Kindersley Transport Ltd.

Kindersley Transport Ltd. Pay & benefits reviews

Canada74 reviews
Bad management was a big issue. There was a good team of heavy duty techs. But was told they would hold door open for us. All we were asking for a little bit of raise since trailers from across Canada were coming to the shop
Management is running the company to the ground. They hire incompetent team lead and play a lot of favorism. I went through 10 or more managers in less than two yrs I that I worked there!
Pros
Relatively slow at time
Cons
No raise, start early in the morning and no room to grow
I liked working there it was fun. Work with a great bunch of people. Had to move on I wasn't making the money that I needed. I would work there again. Pay was decent but I needed to make more. Other than that I think it's a good place to work
Pros
People
Cons
No enough hours for my liking
City deliveries, was fun. Good work environment. Costco deliveries in the morning. Union environment, guaranteed hours.

Free lunches on occasion. Good bonus structures.
Good benefits.
Pros
Bonuses
Cons
Little overtime
outdated trucks
too much old ware house

everything is broken inside of warehouse

too much dust everywhere specially Regina Location

salary average not good
Solid and Steady place to work with decent benefits. New to brand new decent equipment. C0mpany is on the upswing moving to a new terminal in Kelowna
Overall it is good but too much deduction
And not enough mile.

Company is good for company driver but for owner operator not enough mile

They pay on time
Cons
Pay was terrible, hours were extremely erratic, old equipment, work wasn't great. Safety was nice, and my dispatcher was pretty good. But when I compared hours worked to pay cheques, I was averaging $16 an hour. Some days you start 12 hour shifts at 6 am, some days you start 12 hour shifts at 6 pm. Avoid this company.
Pros
Some nice office staff
Cons
Pay, pay and pay
Incompetent management, indiscret Human Resources department, no work life balance. They have no structured pay scale so the person sitting next to you might have started at a significantly higher salary for the same job. You literally cannot ask for a day off (even without pay) in your first year and unless you have kids, you can’t negotiate your shift whatsoever. You CANNOT transfer to other sister companies. You have to quit one first and cross your fingers. NO training and a mentality of “you’ll just know” runs rampant. No SOP’s for any task your asked to perform and prepare to be micromanaged in EVERY e-mail you send and phone call you make. You also can’t drink the tap water, but they won’t tell you that for months.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Kindersley Transport Ltd.?
Every day is a stressful day. Management is constantly changing and is poorly trained and/or unqualified. Employees are always complaining and never seem to be motivated.
Pros
Medical Benefits
Cons
Poor Management
management was poor and unorganized, no room for advancement as well as poor pay and benefits the management did not get along with anyone and is a very hostile work place to be in
Pros
Cons
everything
Office staff is paid minimum wage and you will NEVER get a raise. All promises should be written down and signed before believed. Management doesn't care. Building is falling apart. Forklifts, trucks, trailers, everything is old and outdated and would never pass an inspection.
Pros
Hours
Cons
Will destroy your soul
Exciting times to work for this company. New management has revitalized the building, equipment, inspired and expanded staff in Vancouver, looking to expand and grow the business as a team. Excellent benefits package, and a strong corporate structure to set up any individual to be successful.
doesn't care about the employees. unsafe workplace. no regular safety meeting. poor benefits! semi monthly pay which is not good but you don't have a choice! everybody that works in the office are puppets!
Pros
Cons
dusty, dirty, poor management!
It is good place to work but the schedule not fit on me.Benefits is okay but does not have prescription which I do need.Doing pre-trip inspection outside in winter time is truly difficult
I enjoyed this dispatch position. The staff were exceptional. However the nights and afternoon shift was too difficult for me to have work life balance. I learned that although I am a bit of a night owl a late shift is not for me!
Pros
Great Staff, Benefits
Cons
late hours
Do not plan on making this company a career choice as you will find that it is not a company that pays well. They are a small to midsize trucking company in the grand scheme of transportation and logistics. But that being said, they are a decent place to gain experience before moving onto greater positions and better companies. Management seemed to have turnover issues and were probably not suited for the position to begin with. Their company is old and falling apart; what I mean by that is the facilities are rundown, and their equipment is garbage. I just don't see the company ever making serious investments in upgrading their image.

Tip: use this company as a place to gain experience only.
Pros
not much
Cons
dirty enivronment, low salary
Managed all departments including admin, sales and operations. Normal requirements for Management of a small terminal. Immediate supervisor was easy to work with.
The job wasn't hard at all as long as the Manager is dedicated and organized. The most enjoyable part of the job was that the Manager was in control of his destiny. If you are good at what you do and have good people skills it's a good place to work.
Pros
Pretty much free hand at managing as long as you do your job well.
Cons
work environment is not good.no heating in the offices during winter time..