Kingfisher Boats Employee Reviews

Production shop, lots to learn but is super fun once you know how to build boats.
Welder/Fabricator (Current Employee) –  Vernon, BC7 January 2020
I went from a weld shop assistant to learning how to build sub components all the way up to building hulls from the ground up. Lots of room for advancement and job security if your willing to work hard and show up everyday with a positive attitude. Management is approachable and willing to work with you to solve problems. Would recommend to anyone interested in tig and mig aluminum welding.
Pros
Kind, fair, organized, fun work place, room for advancement, lots of knowledge to learn
Cons
Supply your own air tools(impact/ drill), can be repetitive at times
9 January 2020

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review. We appreciate your feedback and are glad you have anchored your career with KingFisher Boats!

Nice location good family company
Product Development Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  Vernon, BC5 October 2019
Nice location good family company, interesting work building boats, utilize new software for designs, management and growth can be lacking. People are great.
13 November 2019

Thank you for your valued feedback! We are glad to hear you found a number of positives during your experience as an intern. At KingFisher Boats, employee learning and growth are just some of our top priorities. If you would like to help us understand more about your experience, please contact us at recruiting@kingfisherboats.com.

Great opportunities
Assembly (Former Employee) –  Vernon, BC1 October 2019
Great opportunities to increase your overall work experience. You get what you put into it. If you work hard, opportunities present themselves and are able to move up in the company.
13 November 2019

Thank you for your review. We are glad that we could provide you a positive work experience!

Hard workers, from the top down!
Labourer/Operator (Current Employee) –  Vernon, BC11 September 2019
Been there almost 10 years, started with ZERO experience and kept me engaged and interested everyday! Absolutely love the people I work with, most of us are hard working, dependable, decent employees! No fear in letting some experience new positions, and cut back if it’s not what was expected! They will always try to keep good people, and recognize a job well done. It’s the okanagan people, not high wages but good steady work. Those who complain, are lazy and need to get a life!
13 November 2019

The KingFisher Team is pleased to hear that you enjoy the culture within the Center of Excellence. Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review.

Terrible place
Welder (Former Employee) –  Vernon, BC29 August 2019
Maybe if your straight outta high school and its one of your first real jobs. Sure. But if your looking to grow as a welder and a human not so much. Salary is bad, they watch over your shoulder the entire time like a baby. Super annoying. Theu dont care aboit quality jist quantity so if yoir a decent welder your gunna be fixing alot of garbage then scrambling to catch up to what you should be doing. Not recommended
13 November 2019

Thank you for your feedback regarding your experience at KingFisher Boats. One of our aims at KingFisher is to offer competitive wages and provide a clear career path. If you would like to help us understand more about your experience please contact us at recruiting@kingfisherboats.com.

Oblivious to their problems
Welder/Fitter (Former Employee) –  Vernon, BC30 July 2019
The company is so focused on its image and looking out that they’ve no idea of the problems growing inside. Management is terrible, pay is better than many but the place is not worth it
13 November 2019

Thank you for your feedback. If you would like to help us understand more about your experience, please contact recruiting@kingfisherboats.com.

Awsome place to be
Assembly Technician (Former Employee) –  Vernom13 June 2019
Best work place ever, very clean and organized. Everyone was very nice and helpful and i really enjoyed it there. I would return and they would have me back but i had to move to penticton.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Pay
13 November 2019

Thank you for taking the time to write us feedback. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your employment experience at KingFisher Boats. All the best on your career path!

worse than 1 star
damage control (Former Employee) –  Vernon, BC22 April 2019
Awful management, maintenance, decision making and oversight. Dangerous at best. A Company that spends more time focused on their public appearance than their employees, equipment or the product the produce. 10/10 would not buy a Kingfisher.
13 November 2019

Thank you for the taking the time to write us a review. If you would like to help us understand more about your experience, please contact recruiting@kingfisherboats.com.

Great guys bad upper Management
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Vernon, BC24 January 2019
Great guys bad Management. The main production manager is very unfriendly. Many times he looked at me like I owed him money. Work life balance was great. My immediate supervisor was great to work with and deal with. Worked on my own all the time.
13 November 2019

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review. We are glad that you agree that we have an awesome team at KingFisher Boats. If you would like to help us understand more about your experience, please contact recruiting@kingfisherboats.com.

Do yourself a favor and avoid this place
Assembly Technician (Former Employee) –  Vernon B.C16 January 2019
Absolutely terrible company to work for, most of the employees are great but management is unorganized and just downright lazy. They make it seem like such a great place to work but you will quickly find out that they are not interested in giving out raises and will continuously pile more and more work on you with no compensation. Not one of the managers / supervisors should be in the position they are and they know it. Their form of job security is attempting to make everyone else look bad, if they spent as much energy trying to improve themselves and their team as they do on making everyone look bad they would be great leaders.
Pros
free pizza lunch once every three months
Cons
pretty much everything
13 November 2019

We would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review. If you would like to help us understand more about your experience, please contact recruiting@kingfisherboats.com.

horrible managment with a culture of bulling.
Assembly Worker (Former Employee) –  Vernon, BC1 October 2018
do you like being degraded and belittled then bullied and lied too/ abought, do you like working in a safety time-bomb, then bring your resume to kingfisher, they got what you want.
Pros
good workers
Cons
bad managment
13 November 2019

Thank you for your feedback. If you would like to help us understand more about your experience, please contact us at recruiting@kingfisherboats.com.

Management has a policy of silencing injured worker, which report health issues to a Doctor
assembler, painter, washroom attendant, slave (Former Employee) –  Vernon, BC15 August 2018
This is a bad place to fight a WCB claim. Company will spare no expense to silence the worker. Co-workers conduct public sting ops. to smear the worker. WCB looks the other way, all the time. No investigation will ever be done.
horrible place to work
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Vernon, BC17 July 2018
If you enjoy...
having a great night/day at work to only be ripped apart the next day, cut down at every turn, and never told you've done anything right because nothing you do will, ever, be good enough even if it's perfect.. because they have ZERO blue prints on the shop floor. You learn by watching a person for a few days.. who learned by watching a person for a few days... and then your left to your own devices..

This is the place for you.
Pros
They have coffee
Cons
the creams gone bad
13 November 2019

Fellow employees are great people managment needs some serious overhauling
Assembler (Former Employee) –  assembly28 February 2018
As far as a work enviroment its a great place but the management needs some serious overhauling. The hardest part of this job is having to put up with horribly orginized management that will expect you to fix their managment mistakes.

Lead Painter (Current Employee) –  Vernon, BC6 February 2018
The past 15 years have been good, very repeatative. Manufacturing push to meet times and numbers. Good work environment. Day and afternoon shifts to accomidate orders.
Pros
Regular days, steady work, and close to home
Cons
Production work
13 November 2019

We appreciate you taking your valuable time to write us a review. We are pleased to hear that you enjoy the work environment at KingFisher. Once again, thank you!

Sum
Line Leader (Former Employee) –  Vernon, BC11 May 2017
I was able to get my Red Seal through King Fisher
They provide good job security and benefits
The hours are okay
Management could be better
Pay is okay
13 November 2019

Thank you for writing us a review. We are also very proud of our Apprenticeship program at KingFisher Boats. We wish you all the best on your career path.