Kings Regional Rehabilitation Centre

Kings Regional Rehabilitation Centre Employee Reviews

Clients are amazing to work with, management on the other hand is horrible. They don't care about their frontline staff or clients and are only in it for themselves. You will always work short staff, do more than expected and get 0 recognition for your hard work. Lazy workers go unpunished, hard workers go unnoticed. Management is clueless on what is happening to this place. They hire inexperienced persons who know nothing about mental health for some reason, and not to mention the drama from co staff is unbelievable. You're treated as a number here and it really shows.
Pros
Cons
Management, inexperienced co staff, scheduling
9/10 times you’ll be working with cool staff who make the work day a little more enjoyable (minus the odd apple - every workplace has them). Overtime is basically available every week so you can make quite a bit of money. 12 hour shifts sound horrible but after a couple months you just get used to them. Only real con about working here is management, they’re out of touch with the front line workers and what it’s really like, very little empathy and god forbid you call-in sick more than 3 times a year.
Pros
Available OT, Good co-workers
Cons
Long Hours, Management
Senior management is heartless and selfish. Frontline employees work hard and love the residents. The training is good The CEO only cares about how things look
Too much management that don’t do enough for staff or clients. Management are unfamiliar with what really happens to the front line workers. A lot of gossip by co workers, it’s disgusting.
I love working there, you are never left to your own devices. Training never ends because the environment is always evolving but that keeps you on your toes and continuously learning new skills. The job is very rewarding.
Pros
Lots of new friends to be made
Cons
Early morning shifts that make childcare a bit hard to find
I have been employed at KRRC for 16 years and have seen many changes within the field. My overall experience has been wonderful. I was trained by the very best and have been able to support people with challenges with it. My co-workers are great as is my manager and coordinator. They support and enable me to be my very best!
Not worth your mental health they are horribly to work for worst place ever !!!!! Under paid overworked cut throat place to work don't bother I would never tell anyone to work there ever
Like Health Care everywhere, KRRC needs more workers. I love my job. Helping people with challenges have a better day is very rewarding. My co-workers are excellent and supportive. My managers are approachable and considerate. A Casual worker can join the pension fund after 2 years if the worker has enough hours. Workers can earn over $45 K doing some OT hours.
coworkers are great, clients are even better. everything else, however, is not. The pay is enticing and work is surprisingly easy but everything else that comes along with the job isn’t worth the stress or time. Like every work place it has its fair share of drama but nothing too bad
I like working with the clients. It's a busy but good place to work. I'd recommend this workplace to anyone who likes to work with people. It's very rewarding.
Pros
Good atmosphere
Cons
Can be stressful at times due to the type of work.
Don't work here unless you want to become severely depressed, to put it kindly. The management does not care about you, they only have their own best interest in mind. Most of them are bullies unfortunately. For a mental health facility, they do a HORRIBLE job of making sure their staff have a good work-life balance and are mentally healthy.
They will make your life miserable. Management does not have your back at all because regardless of who you are you're replaceable. They are not thankful to those who continuously working OT.
Kings rehab is a great place to work as a starting point in the career of human sciences and human health care. The company employees many people under different branches and departments and provides jobs to many people