Kitchen Stuff Plus Employee Reviews

Modern slavery
Supply Chain Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 February 2019
there's nothing fun about this place. hostile workplace. bad managmet , low pay, long shifts.If you’ve ever heard this statement from your boss or HR, it’s a major red flag. This scare tactic is a means of threatening you into staying in a marginalized position, and is symptomatic of an organization that thrives on bullying behavior and control.
positive work environment
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON21 January 2019
this was my first job in Canada. i have learned about society. managers are cooperative and i have learned a lot from them. completing tasks on time and handling customers in busy hours.
Work enjoyment depends on you!
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ON10 January 2019
You get what you give! You act positive when facing a challenge? It comes easy.... or you have the choice to make it the worst and hardest project ever just being negative. It was a good work experience. District manager is very knowledgable and approachable and very hands on! You get a morning call almost every day and pep talk and touch base! LOVE IT!
Pros
Support
Cons
Could pay better
Flexible hours
SALES ASSOCIATE/CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON7 January 2019
Nice company culture and flexible hours.
Management was changing quite a bit
average training for cashiers and for associates on the floor helping out customers
Fun!
Work as a cashier and customer service (Current Employee) –  Whitby, ON30 October 2018
Working there was so much fun, I couldn't of asked for a better team to work with! The staff there soon became my family and we always helped each other
I would NOT recommend this place of employment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, Ontario10 October 2018
staff are very personable and helpful. The Managers are very bad. Not sure if it is a lack of training or the bottom line is as long as the store is making budget and they get a bonus they just don't care about the staff. Managers and shift leaders continually take credit for the job the sales associates do. it is very frustrating.
you are asked to do WAY more then most retail jobs. A LOT of product knowledge that you are tested on. It is more work then I did in University, seriously.

I would not recommend this company unless you are in desperate need. They will hire anyone. so good for a LAST resort
Pros
nice sales associates/ flexible hours
Cons
Managers/ Shift leaders
Poor Management
Administration Manager (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ON6 October 2018
I was extremely passionate about my position and the products we sold but I was made open promises for advancement that never happened. I was also taken advantage of by management by getting me to do their work but take all the credit. I would also like to add that I was denied benefits due to my previous health issues which are mental health. I was not impressed
Productive and fun workplace
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 October 2018
Learn a lot in customer service, colleagues and managers are friendly, great team and nice work experience. Learn a lot knowledge relating to cooking utensils.
toxic and dysfunctional
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON Cloverdale28 September 2018
This is not a good work environment. The sales associates tend to be absolutely amazing people, very friendly and helpful

But then you get to management...shift leaders, assistant Managers and Managers. Can I say inept does not even begin to describe these people.

They do very little as far as the day to day running of the store but as soon as it is bonus time they act as if they are the ones responsible for making all the sales. They seem to not realize without the staff that they would not have a bonus. Upper Management are so inconsistent with rules depending on what suits THEIR needs, it is hard to believe that are really that oblivious.

They allow the lazy people to flourish and the few that work they seem not to notice. Basically you are treated less than. The management team do nothing to correct the problems in the store, rather they choose to ignore. They are either blind or incompetent. Not sure which, but either way they need to attend some kind of training on how to motivate staff, how to support staff and how to deal with conflict.

Overall this place sucks the happiness and joy out of your life, and the niceness out of your soul.

And yes, sadly I am a current employee. As I said the sales associates make all the nonsense worth it.
Pros
They seem to find the nicest people to hire.
Cons
Everything else.
Not a good place to work
DATA ENTRY CLERK/ADMINISTRATIVE SUPPORT (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 September 2018
The culture of the head office is horrible and the employees there are unfriendly
not a comfortable place to work
The employees are not helpful its like everyone is against each other
Lousy place to work in
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON24 September 2018
Culture is work work work. management is not that great, you feel stressed all the time. they schedule at the oddest hours whether you like it or not. theres alot of reprimand of the associates by the management. it feels like they are never satisfied and make one feel inadequate and thus always stressed. heavy lifting doesnt help theh stress. dont expect any encouragement. just work work work.
Pros
hardly any
Cons
lots
Keep Looking For a Job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON14 September 2018
This place was simply terrible.

When I was hired, the people who were there before me told me and the other new staff that we'd soon see how trash the managers were and how unfairly they'd treat us... they were right.

The managers take credit for work that you do while they watch. They do nothing! Alot of my co-workers felt stressed out to the point of tears, including myself.

Lastly, the employee turnover rate is quick. They hire new people and push the old people out after they start questioning the unfair rules (like not being able to speak to your co-workers AT ALL or being on break alone everyday).

This place is a joke. The work is strenuous (climbing 12 foot ladders, building shelving units, heavy lifting.. some times for the whole shift.)

I wouldn't work here if they paid me double the normal rate.
Pros
Fun co-workers, Good discount
Cons
Managers were terrible, Unreasonable demands, Strenious work with no appreciation, Superiors did nothing and took credit for employee's work, Condescending managers
ZERO work life balance
Manager (Former Employee) –  GTA West8 September 2018
Corporate does not understand the increased job demands- but continuously expects more. The CEO is a tiny man in an office who micro manages to the point where staff walks out without notice.
Pros
Front line staff are amazing
Cons
too many asks and not enough pay
okay workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 August 2018
overall, was an okay job management there was nice person the other staff were nice as well. They should of inform me and others that were hired it was seasonal job
Great team to work with.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 July 2018
Team has a rally at the beginning of the day to keep all employees informed of sales and upcoming events. There are seminars for product knowledge to keep all staff up to date with. KSP management are fair about equal work and assigned hours. The clientele come from a large demographic varying in age, culture, etc.. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with interesting customers and staff.
Pros
flexible hours and team coroporation
Cons
Sometimes in retail there is always a difficult customer
Not Right..
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON26 July 2018
Working there the staff was great! Very friendly an helpful. The management team hire you for manager but put you as a shift leader. Never really had a MOD it should be SLOD (Shift Leader On Duty). Managers post schedules then change them so you don't really have a life. If you get to friendly with a coworker they don't like that at all so be careful.They expect WAY to much in just a little time. They want someone who they can walk on an someone that will kiss up to them. Very fake an pretentious in your face then turn around an try an find ways to get rid of you like what they did to me. I wouldn't recommend this a great place to work as they don't want human workers they want robots that will kiss up to them an have no personality. They don't like when people stand up for themselves. They makes things bigger than what it really is. When your shift is over they expect you to stay longer to finish a task without asking you if you could stay..some people have buses to catch which is not fair. They really don't care about their workers, just about "budget". So sad. They've missed out on some Great workers. Not saying to not give it a try, just saying I wouldn't recommend it.

Basically, try an be the "right fit" for a puzzle you really don't belong to.
Pros
Staff members friendly
Cons
Very fake, confusing scheduel, long hours
Enjoyable workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Whitby, ON9 July 2018
Kitchen Stuff Plus is a enjoyable place to work especially as a first job. The staff there are very nice and welcoming and you grow as people together. There is lots to do and they keep you busy making the days go by pretty fast.
Pros
Good enviroment
Cons
Not enough hours
Very good job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON26 June 2018
I had a great time working with kitchen stuff plus. I was treated with respect from everyone and generally had fun working with the people I was working with at the time.
Pros
Awesome people
Cons
N/a
Productive Fun work environemnt
Customer service associate (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON31 May 2018
Was a great place to work. everyone was professional, and very accommodating. Tasks were easy to accomplish and the staff was very helpful if you needed anything. The company had very thorough training and was open to extra training if you felt you needed it.
Don’t recommend
Sales Associate (Part-Time) (Current Employee) –  Toronto30 May 2018
At first seemed fun and enagaging but after a year you realize the management only car about money and zero regard for employees and their out of work lives
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kitchen Stuff Plus. Our community is ready to answer.