Kirmac Collision Employee Reviews

Kirmac Port Coquitlam
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  British Columbia20 April 2018
I just recently started working as a customer service representative for Kirmac. And I have to say, they have the most amazing staff, and the most kind and considerate management. If you are ever looking to get your car repaired or to get your foot in the automotive industry... Kirmac is the place to be. The job is challenging but so rewarding. Couldn't be more happy. And I thank my team for that. Not Only does the company treat their staff well but they support children's hospital which is amazing. Kirmac does not only care for kids they go above and behind to provide the most amazing customer service to their customers.
Pros
Amazing staff
Dishonest Management.
doormat (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC31 January 2018
They will promise you the world, string you along without standing up to their end of the bargain and when you do ask them to live up to their word they will simply fire you and get the next sucker in line. Good luck.
Pros
Writing aplogy letters to customers on behalf of management
Cons
Illiterate management.
poor facilities, Dishonest Management
Auto Detailer (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC14 September 2017
Workplace is extremely run down, Only 1 water cooler is shared among staff and customers, No free coffee provided, only to customers. Lunch room is inadequate. Fridge is old.

Customers want clean cars, but management is very stingy, new towels had to be given by management. And the towels are Costco brand....REally???

The standard of their clean is really the dealership standard of a service wash and vac.....and they have the balls to call themselves detailers.

Benefits are 50% coverage....
Pros
Cons
everything
Not a good place to work
Estimator (Former Employee) –  Coquitlam18 August 2017
They will string you along and tell you what you need to know to keep you happy. After years of employment they will not give you any chances but will drop you in a second when someone who makes less money than you comes along or will not give you any chance if mistakes are made. I was lied to by ownership and upper management to make it seem like they cared to learn from another former employee they used the same speech for them and similar parting once something cheaper came along. Use them for a stepping stone only and dont hope for a long career. They dont care for employees....
People here will only use you and keep you in that position forever
Apprentice (Former Employee) –  New Westminster, BC20 May 2017
Work there for 2 year no advancment nothing, kept complaining to manager they don't even care about your future only make you empty promise. Heard some apprentice stayed as apprentice there for over 8 years and he eventually told me he is going to a different trade.
Pros
Job security always stay at low wage
Cons
Never move up
I liked working there.
Detailer (Former Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC19 April 2017
I didn't work there for long, but given enough time i'm sure I could have got into another area of their work but it just didn't interest me personally. They had good work hours and the people at the location were nice to work with.
Pros
Good entry level job.
Cons
Not worth it if you don't enjoy it.
Good people bad management
Estimator (Former Employee) –  BC9 April 2017
Met a lot of good people which I ended up being friends with. Management is horrible. They treat employees like chess pieces which can be moved to their needs. No guidance whatsoever. I was told by management that my unpaid OT was for my own training. Would not recommend anybody I know to work for Kirmac.
Pros
Cons
Long unpaid hours
Improvement Needed
. (Former Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC6 October 2016
Very busy, high-volume, fast-paced environment where upper management expects perfection, but proper training is not provided, priorites are not clear and very rarely are you rewarded -- not even a thank you. Say their core values are essential, but don't necessarily abide by them. Coworkers are gernerally great, but high turn around rates. I hope they learn from their mistakes and make some serious changes!
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Not enough pay. Long hours. Quick to terminate. Stingy.
High expectations; low rewards
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC13 September 2016
They expect you to work to a very high level, at a very high pace but give little to no reward to their employees.
Very little work / life balance
They are quick to terminate
Cons
Long hours. Little support.
busy and stressful environment
Automotive prep technician (Former Employee) –  BC9 September 2016
they dont value their employees at kirmac, the only good part is the expensive materials you get to work with and the cool coworkers
Pros
great coworkers
Cons
not enough pay
Productive fast paced repair facility
Body Technician (Former Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC16 August 2012
This was an excellent place to really fine tune my collision repair abilities. With over 5 years previous collision experience the facility provided me with state of the art collision repair equipment such as car-o-liner computerized frame measurment system, car-o-liner frame repair rack and car-o-liner spot weld resistence spot welder.