Kingdom Construction Limited

Kingdom Construction Limited Employee Reviews

Canada8 reviews
death planks are the way to go!
lies lies lies..... took the job to enter into apprenticeship, was told they dont do apprenticeship, the employees are great very helpful, management is by far the WORST I've ever encountered in almost 20 years of employment, incredibly dangerous work environment and the job security rating of negative 10, if you want to fall off a 20 foot wall with questionable ppe to rely than kingdom construction is the place to be
Improve problem solving skills
Pretty good company that gives you lots of room to work independently and improve problem solving skills. Often left to resolve your own issues but still given proper time and assistance to do so. Very fair for rate of pay and great benefits package. One complaint would be they can be disorganized at times which leads to frustration when trying to meet deadlines given.
Bad management
Management has no time and are unable to train. Left to yourself to learn. The employees are a great group to work with. Wish them all the best. To management get training on how to teach and also treat people.
Pros
Cons
Management sucks
Roll the dice
From the first day I started, it was hit the ground running. Unfortunately zero mentoring, learn the role as I go. You will only know when you are not completing the job the way they want until there is an issue. Working with PM's/Site Super's and field workers was exceptional. There is a huge issue with upper management. If you are not able to bully and pressure to get what you want, you are not going to succeed here, any morals you have throw out the window. Extremely tight deadlines with no notice. Very old school approach to conduct day to day operations. Most of the office staff is very friendly minus a select few. Abundance of "you know who I am?" mentality, you will get talked down to and spoken to like you have no idea what is going on. I wouldn't change my time here, it did fill the gap for the time being and opened my eyes quite a bit. Do not step out of your assigned roll here, it can quite easily bite you in the rear. It could've been a great place to stay and develop, I just couldn't see myself progressing with the lack of respect around me.
Terrible management and company
Gimli jobsite is few million dollars behind so company tries to take shortcuts to save pennies at every chance . They make unrealistic expectations on workforce and blame workforce afterwards when things don't go as planned .They like to claim the crew doesn't do there part when I witnessed time and time again the guys putting all there effort and get nothing in return. This just isn't my opinion either as the turnover rate on this site is the worst I've ever seen . When I left the longest standing employes at that site was 6 months followed by 2 months after him on a site that was around 2 years going . That alone should give everyone an idea of how this site is
Good people to work around and always be on time to get the job done
Safety first before any job to de done. Aware of your surrounding and work safely everyday. keep up the good work til the end of the day. Report on time and attend tool box meeting.
Poorly Managed
Managers don't care about the workforce.
They promise everything and then back out when it comes time to deliver.

Only good thing is that if you are part of the workforce CLAC looks out for you.
Great Experiance
A perfect job to gain a wide variety of experience in the trades. The crew in the field is fantastic and a joy to work with. the work can be dirty and hard but its well worth it.
Pros
great coworkers
Cons
far from home