kinaxis Employee Reviews

Good Work life balance.Free Pop.
Quality Assurance Specialist (Current Employee) –  Kanata, ON22 February 2019
The company has a good work life balance with very average compensation.You get free pop and coffee.Frequent changes in the management roles.No real career path.
Good job if you really just don't care
Software Test Developer (Former Employee) –  Kanata, ON19 January 2019
I'll keep this short, Kinaxis sells a good product and makes a lot of money for a company of its size. However, as a former member of a development team there I cannot recommend it as a place to work unless you're willing to just shut your mouth, do what you're told, and never think outside the box. Management quality ranges from good to awful, technical competence is all over the map, and employees are not given the opportunity to advance their careers or excel in any area. I was personally told to stop working on projects in my own time more than once, only to later have people rely on those projects once their worth was demonstrated (not that it got me any real recognition or extra pay). On the topic of pay, it's well below industry average. I was making at least 15% less at Kinaxis than I could have been doing the same job elsewhere. Someone there may disagree if they saw my title, but once again Kinaxis fails to impress as job titles are practically meaningless and have little to do with that your work involves beyond which major team you're on. The nail that sticks up gets hammered down, believe me. I was laid off with zero notice and all positive feedback, and I do suspect it was because I informed my manager that I wanted to negotiate more pay. I can't prove it as there is no evidence, but It seems like an awful coincidence. The company has also recently become obsessed with being a "billion dollar company" and it shows, culture is suffering as a result and people are less happy. They imitate policies from other larger companies without knowing why or how it will help  more... them. This cargo cult mentality will hurt them in the long run, mark my words. I'd speculate that the reason they're doing this is an inferiority complex about being around for so long without becoming huge, but that's getting off track.

On the plus side, if you just need a simple job where you show up, work 8 hours, go home, and get enough money to pay rent+bills, Kinaxis can provide it. Just don't look for anything more.
Pros
Free Coffee, Soda, Good work-life balance
Cons
Low pay, inconsistent management, no opportunity for advancement
Opportunity to be self-empowered
Director (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON23 July 2018
Great company where individual contributors are encouraged to think & try outside the box ideas as long as the best interests of the company are kept in mind.
Great Place To Work
Corporate Services (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON12 March 2018
I haven't worked there in some time now but it was an awesome place to work! Career advancement, benefits, culture was great. There was always an opportunity to grow.
Pros
Benefits, Career Advancements, Salary, etc...
Great company
Product Marketing (Former Employee) –  Kanata, ON12 November 2016
Great company. Amazing people to work with - knowledgeable and dedicated.
Fast growing with vision.
You will learn a lot.
great place to work!
Corporate Services (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON18 May 2016
Kinaxis is a great company to work for. Culture is amazing, people value the company and their job. By far the best job I have had.
Pros
management, culture, work/life balance to name a few
Cons
to be honest I cannot think of anything
the best company to work at in Ottawa
Corporate Services (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON18 May 2016
This company has great management, very approachable and open to ideas. There are many very smart people working here and extremely interesting work to do.
There are many opportunities for growth and advancement. The company is performing very well and rewards it's employees.
Employees get free fruit, gym on site, unlimited vacation etc.
Overall could not imagine a better place to work at.
Hidden gem in Ottawa
Development Manager (Current Employee) –  kanata17 May 2016
Kinaxis is an odd company-- $1 billion dollar valuation, but not a lot of people in Ottawa know about it.

I was pretty shocked at the scope of the product-- it does a lot. There's not a lot of technology buzzwords here, just lots of work on core intellectual property.

Nice thing is that even though the company is successful, everyone is working together, and lots of good cross team interaction.
Pros
Product, people
Cons
Office layout a little old school
Technical Support Specialist responsible for assigned customers
Technical Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Kanata, ON2 March 2015
Technical Support Specialist responsible for assigned customers ensuring that their newly acquired software received proper data mapping from their legacy system and that the installation, training & rollout they received was sufficient to allow easy start-up.
Pretty decent workplace. Bosses were reasonable.
Developer (Former Employee) –  Kanata, ON27 June 2014
Friendly atmosphere. Not too much stress in the workplace after the new version of Rapid Response launched but there was a fair bit of it before hand.
Pros
Friendly staff, good environment, treats on friday
Cons
bit of stress when behind coming up to launch
Good product,
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON10 July 2012
Major restructure of sales organization resulted in my position being eliminated. Was on board less than 90 days when the restructure ocuured.
Good product, long sales cycle.