Killarney Mountain Lodge

Killarney Mountain Lodge Employee Reviews

Great seasonal job

Great job to work at during summer. Dockhand is a fun position outside with a lot of tips and nice people. Management is very nice and understanding. Great place to work if you love hiking and outdoors

Any other resort would treat you better

Unsanitary staff accomodations, no staff meals, no affordable food options in town, unorganized management, constant firing and staff being pushed to leave, understaffing especially during busy season, overworking staff with overnight shifts, split shifts, 14 hour days and rare days off.

Cons

Incompetent management

Poorly managed with little organization.

Working in Killarney was a great experience, getting to spend the summer in nature, being outside all day and living in a relaxed environment. These were about the only benefits. The management is very poorly run and unorganized. We did not receive any formal training which created a confusing environment once guests started to arrive. And living in such a small town involved a lot of high-school level drama. I think everyone that is interested should experience a summer working in Killarney and get to enjoy it for themselves, but be aware that it may not be what you expect.

Pros

Beautiful location

Cons

Long hours, poor management, unorganized

Miserable and poorly managed

The leadership is awful, the work environment is toxic and they make you work crazy hours that aren't even legal. Additionally, you have to pay for staff accommodations that are way too expensive and really run down. I feel bad for anyone who ends up working here.

Worth the Experience

Killarney is a beautiful place to be in as well as work in. You get to enjoy the facilities as any guest would and make lasting friendships. The hours are long and the job can be quite demanding, but if you're up for the challenge you will be well rewarded.

Excellent place to manage

I have enjoyed my time building the company from a small family resort to a destination brand

Pros

Career development

Cons

isolation

Amazing place to work and live

Everyone was very friendly and great to work with. There were so many opportunities to have fun doing activities with the team of employees outside of work.

GOOD place to work

A new experience And a way to enjoy nature at its best the staff are amazing the guest were amazing i really enjoy all the activities like hiking and kayaking

Pros

activities, accommodation

Cons

far away from town

very relaxing, friendly people

I enjoyed working at the Lodge because I could work with family or friends of mine. I was a house keeper and it was very easy going. We started early and ended at a decent time as well which I really liked.

Pros

free use of the pool

Cons

repetitive

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Killarney Mountain Lodge. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.6Job security/advancement