KING SAUD MEDICAL CITY

KING SAUD MEDICAL CITY Employee Reviews

Work-life balance

KSMC is one of the hospital that I miss working with. i learned a lot of experience in King Saud Medical City especially in taking care of critical patients. Being in there for almost 5 years makes me more tougher and stronger than ever and reminding me that life is not that easy, we need to be stand on our own. KSMC is one of the best hospital i ever known.

Pros

Free lunch

Productive workplace and satifaction

Huge trauma center caters all different cases which made me learn a lot. Great benefits. Awesome coworkers. Language barrier was a challenge. Administration looks after their employees. No income taxes at all.

Good

Sep 2014 – Sep 2015 King Saud Medical City, Saudi Arabia, Consultant Emergency Physician This is the biggest government hospital in Riyadh, the capital of Saudi Arabia. Seeing 120K visits per year. The ER was state of the art with 50+ beds, designated trauma area and 10 bed critical care bay.

multi-cultural but language barrier is very evident

I hope that in the future their employees will have less stressful time in fulfilling their requirements by giving clearer instruction in advance. Do proper screening of applicants so future problems will be prevented especially on the employees side. Working in a foreign country is not easy so I hope that support to newly hires will be better in the future.

workplace is good

King Saud Medical City is one of the oldest and largest hospitals in the kingdom of Saudi Arabia with 2000 bed capacity, I joined the hospital since October 2011 as a medical secretary.

Pros

not free

Cons

short breaks and etc.

Good

Good great quality of work.. Timings breaks and all kinds of work team work attending doctors dounds And food provided, off days.. no onetime lectures

Always had some thing new to learn

Mostly busy days but more exposure to new skills.I have got chance to learn how to prioritize and organise the works in a busy schedule and new updates regarding medical practices.Team work was the most enjoyable part of my job but hardly get help when needed as the unit was busy often.

Work overload with less manpower and less salary compensation

The system in king saud medical city is a headche. Manpower is not enough and the work is not compensated. Salary offer is low with no increment unlike other hospital and there's racism in the unit.

It was an amazing experience

It was an amazing experience where I see and experience all the different and rare cases in nephrology field because the hospital is the biggest in Saudi MOH And the department was very including 8 consultant of different certificates and nationalities.

Challenging yet Rewarding Work Life

Building capacity to ensure robust foundation for the organization's goals brings varied learning opportunities and challenges. A day's work is highly fast-paced, can be stressful at times but ultimately rewarding.There is collaboration and support among the colleagues.

King Saud Medical City- Maternity Hospital

KSMC is a1500 bedded hospital and one of the largest hospitals in Saudi Arabia. It is a joint commission international accredited institute. The hospital serves as training center for Residency training programs and referral center for several hospitals in and outside Riyadh. The department of obstetrics and gynecology in its general divisions conducts approximately 7,000 deliveries per year. It is supported by a well-developed sub-specialty in Feto-Maternal medicine, Reproductive endocrinology and Oncology.

good benefits and vacation leave

offers free continuing education and now offers them through online; good training ground for nurses, the exit process though is so tough and quiet a long process

Good and Exciting

Very nice and comfortable HOD was very good hearted and friendly.Very much considerate and mature and hard working.Gives liberty to work independently once convinced.Lot many leaves along with air tkts.Time to time revision in salary as per GOVT norms.Fix hour work.Hospital on OR very well equipped .

Incredible Hospital with willing doctors

I have been working 2 years in this hospital. Despite the fact that the weather conditions are terrible it is an excellent hospital with keen physicians and they do a great job with their patients

Pros

Good Salary, excellent staff

Cons

Difficult situations to handle

Fun workplace

I learned more on Ophthalmology and ENT while im working here. It gave an opportunity to work with people with different culture and learned a lot from them.

Medical Administrative Job

- Learning a lot of things most specially in terms of quality and communicating to other people, patient or other staff. Making a good and nice decision when the boss is not around. Professionalism for being a good member of Accreditation.

Pros

Free Lunch and having a lovable manager

Cons

Hard to leave the area

Full Nurse workload that needs teamwork, time management, good attitude, professionalism, patient care oriented

Being a Nurse in Special Care Unit in typical day needs full focus and willingness to work because the patient cases are at high risk an d may change on any work you do. Their are no room for errors. Especially handling babies less than 4kgs. that are vulnerable to infections and any other hospital acquired diseases. Healthcare team especially we nurses and oriented to excellent hand hygiene, medication errors, teamwork satisfaction, PALS and NRP code blue demos and training in the unit monthly, Fire drills, a lot of continuing educations every month, administrative trainings and evaluations are very strict. But I have to say that King Saud Medical City, Pediatric Hospital, Special Care Unit is an excellent training ground for nurses who are willing to work patiently like me.

Embracing Culture

My typical day at King Saud University is be a liason with dentists in delivery of outpatient care. I learned time management and interpersonal skills as I work from Sunday to Thursday with two-day weekends, The culture is quite different as I work in Saudi Arabia. Privacy particularly with female patient is very important as it is considered sacred. I learned to respect their culture and understand their religion as I have worked for more than 3 years. Having language barrier is the hardest part of the job since their are patients who do not know how to speak in English. The most enjoyable part of the job is during a week of Muslim holidays where I can go out of the country and see the world.

Pros

annual paid vacation

Tertiary Hospital in Riyadh with 1500 Bed Capacity

A huge Hospital that caters medical, surgery,maternity, pediatrics and a lot of services. This Hospital is an International Institution who is accredited by Joint Commision International (JCI) and Central Board for Accreditation of Health Care Institutions (CBAHI) who passed their standard.

Pros

Free food, accomodation, transportation, yearly round trip ticket & Annual Vacation

Unorganized

Needs more improvement in many areas. They’re very consistent in being inconsistent. Infection control group is very unreasonable. Many important equipment lacking.

The adminiatration under CEO is good environment with team work to achieving our goals

I like the place where we are current working we have good colleques, respect its other and helping it ither but i need to improvement mu self in open country and

Pros

On time for going home

Cons

Na

Ask a question about working or interviewing at KING SAUD MEDICAL CITY. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5Job security/advancement