King Taps Employee Reviews

Typical restaurant culture with below average management
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 June 2019
long and bad hours
advancements hard to come by
management is inconsistent and micromanaging is prevalent
restaurant is either always understaffed or overstaffed
however, coworkers are friendly and good company culture
Pros
$50 off food on sundays
Cons
long hours, management is inconsistent
Fun staff but misleading managers
Expo (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 May 2019
The other staff were really fun to work along with. But management would ignore the availability I provided them with when getting hired on, weekly I found myself reminding management that multiple shifts they had given me were against my availability. To which they would then blame me for, how "I need t be more responsible with my availability". Management wouldn't answer messages or would brush off questions/concerns about requesting time off when it would be required to book flights/hotels. They also will mislead and tell males they do not hire any servers directly on, and one must work there way up to server. But they then hire countless females directly on as servers. I miss the co-workers! But not issues with management.
Pros
culture, other staff
Cons
management, respecting availability, requesting time off
Excellent staff relationships and atmosphere, best pizza and beer selection
Server (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 September 2018
I loved working here, the staff is so friendly and really do feel like a family. The food is great and we loved making friends with our regulars. Whether it's your first time visiting or you make regular visits, it always feels like home with good music.
The shifts are long and the money is decent, there are always shifts to pick up and days are the greatest.
If you know your beer you'll do great here, if not it is difficult but imperative that you learn the beer closely to really inform your guests and serve them better based on likes they describe to you.
Pros
Friendly staff, good food, staff events
Cons
Long hours, high tip out percentage
Great Company to work for
Bartender (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 August 2018
This company welcomed me with open arms and has developed and appreciated me since the beggining. They have allowed me to have a flexible schedule to enjoy my life outside of work as well.
Great Culture
Floor Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 April 2018
The company has an amazing culture and all the people we employ are top notch! If you want a fun and creative company to work for King Taps is your place.
Pros
The people
Cons
The night shifts
King taps
Server (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 January 2018
Overall great place to work. The company culture is fantastic and it really shows in the staff. I learned how much work goes into opening a restaurant and how to deal with many different personalities.
Pros
half off food
Fun, fast-paced
Bartender (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 November 2017
A very fun environment to work in; if you are out-going, social, and love to meet new people, this is the job for you. The hours are flexible, management is firm but also understanding. Overall a good company to work at; would recommend.