KING'S ENERGY SERVICES Employee Reviews

Great people and an evolving culture
Employee (Current Employee) –  Red Deer, AB8 March 2019
Co-workers are great people to work with. Culture is evolving and changing for the better by managers beginning to live and breath its new core values - TACT and leading by example. Kings looks at getting the right people in the right seats. For the people who have posted negative comments on here, it is likely you just were not the right fit for the company. Every company has its bit of disfunction, but I believe Kings is moving in the right direction and is aiming at correcting this as much as possible. If you are hard-working, positive, and a team player you will do just fine working for this company.
Pros
Great people, changing culture
Great place to work!
former employee (Former Employee) –  Red Deer County, AB30 January 2019
great work environment. Good people . Company treats people good. Take care of their employees. Compared to other companies excellent. Good benefits. Great environment.
Pros
good people
Poorly Managed, bad 'vibe' place to work
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB29 January 2019
Upper management are terrible, I often saw them trying to blame the workers for their short comings. Head office is the worst, but other branches in the company weren't much better. Stay away from this toxic environment at all costs!
Pros
Cons
Low pay, poorly managed, toxic work environment.
Awesome place to work, Great environment & Co-workers
Accounts Payable Clerk (Current Employee) –  Red Deer County, AB15 January 2019
I enjoyed working for this company back in 2017 and after a year of maternity leave i am beyond proud and happy to be back at King's Energy Services. The employee's here are great, you can approach anyone for a conversation & feel comfortable about it. It doesn't take long for you to feel like a part of the team! Over the year i was away this place has grown, with new departments, new titles & a new core value to go by (T.A.C.T.) It was refreshing coming back to this & seeing the growth within the company.
Poor management and weak culture.
former employee (Former Employee) –  western canada17 May 2018
Very weak management "team". Promise workers advancement and raises, but no follow through. All they worry about is company profit. Lots of behind the scenes personal manoeuvering to get ahead.
A good workplace and good people to work with.
Electrical Engineering Technologist (Current Employee) –  Red Deer, AB27 April 2018
I worked as Technician before in a college and it was good, but the way how kings treat people is incomparable to my previous work. when I work here at Kings, Our department manager is great and most of the people are approachable. I can't compare it with my previous work environment.

This is a work place that I want to spend years of my service.
Bad culture
Worker (Former Employee) –  Alberta24 March 2018
Good coworkers. It used to be a fun place to work. But management is killing it. Some exceptions. But managers who are not accountable. Taking credit for others work. Holding grudges, bullying people. Punishing good people instead of training or helping. Calling people at home when drinking. They seem happy to get rid of good people. Then workers try to hold it all together.
Pros
Good coworkers
Cons
Culture and CEO not good.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Alberta19 October 2017
I found it hard to implement a employee friendly culture. CEO was so concerned about costs and was belligerent to staff.
Fear based leadership and lack of concern for employees.