Kingfisher Oceanside Resort and Spa

Kingfisher Oceanside Resort and Spa Employee Reviews

Canada8 reviews

Productive, always an interesting day at work.

Typical Day at work: Never a dull moment. Management: Do the job you were hired for and won't have any issues. Workplace Culture: Fastpaced, can be chill. Hardest part of the job: Not getting soaked. Most enjoyable part of the job: Working alongside with your coworkers.

It’s alright

Great crew to work with, but with rules with covid very controlling on employees but not the guest. Didn’t follow protocol with the swimming pool, hot tub, steam cave.

Employees had good relationship with each one in the firm. Everyone was really collaborative and helpful in case if any mistakes had happened. Good learning experience

I enjoyed my years at the Kingfisher. I was there during the years the resort went from 30 rooms to 94 luxurious suites. It was a very exciting time. Typically I would iron table linens, check rooms and make schedules. I would check rooms and all public areas. I often cleaned the meeting rooms and did "spring cleaning" as needed. I hired and trained my staff and developed a professional "Housekeeping Manual" I had the opportunity to cross train in the night audit, balancing and banking. There was no hardest part to this job.

Pros

Great managenent

Cons

A beautiful location close to town.

I loved working at the Kingfisher. It was a family owned Resort. I did a lot of walking here as I was checking out the work being done each day. Then I would do laundry. Mostly ironing table linens. The Owners were very involved and I felt included in decision making in my department. I enjoyed working with every one working at the Resort. I enjoyed the whole experience.

Pros

Family oriented

Cons

Non

Beautiful place to work at and good work ethic

You learn about customer service and how to clean properly. Team oriented Hardest part of the job is the low pay. most enjoyable is being in a positive atmosphere.

Pros

Work as a team

Cons

Favortism

Fun place to work due to the co-workers and guests.

The Kingfisher is a renowned place and all my co-workers are great. However the company has gone through many management changes which has caused it to loose structure. There are many little mistakes being made that can be avoided and some may affect the companies image. The hardest part of the job is seeing things go wrong "being the little guy" and not being able to voice suggestions for change because they knowingly wont be addressed. A typical day at work is coming into chaos, no expectations for shift to shift transitions, little communication and this causes unnecessary daily stress. It has been a trend lately for a manager to come up and say I know today was crazy but we got through it so thank-you. This is ok once in awhile but when things aren't being done to fix those 'crazy days' then it will keep continuing, This is what the hardest part of my job is. The most enjoyable part is meeting all the new guests at the resort; hearing where they are from and reliving the beauty of the place through their eyes. Also with providing my exceptional customer service I can make a positive impact on their vacation and time on Vancouver Island.

Pros

discounts on spa treatments and hotel rooms

Cons

poor structure

Excellent

Great starter job in housekeeping department Great people to work with. Everyone was always positive and management cared about how your day went. Meal plan. Great location. Guests received 5star experience which made it more pleasant to work with.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kingfisher Oceanside Resort and Spa. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.0Job security/advancement