external information from friends and employees that I am still in constant contact with, all of which have a very poor review of management, the bankruptcy issues are also clouding future prospects, lack of focus and direction for career advancement, this has created a very stressful work environment.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Kitco Metals Inc.?
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kitco Metals Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.
2.9