Kinectrics Employee Reviews

Stressful
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON12 September 2019
Very stressful environment. Very good benefits, Unionized and have Pension benefit plan. Stay away if you want 8 to 5 job or want to avoid stress in life.
Loved working with my team
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON29 May 2019
You learn how everyone works differently. I was exposed to how all the departments functioned. It was usually busy most of the time which I loved the most out of it.
good place to work
Nuclear Technologist BRIMS program (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 May 2019
Great team environment, lots advancement opportunity. Benefits are unreal. pay goes up with experience, outage work is unlimited overtime, worked 80hr weeks for a year now.
A very positive environment and team mates that promote growth. Interesting industry and fast paced.
Project Coordinator/ Co-op Buyer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 May 2019
Had an incredible experience to work for this company.My job Responsibilities included previously done tasks like, requesting a quote from vendor, completing received quote and sending for project lead’s approval. Once the quote was approved by the project leader, part of my duties was to place purchase orders with supplier, calling suppliers to follow up on the delivery date and recording notes in holdbacks of every call made. In addition to this, once the parts were received, I prepared incoming Inspection documents for inspector to review. I also updated and presented Dashboards for all project managers that included details of the project like total budget, remaining budget on the project, cost for labor and material, commitments, delivery date from supplier and delivery date to clients. Moreover, I processed expenses of entire department staff through Concur Expenses. My duties required continuous communication with customers and project managers in order ensure tasks were completed in timely mannerThe organization culture was informal, friendly and supportive. The company makes sure that there is an upcoming event every other month so the entire Kinectrics team has something to look forward
to. They promote suggestions from different departments and within the department from all level of workers to make sure employees have a fun and productive work environment. The most difficult part of the job was that we would get quotes any time and almost every order was rush and had to be placed immediately so I had to stay after work to make sure the task is completed. Everything
  more... that I did was enjoyable because it provided a learning experience, enhanced my computer, leadership and organizational skills and helped me to work on my weakness.  less
Cons
commute
Highly technical
Senior Engineer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 November 2018
Kinectrics is a highly technical place to work with more than 400 engineers, scientist and PhD professionals. The firm serves more than 150 clients worldwide.
Excellent employer for highly-qualified technical people
Marketing (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 October 2018
Kinectrics will provide a wonderful environment for qualified engineers, scientists and technologists in the power generation to use their technical skills to the max. They will also gain the opportunity to grow and advance professionally.

This company is also a truly equal opportunity employer. Advancement is available to those who earn it. Pay and benefits are top-notch as well.

On the downside the workloads in some areas tend to be quite heavy which can affect work / life balance. Some areas of management could also be more organized.
Pros
Wonderful opportunity to use technical skills and advance Excellent pay and benefits.
Cons
Heavy workload in some areas, Dealing with many different personalities and temperaments
Good Pay and Benefits, 0 Advancement
Mechanical Engineering Technologist (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 September 2018
Great place to work if you are starting out. Moving up is very difficult. Takes a lot to advance up but if you get there then you are set for life and do not need to worry.
Electrical Engineering Technologist
Engineering Technologist (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 September 2018
Great place to work with many branches; high current testing, nuclear energy inspection, and smart grid/high voltage projects. Offers a great challenge to work on various projects in the related field.
Pros
Good opportunities
Cons
Long field work projects
Mangement
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 April 2018
The company would be great to work for but unfortunately some managers are a micro managers which makes your day to day work difficult. I enjoyed working with my co-workers
great place to work
Senior Nuclear Tooling Technologist (Former Employee) –  Toronto,on24 September 2017
Over 100 Years of ExpertiseKinectrics is the category leader in providing life cycle management solutions for the electricity industry. Trusted by clients worldwide, our expertise in testing, inspection, and certification is backed by over 100 years of experience in addressing the North American utility industry’s most challenging technical problems.
Good worplace
Engineer/Scientist (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 September 2017
No explicit training, more on the job learning which could be overwhelming sometimes. but it's a great place to learn, offers many opportunities to interact with international clients, which could be very beneficial for young professionals.
No comment
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 March 2017
Management style needs improvement. Fast pace, Lack of consideration of employee's life balance.
High turn over, High pay but little chance of advancement.