Kindale Developmental Association

Working at Kindale Developmental Association: Latest Kindale Developmental Association Reviews

Canada16 reviews

Hard work but rewarding

The management treats you as per your seniority. Hard to move up; a lot of competition of jobs based on seniority. All dependent on how many hours you've worked. You work hard and only get recognized if you take extra shifts which may cause burnout. Management is not understanding and can be harsh.

fun working with people

loved the interview, they gave me a lot of history of Kindale. Lots of info about the job. I was hired and love working here. I do not like paper work, there is some and I understand it needs to be done. love working with the people. fell like I belong here

Pros

very nice people

Cons

paper work, but it needs to be done

love my job

i love working for kindale it gives me great pride in what i do to help the people. lot's of staff drama if you allow yourself to get caught in it, i do not. there is a union, they follow the rules

Pros

making a difference in clients life

Cons

seniority comes first not my bosses fault, union rules

Worst place I have ever worked

Management will not have your back. Hours are awful. Very stressful for little pay. Work load is impossible to keep up with. Don't waste your time with this place

Unsupportive environment

Horrifying experience. Management is totally unresponsive and unprofessional. I would not recommend working for them in any capacity. The person served does not come 1st.

Poisonous atmosphere

Be prepared to be phoned on your days off continually and asked, again and again, to please come in (senior staff won't answer their phones) Mostly Female staff who pursue 'office politics' on a large scale. Be prepared to be 'bossed' around by 'senior' staff who relish in letting you know how long they have been there and you WILL listen to them. High self-worth and attitudes for MOST, not ALL staff. Persons working there may have ECE 'experience' in other workplaces. no registered nurses

Too much micro managing

No trust in their employees. Verbal threatening. Not able to trust employers word. Very stressful environment. The vision Kindale had once is no longer a vision but a dictatorship.

Can be very rewarding

I really enjoyed working for Kindale helping individuals with there daily tasks. Very good company lot of nice people to work for, great benefits . Lots of work

Fast paced

This is a company that provides exceptional service to Persons with Diverse disabilities. This is a unionized job, so the company doesn't decide the wages. The wage doesn't seem fair for the work compared to places like hospitals. Management was great, i feel heard, and supported, while doing my job. There is lots of hours. And we get paid fairly in overtime. We are expected to follow policies and house duties. We aren't run off our feet, we have decent time for breaks, we are provided meals when we work. We have lots of fun while in the house or in the community.

Csw

Job was okay if you can stay out of all the politics, depending on where you work within the company depends on your hours. management is terrible and wouldn't recommend

I've been working with Kindale Developmental Association for a year now. The staff and management here are very supportive and willing to help. The job is rewarding, not in a monetary way, but it feels like the work being done is beneficial to the individuals we're working with.

Pros

Regular hours

Cons

Low hourly wage

Very Rewarding - Serious management problems

exceptional training program, excellent staff, challenging, fun, and extremely rewarding job. Serious lack of management. Significant lack of organization, and more importantly leadership in some locations, which constantly caused issues due to the disconnect between the management "team" and staff. A lot of questionable actions, decisions, and secrecy. Very difficult to be proud of where you work at times. With properly guided and mature leadership, Kindale could be an excellent place of employment, but until such changes are made....

Pros

Rewarding, great staff, paid practicum/training

Cons

No leadership, incompetent management.

A challenging career with rewards

Be prepared for anything- flexibility required when you support people of varying abilities. Be ready to laugh, not take things personally, and have a high degree of self directed attention to details.

volunteer

As a Volunteer for two years I found the work experience invaluable. A company that does keep trying to do its work for people who need assistance in a few different manners.

Pros

Excellent volunteer meals

Cons

at times too much work

Support Worker / Team Leader

A typical day is interpersonal with many clients that involve problem-solving according to set goals and reviewing care plans with a health-care team for consistency. Groups are where learning happens with effective ongoing residual results. Team leaders have the privilege of seeing positive growth at multiple levels Most managers are caring and want the best environment for staff and clients. The hardest part of the job is when the plan is not always followed which leaves a strain in relationships. With care it can be worked out. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing positive outcomes with applied techniques, and everyone leaves feeling happy the goal was accomplished.

Helping others

being able to help those that need an extra hand in life is great. I still think of them and love when i see them in the community. their smiles were the best.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kindale Developmental Association. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement