Kin's Farm Market Employee Reviews

They are tricking immigrants
Clerk/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC5 May 2019
Be careful, they make you work like full time but they register you as part-time. You work exactly 7:49 just to not be paid full time. Too many work for a little salary.
Discrimination from Manager
Produce Clerk (Former Employee) –  New Westminster, BC2 May 2019
I was hired and was assure it was an equal opportunity employer, however when the manger heard I had anything that might hurt her, "bonus store." I was then told I would only have 2 weeks to prove myself or I would be let go.

Following this, a very minor mistake was made in the order of stocking, and I was told once again that if my perceived deficits got in the way, I would be let go, as I was hurting the team. This was on my 3rd shift, and up till this point I had received almost 0 training.

I personally watched the manager talk to customers and staff rudely. Sometimes leaving customers with a shocked look on their faces.

All in all, one of the worst managers I've ever had.
Cons
Rude manager (to customers and staff)
Poor management and very low morale
Warehouse supervisor/worker (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC25 March 2019
Upper and middle management does not care about the employees. Expect the world from it's employees and would only pay the bare minimal. You get worked like a dog, but no appreciation or acknowledgement from upper management or middle management. There is no workplace culture, thus the reason for low morale and the high turnover.

Only positive is the co-workers, they are a pleasure to work with. But unfortunately, nobody sticks around long enough.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Too much to list
Very competitive workplace, Prioritizes customer service
Stock Person (Current Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC23 January 2019
Working at Kin's Farm Market trained my communication skills and service towards other people. My job taught me how to be responsible for my actions and to be focused on the assigned task.
Pros
Great coworkers
Cons
Unfair managers
Good entry level job
Stock/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON15 January 2019
Was good for work experience and improving customer service. I feel I deserved an increase in wage but never received one even after the years of loyalty provided.
Fun workplace
Shift leader (Former Employee) –  Port Coquitlam, BC7 January 2019
A typical day at work starts at 7:30AM and your shift ends at 3:30PM. They day goes by fast, the people you work with are fun and the most enjoyable part of the job was making customers happy.
Labour is not worth the pay
Stockperson (Current Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC28 November 2018
For the amount of labour, the pay isn't worth it. However, the team culture has always been positive and warming, hence a positive work environment. Work schedule is very flexible and accommodating.
Pros
20% discount off of regular-price produce
Cons
Could use better pay
Fast Paced enviroment but very family oriented
Cashier, Stocker, Sampler, Food Prep (Former Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC5 November 2018
Good first job you learn a lot but at my time there the store became very family orientated and you were treated very unfairly. Store began losing a lot of staff due to this problem and it became very hard to work for them.
Good Management
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC19 October 2018
I get to learn a lot of things such as the different fruits and vegetables. I get to know to tend the till and the management is good. They are all hardworking and easy to work with.
Pros
Purchase discount
Cons
Open area
labour work
Sales Associate / Cashier (Current Employee) –  Guildford, BC27 August 2018
Labour work only. They need people to work fast and communicate with customer in a nice way.
What I learned is how to make display in a very nice way, and work well in customer service.
Pros
flexible hours
not a good place to work
Sale Associate (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC24 August 2018
it is tiring and the management sucks. coworkers are fine but it is not a good place for motivation
no mater how hard you try, you only get min wage
you work a lot but you only receive a bit
Cons
long hours, bad management, no heat
Kin's Farm Market is a Great place to work
Cashier and Storage Stocker (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC7 August 2018
Even though I have only work at Kin's Farm Market for 8 months, but because I have a really good management providing splendid leadership and training, allowing me to work at my best capability alongside with splendid co-workers. The working environment of Farm market are usually untidy, but it is not the case for Kin's Farm Market. The working environment is clean, and neat providing an awesome mood to work with. All of these allowing me provide the best customer service and work attitude which allow me to honorably receive "Best Employee of the year" in the year of 2015. I hope I can have the chance to provide the same work attitude and service to my next employer.
Great part time roll
Stocking Person (Former Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC15 June 2018
Flexible hours, not working late for students. Great management. I worked here as a highschool student and they were always flexible with my hours. No complaints.
Demoralizing Work Experience
Warehouse Packer (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC12 June 2018
The pay does not match the effort that you have to put in. They only care about exploiting you so everything gets done. No regulation to use machinery. Do yourself a favor and stay away, this place is complete garbage. As a part-time, you don't get ANY benefits and for labor work, the compensation is minimal.
Pros
Absolutely Nothing
Cons
Literally Everything
Stressful and Unrewarding
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Ladner, BC29 April 2018
The higher management is egocentric and will not care if their employees work for three other workers and overtime under terrible conditions. The higher management have numerously bullied those bellow them.
Pros
Cons
Everything, especially the treatment and cold
Produce Retail Store
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Denman St. Vancouver16 April 2018
Kin's Farm Market has 30 Stores in Great Vancouver. From 2009, the business keep dropping and SM's salary never increase in 10 years, so many Managers lost the passion which is very dangerous situation .
Fast environment
STORE MANAGER IN CHARGE (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC9 April 2018
Day starts very early (7:30 am) and for some locations it is 9am. Old management is changing to new team. Hopefully it will help develop Kins online...
Think twice about working here
Associate (Former Employee) –  Head office2 April 2018
Worked at the head office for just over a year. Lacks company culture, everyone recites the mission statement every morning but nobody lives it. Very difficult to move forward with new ideas because the management is stuck in their old ways. Absolutely no structure and barely any policies or procedures. Store managers are most unenthusiatic people I've met.
Pros
Fruit samples.
Cons
language barrier, messy and unorganized, low pay
fast paced healthy work environment
Cashier at Kins Farm Market (Former Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC20 March 2018
-cashier
-prepare fruit and vegetable plates
-pack the vegetables/fruits that need to be put away
-clean the store before leaving(mop,sweep,wash counters)
Not good enviroment
Packer (Former Employee) –  Richmond warehouse12 March 2018
Was working in there warehouse before. The management is really no good. Supervisor just sitting in the office & watching YouTube. The cooler is flood with water. They don't care if you socks get wet. They said their paying competitive salary, but you got paid really cheap for the work compare to other produce warehouse.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kin's Farm Market. Our community is ready to answer.