Kinark Child and Family Services Employee Reviews

Volunteer Experience
Volunteer Experiences (Former Employee) –  Ajax, ON26 April 2018
The volunteer supervisor was very supportive and communicated well with the volunteers and ensured they cared for had the tools they needed. Very diverse and inclusive work environment.
Pros
Annual Volunteer Lunch
Cons
On call to volunteer
Awesome staff
Friend Mentor and Group Leader (Current Employee) –  Newmarket, ON9 April 2018
I volunteered here, they're amazing. The managers are awesome, and they love giving you opportunities to show your knowledge. I wish the volunteers would be given more opportunities to actually work in the field vs. childcare, but overall awesome experience with everyone on each team.
Pros
Amazing staff, easy to balance with personal life
Cons
No personal support, Not learning the field
The absolute worst company I have ever worked for.
HR Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON1 March 2018
This job was by far the worst experience I have ever had. Granted, I worked at the head office location in the HR Department, so I may have had a different experience than other employees have had who work in the field.

The HR Manager at the time was the most incompetent and lazy person I have ever had the displeasure of working for. She would make you do all the work, and then take all the credit - one time I sent an email to the CEO with a project I was working on, so he knew I was the one to complete it - and the my manager ripped me apart for it.

On top of that, she would spend 10 minutes yelling at you for being 2 minutes late. And it was never okay to have an appointment during the day without taking a full vacation or sick day. Work-life balance is not a thing in the HR Department at this company, and you constantly feel like you are walking on egg shells.
Pros
The other people.
Cons
Everything else.
Rewarding work environment
Therapist/Counselor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, Ontario22 January 2018
This agency provides much opportunity for ongoing training and workshops, consistent supervision and career goal support. Caseloads can be intensive, as well as paperwork.
Pros
Ongoing professional training and workshops
Cons
paperwork and reports took time away from clients sometimes
Lots of company provided training
Student Placement (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ON12 October 2017
As a student or employee with Kinark Child and Family Services (Aurora office) you can expect lots of company provided training and great supervision.
friendly place to work
Funding Admin (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 August 2017
Great place to work . No pressure what so ever. Every laid back environment with all of space to move up within the company if you stay for a while. Although the pay for entry level position could be better .
Pros
great co wokrers
Cons
commute
Meaningful and Supportive
Program Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Minden, ON21 June 2016
The KOC is a phenomenal place to work. The front - line staff and management are all great to work with. The environment is fun, safe, and supportive, and at the end of the day, you feel like you have done meaningful and purposeful work, and are appreciated for it. The other reviews do not represent the current culture at the KOC, apply and see for yourself.
Best group of workers ever -
Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Midland, ON4 May 2015
In the 20 years at Kinark there was never a disagreement among staff. The staff are friendly, helpful, caring and kind. The same can be said of the Management. What a wonderful experiencde my years there were. And.... I still keep in touch.
High standard of professionalism and support of evidence-based practice
Autism Spectrum Disorder Consultant (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON1 September 2014
Fast-paced environment with a very high standard of professionalism and excellent support for and encouragement of evidence-based practice. Case loads and presentation commitments were heavy, as were use of technical reporting tools based on excel. Good opportunities for professional development were made available (actually mandatory) for all employees. The hardest part of the job was the work load and logistics of traveling throughout a large geographical region, and managing to make it to appointments on time with unpredictable weather as well as unpredictable traffic.
Pros
Professional development opportunities, high standard of professional behaviour among staff, excellent support for evidence-based practice, high performance standards
Cons
Inadequate training for use of reporting tools, very heavy workload, stringent evaluation standards, constant stress for employees worried about 'losing points' on their regular evaluations.
If you are young and like everyone else, you may advance.
Intensive Behavioural Therapist (Former Employee) –  York Region, Ontario11 October 2012
Cookie cutter approach. Need to look the same, think the same and take orders without questioning the process.

They hire on contract with a slight chance of advancement for permanent position.
Pros
if hired permanently, good benefits. typical wages for the industry.
Cons
preference goes to part-time university students with a hight turn over.
Lots of differences of opinions amongst co-workers as well as between front line staff and management pertaining to treatment approaches
Youth Counsellor (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON9 August 2012
I found the constant power struggles and differences of opinions amongst staff to be emotionally draining and mentally taxing. I did, however, enjoy providing meaningful support to a number of youth during my tenure there.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kinark Child and Family Services. Our community is ready to answer.

Kinark Child and Family Services Reviews by Location