Here at KingFisher, we have a five-stage recruitment process. Firstly, we review the criteria of our applicants. The KingFisher Team then conducts interviews to get to know the candidate better – these are completed both via telephone and/or in person. If the candidate meets the criteria to proceed to the next stage, we will bring the candidate in for a job shadow to confirm their skills. Our fourth step is to conduct a background check to further look into the candidate’s work history. Lastly, the final step is to make an employment offer to the candidate best suited to the job.
We have high expectations of our employees. We require employees at all levels of the organization to take initiative, stay connected, grow together, and achieve outstanding results. To enable high performance, we provide opportunities for personal growth, a collaborative and inclusive work environment, and exceptional employee benefits.
Take the time to review our website, come prepared with questions, be punctual and be yourself. We value sincerity and look forward to meeting you!
The team at KingFisher Boats are given competency checklists to complete twice a year. Through these checklists employee’s skills are assessed and positioned on a pay scale. We have found this to be beneficial to employees as it a demonstrates a clear career path and allows employees to be compensated based on their performance.
Answered by Kingfisher Boats
We appreciate your comment. We are continually aiming to be the Best Place to Work in Vernon BC. We take pride in being one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies.
KingFisher working hours are as follows:
5:00 AM – 1:30 PM (Monday to Friday)
1:00 PM – 11:30 PM (Monday to Thursday)
5:00 AM – 3:30 PM (Wednesday to Saturday)
8:00 AM – 4:30 PM (Monday to Friday)
Your benefits as an employee at KingFisher Boats include:
- MSP: 50% MSP coverage
- Life and AD&D: One times annual salary to a maximum of $250,000
- Spousal/dependent life: $10,000 spouse/$5,000 child
- Long-term disability: Graded scale to maximum of $4,000 (must be disabled for 119 days)
- Prescriptions: 70% brand name, 90% generic
- Other health: 80% Paramedical (up to $300 for each physio, chiro and massage therapy)
- Emergency Travel Coverage: $5 million/lifetime for a 90 day trip
- Dental: 80% basic (cleaning, fillings, root canals), 50% major (caps, crowns, bridges), basic and major combined maximum of $500, 50% orthodontics ($500 maximum coverage)
- 1-5 years: 4% paid on gross earnings – 2 weeks vacation
- 6-10 years: 6% paid on gross earnings – 3 weeks vacation
- 10+ years: 8% paid on gross earnings – 4 weeks vacation
- EAP (Employee Assistance Program): Program that offers qualified specialists to aid in several aspects including: mental health and well-being, grief & trauma, nutrition, financial matters, legal matters, work issues & conflict, locating family doctor within region.
- RSP (Retirement Savings Plan): Company will match up to $75 per pay period.
- Work book allowance – $156/annum
- 75% cost for molded ear plugs, additional 25% reimbursed year after purchase (provided individual is still employed)
- Fishing trip after 5+ years service.
We take pride in being one of the largest employers in the Okanagan. Additionally, we have an average tenure of over 4 years. The KingFisher Team has seen over 60% development in the past 5 years and we continue to grow. Those who enjoy working at KingFisher demonstrate the following values: respect for people, financial responsibility, accountability, a sense of community enrichment, a good team player attitude and everyday improvement.
Steel toe boots, necessary ppe and work supplied coveralls. Will vary per department.
It is never a question. We have a large order file and our company continues to grow. We have phenomenal leadership.