kinaxis

kinaxis Management reviews

Canada15 reviews
It is very exciting to work in Kinais. It's the best place to learn and grow professionally. Even the management is too good to help in many ways, professionally.
The company has a good work life balance with very average compensation.You get free pop and coffee.Frequent changes in the management roles.No real career path.
I'll keep this short, Kinaxis sells a good product and makes a lot of money for a company of its size. However, as a former member of a development team there I cannot recommend it as a place to work unless you're willing to just shut your mouth, do what you're told, and never think outside the box. Management quality ranges from good to awful, technical competence is all over the map, and employees are not given the opportunity to advance their careers or excel in any area. I was personally told to stop working on projects in my own time more than once, only to later have people rely on those projects once their worth was demonstrated (not that it got me any real recognition or extra pay). On the topic of pay, it's well below industry average. I was making at least 15% less at Kinaxis than I could have been doing the same job elsewhere. Someone there may disagree if they saw my title, but once again Kinaxis fails to impress as job titles are practically meaningless and have little to do with that your work involves beyond which major team you're on. The nail that sticks up gets hammered down, believe me. I was laid off with zero notice and all positive feedback, and I do suspect it was because I informed my manager that I wanted to negotiate more pay. I can't prove it as there is no evidence, but It seems like an awful coincidence. The company has also recently become obsessed with being a "billion dollar company" and it shows, culture is suffering as a result and people are less happy. They imitate policies from other larger companies without knowing why or how it will help - more...
Pros
Free Coffee, Soda, Good work-life balance
Cons
Low pay, inconsistent management, no opportunity for advancement
Not good if you are a creative type but if you like engineering culture is probably good. Fairly high turnover for new staff.

Management is very hierarchical so it you have a bad manager, better find another job situation.
Pros
Pizza
Cons
Working in silos
Kinaxis is a great company to work for. Culture is amazing, people value the company and their job. By far the best job I have had.
Pros
management, culture, work/life balance to name a few
Cons
to be honest I cannot think of anything
This company has great management, very approachable and open to ideas. There are many very smart people working here and extremely interesting work to do.
There are many opportunities for growth and advancement. The company is performing very well and rewards it's employees.

Employees get free fruit, gym on site, unlimited vacation etc.

Overall could not imagine a better place to work at.