KIRKLAND LAKE GOLD

KIRKLAND LAKE GOLD Employee Reviews

nice

beautiful town, very nice people. i like to be part of it but not to work for TASK the subcontractor on this time, they are so disorganized and i mean non interest in keep the people in the city entourage . the gold company try do the best in terms of security and wellness, this is our strong point as workers, we alway gonna come back home .

Toxic above and below

Work was great, but then everything changed last year. No room for advancement. New positions always given outside even when qualified people applied. Constant turnover at all levels over so management always in chaos. Toxic atmosphere with output more important than safety. Always asking employees to do more but refuse promotions or pay compensation for the extra time. No loyalty to workers. Used covid as a cover to lay people off they couldn't fire.

Pros

Short commute if you live in town

Cons

zero job security, toxic atmosphere

Good places to work

I put my life on the jobs that l enjoy so much than l got let go and it was a good place to work that l pour my heart outfor and now no work for me to carry that on the peoples that work there were great it was just about to be family but not now cause ldont work there lmiss working there for sure put 14 years into the jobs that l love to do by starting off with a contract and hired on by Procon then St AAAn thanks you

Pros

The Peoples

Cons

My goal

KL Gold Macassa is a terrible place to work

If you want to find out what it’s like to work before the development of labour laws, work for KL gold at Macassa. Very dangerous, the place is waiting to cave in. Everyone there is toxic and negative. The construction general foreman is an especially evil man, who never listens to anyone. All the miners and underground workers are all incompetent and are Mickey mouse miners. They think it’s normal to mine like it is still the year 1935. The air quality is absolutely horrible, and it’s hot and humid. The construction crews are all lazy and useless.

Pros

No pros to working here

Cons

Dangerous environment, toxic workers, bad management

dangerous place to work, they will kill someone eventually.

Very dangerous place to work, the company does not care for the overall greater good of their employees or the town of kirkland lake, would not recommend working here unless you actually live in the town of kirkland lake.

Maintenance

Please find work somewhere else this place is toxic and its only a matter of time before someone dies there. Favoritism, unsafe, poor maintenance management, Underpaid. Ive never worked for such a terrible company before. For those still there i applaud you for your stupidity, don't take it personally but come on this place is terrible. Watched my father blow his knees and have the company hound him ,falsely claim they were a nurse to get access to personal information. Put amazing stress on his financial situation adding extra stress to his life ,ultimately resulting in a massive heart attack. The head of HR has his death on her hands

Terrible management

Management treats people poorly due to being un-unionized. There is too much favoritizm and management often turns a blind eye to safety to get a job done.

Horrible, just horrible.

Hippocracy at its finest. Just hearing the company slogan is anger inducing now. "Committed to the safety and success of our employees......" Ha! The track is appalling. The ditches never get dug, so the water washes out around the ties, and they get water logged. De-railing is an almost daily occurrence, with the track just rolling over or splitting apart sometimes, because the ties are so full of water that the spikes are loose in their holes, and hold nothing. There are lengths of track hundreds of feet long in places that are totally under water. There are places the track floats, and you can bounce on it like a trampoline. The pins and drawbars are so worn they're oblong, and if you try to slow down or take off too fast your cars just jacknife and jump the track, then you get to go rerail while standing in a foot of mud, and if you're loaded, you get to try and put 3 tons of orecar back on the track with a 1 ton come along. Some members of upper management are delusional, and go on about how they got better tonnage when they were just using muck machines, while ignoring the fact that their active stopes have gone from being a few hundred feet from the shaft, to over a mile out at this point. The track hasn't been maintained in years, and has aligned joints, so your knees and back take a horrible pounding throughout the day, and if you're trucking it's worse, because they only do ramp maintenance on the eve of a tour. To top that you're still expected to produce at a level could only be achieved in the event of a perfect day. Nothing is going to improve until management -

God awful place

This place is a systemic bullying factory. Macassa rewards laziness and punished those who bust their a** to get things done. Preventative Maintenance is unheard of (breakdown maintenance) and they cant even give you enough oil (or somewhere to put the used oil) to properly do the PM, but still yell at you when it's not getting done fast enough!

Pros

The Guys you work with are awesome (minus management)

Cons

brainless shifters and GFs, stupid hot, zero regard for safety. ect. ect. ect.

Hard work environment

Poor work conditions and instructions, enjoyed the work done underground and the employees i was working with, also poor communication between shifts.

Jobs at KIRKLAND LAKE GOLD

See more jobs

Overall a good place

Enjoyed my time here. Feel that I was recognized for the work that was being done. There are definitely area's that are understaffed and as a result burn out it definitely happening. Mine pays well which makes the extra time/hours not as bad. Wish they would ask for input from people more before making big changes to processes/systems

Made me change careers

First real mining co-op placement, learned lots, enjoyed touring with superivsors. Engineering dept is very boring. Realized mining engineering is not for me.

Pros

Long underground travel time

Cons

Mine site

Employees beware

I was employed at kirkland lake gold from 2008 to 2012 . It's a good place to work and learn old school mining techniques, . Safety is by convenience !!!. I was one of the miners who would go and do jobs that were very unsafe , night shift I would be told there was a " safety issue " by my shifter . I was told if I would do it and keep my mouth shut they would pay me a hefty bonus .. witch I did, and I was payed extra bonuses for doing it !! . I was also asked to hide and cover up a what exactly happened when it came to a investigation where someone got hurt and his pelvis was crushed between two ore cars .. I admit I took their money .. One shift I came in to find out someone got hurt that day in my heading due to active ground .. so I went down to work to find my heading is very active , bumping every few mins .. so I roped it off and called seismic to reported it .. the mine superintendent , asked why I roped it off and said I was a blank blank started to talk down to me calling me a few chose words . I laughed at him and said I'm done doing your dirty work ... after that i lost my heading , because was told i wasn't getting enough footage, witch i blast every shift 8×10×8 round ....they stuck a me a miner one on the tram..for punishment....I put up with it for a month it got worse .so I quite after almost 5 years .. then they black balled me .. THEY GIVE YOU A BAD REFERENCE!!!!! When a potential employer calls for work history.... I havent worked in a mine in over 8 years now , they recked my mining career when all i did was tryed to help the company...... BE CAREFUL!!!!! -

Pros

Good employees

Cons

Getting black balled from underground for not preforming unsafe work

Brutal place to work

Terrible place to work. Safety is the least of their concerns. They have no problem sending you to work in an area with four times the legal limit of diesel equipment running. Equipment is so neglected from running with a skeleton crew of Maintenance people for so long. Compensation continually decreases as workload and expectations increase. Upper management only cares about profits and meeting projections. Employees are bullied and penalized by Management on a regular basis. Avoid this terrible place.

Pros

Um...ummm....um...great guys to work with (managment excluded)

Cons

Schedule, wages, heavy diesel exposure, terrible ground support, failing equipment, understaffed maintenance department, low morale, total disregard for employee health and safety, constant reduction in bonus, constant harassment and bullying by management.

Decrease pay

Lowing wages across the board , causing low moral. They are taking the stance that you are just a number, not showing that employees are of value. Years of service do not matter to them.

Pros

Long mine life

Cons

Moral

When I was there it was all narrow vein conventional mining. Good place to work no push and decent pay. 7 and 7 schedule. Should have stayed longer.

Pros

7on 7 off, good pay, easy going

Cons

They want you to move to kirkland

Just a number

Was great until KLGold bought SAS Horrible place to work now. Cut bonus. No advancement when your qualified in one area. Management only cares about them. Production over safety. Pays always wrong. Grumpy people. Untrained/no experience people over qualified people.

Pros

Close to town

Cons

Bosses

Horrible place to work.

First few years were great. Now favouritism seams to be how the run this place. If you plan on applying for a maintenance position. I would highly reconsider. You will not be giving the proper tools or safety equipment for the job. On top of that you will be treated like a red headed step son on a good day. Lost count of the number of good mechanics we’ve lost the past 5 or so years. And the ones that are still there are looking for something else, and taking jobs with less pay. It Pretty much all boils down one idiot they have running the show, but they would rather lose quality guys than demote or fire this so called bush mechanic. I’m done hearing them say it’s gonna get better. I’m out the first chance I get.

Pros

They took them all away.

Cons

Where do I start?

Absolutely nothing but a job where you are just a disposable number

Don't waste your time. They seem to pride themselves on safety but SUPA for them means Safety until production is affected. It's a garbage hole on the best of days. Maintenance is treated and made to feel like a lesser person , the general foreman is a bush mechanic whose intelligence may surpass a house pet, heavy on the may. Maintenance schedules are far overdue yet they seem to blame that on the mechanics. So short staffed you don't even have time to take a bathroom break. When I started I was entry level maintenance I'm close to 10 years and I've suffered a loss of 20 k a year since then. Take a pass on this pitiful excuse of a company I'm out as soon as I can be with a huge workforce who feels the same way.

Pros

A job

Cons

Constant bonus cuts, no travel, treat you like garbage, have the MOL in thier back pocket, your just a number.

Caring employers

This team was really good with me even if english wasnt my current language. They help me with everything all the way. i have been happy to work with them.

good place

local employer benefits, long term employment, seems the management are expanding on reserves, and a quality gold supply air management to U/G being addressed, getting new equipment.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at KIRKLAND LAKE GOLD. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.6